Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

this is actually really cool of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Condiv posted:

Agreed. Ben and Jerry's has been surprisingly good about addressing stuff like this and gay marriage, and it feels far less forced than when typical brands make statements that coincidentally tie in with their product.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i saw hamilton. first act A+, second act C- snooze fest.

best song is the one that isn't a rap sung by king george. the raps are good tho. not hundreds per ticket good but good.

play has bad roles for women though. the only women in the play are the ones hamilton fucks while he waits to get old enough to get shot. gently caress that second act is bad and long

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

it's certainly cooler than what whole foods did http://www.thedailymeal.com/news/eat/people-are-angry-whole-foods-donated-sandwiches-national-guard-baltimore/043015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Condiv posted:

Reminder that Ben and Jerrys is now ownrd and run by the enormous Unilever conglomerate

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Real hurthling! posted:

best song is the one that isn't a rap sung by king george. the raps are good tho. not hundreds per ticket good but good.

play has bad roles for women though. the only women in the play are the ones hamilton fucks while he waits to get old enough to get shot. gently caress that second act is bad and long

chicago i assume?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Homework Explainer posted:

chicago i assume?

broadway. when it first opened

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Reminder that Ben and Jerrys is now ownrd and run by the enormous Unilever conglomerate

they're an Approved Brand so for some reason them doing the exact same things normally made fun of is actually v. real and true and genuine and please do not question the nice ice cream boys.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nice Cream Boys is actually the name of the worksafe version of Cum Town

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

still, not many people are willing to actually stick up for the blm movement right now. it's pretty great they were willing to be brave and stand on the right side of history while it was still risky to do so

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I don't think history has sides

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
so unilever employs a blogger for their ice cream brand to write about systemic racism and the benefits of joining black churches on their ice cream website?

i think i need to sit down

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TenementFunster posted:

so unilever employs a blogger for their ice cream brand to write about systemic racism and the benefits of joining black churches on their ice cream website?

i think i need to sit down

Ben & Jerry's was founded by a couple of nice hippie dudes who wanted to sell ice cream, smoke weed, and bring social and economic justice to the masses. Even after they sold the company and retired, the ethos was still left over in their company's DNA.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

*fart noise*

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love ice cream and the liberation of black people. This is the product for me!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
Check out the AT&T booth for free samples of Schweddy Balls at the next BLM event

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Real hurthling! posted:

broadway. when it first opened

same and pretty much agreed without even taking into account the terrible history/politics

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

what

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i'm glad aaron burr shot hamilton to death

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

omfg.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I paid $20 to go to that panel it was huge gyp.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea that was...interesting to read

quote:

At Thursday’s LGBTQ X-Men panel a Romani fan asked the panel about the representation of Romani people in comics and how they are often characterized as thieves or unstable.

Peter David responded in an elevated voice that when he was in Romania he saw a child being dragged by its parent. The child was unable to stand because their legs were bent upwards.

David asked his guide what was going on. The guide told him that the family was Roma and that Roma parents broke their children’s legs so that they’d be more effective at begging.

David said that because of his experiences he does not want to hear about the representation of Romani people in comics. He refused to discuss the issue further and told the questioner to go away.

No other panelists responded. The moderator said something about wanting to keep the focus on positive things and the panel then resumed.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Maybe he's just upset about that time they tried to steal the holocaust

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

polysynth posted:

Check out the AT&T booth for free samples of Schweddy Balls at the next BLM event

they stopped making Schweddy Balls fyi

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Civilized Fishbot posted:

they stopped making Schweddy Balls fyi

this is the real scandal

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo. So I guess Peter David must be real salty about them making Magneto a Jew again back in the 90s instead of a drat dirty Gypsy?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/TicTacUSA/status/784831611531436032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

I paid $20 to go to that panel it was huge gyp.
you shouldn't say "gyp," that's a negative terms towards the ro- ohhhhhhhhhh

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

How did I miss this? Thank you.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I guess they were at least tangentially involved in this instance

a little bit

a wee bit

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

how come the national guard is all white?

why isn't it demographically representative of the demographics of the area they inhabit?

bussing in weekend warriors from wealthier suburbs to keep the poor blacks suppressed isn't a great look...

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the music in Hamilton and that black dudes play G Wash and TJ

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I appreciate the godawful dad pun here so good work B&J.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zas posted:

this is the only song I know from hamilton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-POLR8qF_o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Agreed. Ben and Jerry's has been surprisingly good about addressing stuff like this and gay marriage, and it feels far less forced than when typical brands make statements that coincidentally tie in with their product.

shUT THE gently caress UP