Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

this is a show that a lot of people say is good but i couldn't get through 15 seconds of this

the clip loses a lot of significance out of context, but the gist of it is that the video is an intentionally over the top and overdramatic message to throw authorities off the actual hackers' trail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

where is the link please im asking for a friend

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hamilton is good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

of course, every old jew's one true weakness!

Broadway

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i saw hamilton. first act A+, second act C- snooze fest.

best song is the one that isn't a rap sung by king george. the raps are good tho. not hundreds per ticket good but good.

play has bad roles for women though. the only women in the play are the ones hamilton fucks while he waits to get old enough to get shot. gently caress that second act is bad and long

what

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

omfg.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

devtesla posted:

That's really bad actually lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oil! posted:

I don't know why anyone would want to demonize a drill bit as great as the Kymera XTreme Hybrid. Think about it. You get the shearing action of a PDC bit AND the rock crushing strength of a roller-cone, all in one design. Performance like that is extremely necessary in challenging carbonates and interbedded formations, where stick slip and vibration would destroy normal PDC bits or reduce the ROP of roller cones to a crawl.

good username/post combo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yessssss

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Has John Oliver said anything about the election since his ridiculously embarrassing Drumpf sign thing?

His episode is tomorrow and it will be the first episode I've watched in like 5 months

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I want to smack every single person who writes an article titled "Why _______________ matters more/is more important than ever"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Unless the blank is "good pipe maintenance" and the article is about rec weed

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hamilton is a good modern musical that has been jerked off so many times it can only get it up by lin manuel miranda personally leading a rebellion of millennials whose worst financial hardship in life was their meal plan running out

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

been smashed and replaced already, every place keeps spares

NY,NY is really touchy about broken windows for some reason

Yeah we can all thank Giuliani for that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Laphroaig posted:

I can't wait for the alt right to boycott Disney

Then we can have CuckTales

Life is like a hurricane
Here in, cuck burg,
Race wars alt-right JohnMcCain
It's a, cuck blur
Might solve benghazi, or become a Nazi!

Cuck Tales!
(Woo oo )
Every day they're out there making
Cuck Tales!
(Woo oo)

D-d-danger lurks behind you
There's an immigrant out to find you
What to do just just grab unto some
Cuck Tales!

Cuck Tales!

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sitchensis posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm not American, but has this farce gotten any traction in terms of media/protests?

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao normalization is a hell of a drug

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

lmao at snl calling something unfunny
pizzagate is funnier than anything snl has ever done

Idk man once people started going in and shooting any residual humor died pretty fast

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Nuke Hollywood.

edit: also the "next story" from that article

:thinking:

Actually the NC GOP is in fact putting in all these hilariously transparent power grabs that are almost too blatant to be true.

They put in a "bipartisan election committee" to oversee elections in the state. They graciously decided to let the democrats chair it in odd numbered years and the republicans chair it in even numbered years.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Laphroaig posted:

crosspostin'

pfft classic mistake, buying cheap works shoes when you're gonna be on your feet all day? get yourself some cole haan's or something that won't wear through the sole in a week

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Thinx is cool because from the start they've always been super feminist, so they can get away with stuff like that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's totally over the top, I just personally find the genuine feminist/woke liberal stuff less funny than the giant corporations that shamelessly try to sell themselves as socially conscious to appeal to young consumers

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Feminism is....good?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this is an actual irl poster that the MTA put on subways in NYC

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a retard posted:

late on the manspreading chat but the nypd has actually used "manspreading" as yet another reason to harass minorities on the subway

nice

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

This is "boy this website sure is something awful!!" level of lazy headlining

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

they hit all the high notes too

quote:

Unfortunately, despite Nintendo’s history and reputation, Super Mario Run is not a family-friendly game — or at least not one my wife and I will be letting our 6-year-old daughter play. The game is rife with stale, retrograde gender stereotypes — elements that were perhaps expected in 1985, when the first Super Mario Bros. was released in the United States, but that today are just embarrassing.

By failing to update Super Mario for a contemporary audience, Nintendo is lagging far behind the Walt Disney Co., one of its closest American analogues. Disney’s film “Frozen” subverted and reinvigorated the fairy-tale princess movie; “The Force Awakens” gave us a female Jedi. Super Mario Run doesn’t even try.

he mentions the following other videogames in the article: Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3D World, Firewatch, Inside, That Dragon Cancer, dys4ia, and PaPo&Yo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

galenanorth posted:

I am not ashamed to say that I like listening to Nickelback. I was listening to Bon Jovi on Pandora and it was playing a Nickelback song and I was thinking "Oh, who's that playing? Oh, it's Nicelback! That's that band the Internet says I should hate. They're pretty good." I figure Zuckerberg probably doesn't even care either way and just wanted to play the "fellow kids" card by using an old joke Internet meme.

Very cool story my man.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

like the concept of the article isn't even that bad it's just that he wrote it like such a snide self-indulgent jerk-off

it's the equivalent of writing an op-ed about how appalled they are that the new Bladerunner doesn't feature a female lead like the new star wars movies did, listing off a bunch of obscure art house films as examples of what every movie SHOULD be like, and how they refuse to let their daughter see it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Carmant posted:

THe concept of the article is actually terrible.

An article that uses Super Mario as a jumping off point to compare the role of women in earlier video games with today, highlighting how certain niche games that would've been impossible to publish back then can be successful today isn't groundbreaking or anything but it'd be fine by NYT video game coverage standards.

It's really whether the author wanted to celebrate the diversity in modern video games or be ~outraged~ that everything isn't as woke as the 8 bit game about hormone therapy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

CrumFUNist! posted:

Punk was supposed to be great under Bush and the best it did was Green Day.

ironically enough punks been actually pretty good in the obama era

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh poo poo, what if we get an explosion of really good fascist art?

considering the internet's hard-on for brutalist architecture I'd say we're not too far off

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

some great username choices in here

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

got any sevens posted:

So it's blackwashing? I thought sjw's were against race-washing? Do the black people in the play still talk about the 3/5 compromise as if from the voice of slaveowner? That must be super awkward.

they don't bring up slavery at all, is the compromise. Lin-Manuel Miranda basically admitted in an interview that he couldn't figure out a way to put it in without grinding the musical to a halt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Forums Terrorist posted:

firefly sucked and it was a good thing it got canned

wrong