Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Dove/status/788439612200849408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Dove to women "You should smile more!"

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

didn't some other brand get roasted for doing this a few months ago

or was that also the soap people

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

wtf

"i'm depressed cause my parents are divorcing..." "hey please post some positive stuff you're bumming me out #speakbeautiful"

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

wtf

"i'm depressed cause my parents are divorcing..." "hey please post some positive stuff you're bumming me out #speakbeautiful"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lf was a cointelpro operation to create a class of idiot radical writers to poison leftism for another generation

Everything on SA is a CIA front. Except GBS, which is just the plain ol' regular kind of bad.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
:nsamad:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

didn't some other brand get roasted for doing this a few months ago

or was that also the soap people

Jesus I hope so.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Top City Homo posted:

I think Sam kriss is a cool insightful dude

and speaking of woke brands... http://thebaffler.com/blog/just-plain-nasty-kriss

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://twitter.com/JohnGHendy/status/791274268340330497

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dunno if they got the memo but tswift is a secret alt righter obvi

the real question, as ive posed before, is why she's remaining silent on, for example, neon genesis evangelion, or anti-natalism

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

maybe they don't want to complicate their careers by broadcasting their politics?

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

Why is it that every time I find an interesting political writer it turns out they're a former Something Awful poster who everyone hated.

Dead Ken was a great poster and popular until he was purged wit the rest of lf. *Eyes Yang's reg-date suspiciously* and you look awfully young to remember any of this Mister!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I really hate this aspect of social media. No one is obligated to take a stand on anything, regardless of how many followers they have, in fact I'd even consider JohnGHendy to be harassing Taylor Swift in this case.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lf was a cointelpro operation to create a class of idiot radical writers to poison leftism for another generation

bigly, if true

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Powercrazy posted:

I really hate this aspect of social media. No one is obligated to take a stand on anything, regardless of how many followers they have,

reasonable, tho personally I think it's worth understanding the mindset of celebrities, since what they do has such a large effect on people.

Powercrazy posted:

in fact I'd even consider JohnGHendy to be harassing Taylor Swift in this case.

lol what the gently caress

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

devtesla posted:

reasonable, tho personally I think it's worth understanding the mindset of celebrities, since what they do has such a large effect on people.

lol what the gently caress

In twitter lingo it's "subtweeting." Basically you are a person with some followers and you say "hey person X is bad" then surprise, surprise, some subset of your followers goes and harasses person X. With great power (followers) comes great responsibility. Though I'd argue that one of those responsibilities isn't to give your hot-take on anything. That said lol if you believe in harassment on the internet.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Castigating a celebrity on twitter for failing to use their twitter account just seems like a round-about way of pretending that anything you yourself are doing on twitter is potentially consequential and relevant to actual journalism.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
It's dumb to condemn a celebrity for not getting involved politically but man, I bet it would move the needle a non-negligible amount in some places if TSwift was like "Trump is no good, folks."

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Where is a place where Tswift would budge a single vote? Her fan base is one of the most pro-Hillary demographics there is. Certainly the most pro-Hillary white demographic.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

Her fan base is one of the most pro-Hillary demographics there is. Certainly the most pro-Hillary white demographic.

thats not exactly true in fact

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

The Kingfish posted:

Where is a place where Tswift would budge a single vote? Her fan base is one of the most pro-Hillary demographics there is. Certainly the most pro-Hillary white demographic.

She got her start in Nashville and still has the ear of plenty of pop-country folks, many of them not having the most progressive values!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

She's also pretty popular with young people, who are not known for showing up to the booth in high numbers. Which is why they are having GOTV concerts with Katy Perry and Jay-Z, though neither of them has the ear of the youth like TSwifty does.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Taylor Swift is the most basic bubblegum poo poo imaginable so I'm sure there are a lot of white suburban women that take her word for gospel

but also she doesn't owe anyone her political opinion lol who cares

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Actually, you will find that Taylor Swift is p cool. 1989 is a really good album for instance.

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
T. Swift Releases Manuscript Calling for All Humans to Walk Hand in Hand Into Extinction

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

he was a pretty big rear end in a top hat in lf

wtf what was his username

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
They have kind of a point on Taylor Swift. I didn't read the whole thing but some article mentioned that she had been through some legal episode of a producer getting handsy or some poo poo and her getting to pull teeth to get out of the contractual obligation to work with him. She got groped and had to convince people it actually happened and something needed to be done about it. She could say "I have experienced what these women are accusing Donald Trump of doing, and everyone should be taking this more seriously."

She doesn't have to, and it's reasonable for her to choose not to, but it affects her personally, will continue to affect her personally, hurts millions of people, and she's in a great position to do something to change it. Reminiscent of how Freddy Mercury could have taken the public attitude to AIDS a decade into the future single-handedly, but would never have been willing to go through all the poo poo it would have taken. Just a darn shame.

I don't know where they get off saying The Rock and Garth Brooks need to endorse somebody though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think we know which candidate notorious 4chan poster and aryan princess taylor swift is voting for

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Wulfolme posted:

They have kind of a point on Taylor Swift. I didn't read the whole thing but some article mentioned that she had been through some legal episode of a producer getting handsy or some poo poo and her getting to pull teeth to get out of the contractual obligation to work with him. She got groped and had to convince people it actually happened and something needed to be done about it. She could say "I have experienced what these women are accusing Donald Trump of doing, and everyone should be taking this more seriously."

She doesn't have to, and it's reasonable for her to choose not to, but it affects her personally, will continue to affect her personally, hurts millions of people, and she's in a great position to do something to change it. Reminiscent of how Freddy Mercury could have taken the public attitude to AIDS a decade into the future single-handedly, but would never have been willing to go through all the poo poo it would have taken. Just a darn shame.

I don't know where they get off saying The Rock and Garth Brooks need to endorse somebody though.

That's the same problem Ke$ha is having, and thus why she seemingly dropped off the face of the earth..

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

what is it about taylor swift that makes some of the dumbest people to project their ideals onto her? i read a particularly stupid article about how people should hate her because she's not a self-made celebrity, but someone who had privilege and help

Top City Homo posted:

I think Sam kriss is a cool insightful dude
he's funny but his articles read like a text version of a zero punctuation review

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
she's bigger than jesus and that gets the heckles up real easy

i dont think anyone else is bigger than jesus atm so she gets the full blast

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i suppose it also helps that she doesn't really talk about much

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Zas posted:

thats not exactly true in fact

Millennial women are the most pro Hillary demographic of white people.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

get that OUT of my face posted:

i suppose it also helps that she doesn't really talk about much

that too. blank slate.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

Millennial women are the most pro Hillary demographic of white people.

that's not the demographic we were discussing

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Wulfolme posted:

that too. blank slate.

*space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Zas posted:

that's not the demographic we were discussing

oh ok. I kinda assumed that would be her demographic. Am I wrong?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

i don't know why we're parsing out TSwift's demographics this much but I'm totally into it. TSwift is like the best selling musician second only to Beyonce right now so I don't think you can just point to one demographic and say "That's her demographic. That's the one!" Young women, not young women, older women, gay men, straight men who aren't stuck up their own rear end, women in cities, women in the country. some of those demos don't vote in high numbers or are not exactly liberals so tswift could in fact have some influence that might not be easy to completely and totally dismiss were she to take a public position on the election but it's totally her prerogative to do that or not. as long as she keeps working with joseph kahn for her music videos, me and tswifty are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

oh ok. I kinda assumed that would be her demographic. Am I wrong?

think about it this way: if an election were held among taylor swift's fanbase, hillary would win, but djt would have enough votes to make a pop star think 'eh i dont necessarily want to alienate them'