Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/782258531135213569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Real hurthling! posted:

i saw hamilton. first act A+, second act C- snooze fest.

best song is the one that isn't a rap sung by king george. the raps are good tho. not hundreds per ticket good but good.

play has bad roles for women though. the only women in the play are the ones hamilton fucks while he waits to get old enough to get shot. gently caress that second act is bad and long

chicago i assume?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Real hurthling! posted:

broadway. when it first opened

same and pretty much agreed without even taking into account the terrible history/politics

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/788403124444598272

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That plane's at a museum and hasn't bombed anything in 60 years anyway.

i don't think that's the point, chief

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

the point is that CNN is morons for reporting that as something being done by the military, and you're a moron for parroting a hot take about something that didn't actually happen

but then you're a literal stalinist so it isn't like you have more than a casual relationship with facts or truth anyway

let me explain the point to you, a gibbering dunce:

whether or not the plane is currently in use, it is emblematic of a trend in politics of vile institutions hitching their wagons to "good" causes in an attempt to build up their own faltering image both at home and abroad

now gently caress off with whatever the hell this posting whack-a-mole act is

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you're a loving dumbass nerd who wouldn't understand a point if it were shoved directly into your brain case via the ear canal. do us all a favor and throw your computer and/or phone out the nearest window. if it survives the drop maybe a person with average intelligence can post in your stead

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

it literally is unreal because it wasn't the Navy who painted the thing pink, it was some museum's dumb show of wokeness

it hasn't been owned by the Navy for decades

you're neil degrasse tyson but for jokes

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

y'know I'm truly glad I make you so upset

The Puppet Master

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/796359221063323648

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/gogreen18/status/796894236750688256

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Peanut President posted:

Doesn't that show take place in rural Indiana? Almost everyone I know here loves Trump.

it takes place in southern california's idea of rural indiana, yeah

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Peanut President posted:

I never watched the show, how do you mean?

everybody is Genuinely Good at Heart and the monster developers that are dismantling public infrastructure and affordable housing in the real world are portrayed as lovable nincompoops. it's a seasons-long feel-good session about how great neoliberal consensus can be if you're very very nice about it. also they spent a whole episode doing racist caricatures of venezuelans

it's funny but hard to overlook the trash politics at its center, similar to tina fey's white feminist bullshit

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

devtesla posted:

sounds like parks and rec is an #unwoke #brand

it is, in fact, woke af

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Is the author a goon? I only ask because he brought up Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew in the first sentence.

he's former lf poster goldenliontamarin

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Scionix posted:

i wonder when people are going to be grown up enough to evaluate the founding fathers without histronically vilifying them based on 2016 morals

pretty sure there were abolitionists in the 18th century idiot

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yeah! You know who's to blame for the rise in global fascism? That woman who got famous even though her body doesn't give you a boner.

the kinda funny thing of "lena dunham didn't vote in her party's primary" isn't meant to assign blame imo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

make a wish foundation is pretty great, i used it when i was younger, went to Lucas ranch and saw the vaults and then lucas arts when it was still cool and alive and got a ton of games. seriously everyone should donate to make a wish. ill dig up some pics of the trip. it was like 11 years ago.

congrats on not dying!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, they can't think of anyone more evil in real life because they either don't watch the news or are modern tankies so they say he is like a jack off skelator wizard.

what

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

maybe stop tweeting lena

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

millennials are dumb fucks who don't have reference point of "evil" beyond hitler or some snake wizard from a series of kids books because reading history is "triggering" or some poo poo.

i got that i just wasn't sure why you were lumping in "tankies" with them

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who exactly did like dunham? i mean get she was a symbol for the whole "all body types can be sexy plus inner beauty stuff" but then everyone found out she was a weird pervert who was also a giant rear end in a top hat so then most people stopped caring. so my question is do people still really like her, or is it just a hosed up version "she is progressive so i must stand with her and like her" or is it the DNC are like 5 years behind the curve and though she was still clever and popular.

according to nielsens slightly over a half million people still watch her lovely show, so, them.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yospos bitch!!!!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Top City Homo posted:

its not like cooperating with them is going to put zombie stalin in power

says you

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

that stupid-assed cold open ruined what was otherwise the best episode of snl in years

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fullhouse posted:

all i watched from it was Dave Chappelle's standup bit and that was really good but i don't think SNL can take credit for that

yeah it was good because it bucked the stuff that makes snl so bad week after week, opening excepted

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm picturing tech firing up his belt-fed swirlie machine and doing the big lols

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i decided to actually try to listen to this song and i highly recommend yall do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8qWhtbFHA

seriously listen to this, everyone. this is so important right now.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tatum Girlparts posted:

:yeah:

Also the strongest parts of it are anything not focused on lin manuel miranda. I like him, he's not bad, but the ladies who play Angelica and Eliza were way better, too bad their only songs were about how bad they want that Hamil-dong or how the Hamil-dong ruined their life.

i've seen it, it's fine. lin-manuel was easily the weakest performer and he readily admits that. i might go in on the chicago lottery since it's a really strong cast and only $10

it's still the province of the worst type of nerd though

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus gently caress have these jack offs read anything except some loving kids book about some snake wizard.

the short answer is "no." the long answer is "noooooooooooooo"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah vice has kinda gone to poo poo. alot of weird hosed up sex documentries and ivory tower bullshit. sucks because some of their international reporting/syria/iraq/middle east/ukraine stuff is really loving good.

no it isn't lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tatum Girlparts posted:

oh so that's why HE is mad at them

didn't take long for you to come crawling back here to make your lovely rear end snipes, huh

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

why did you do this

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

teen vogue owns

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/editors-join-black-lives-matter-movement-it-could-be

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i need a handgun and one bullet stat

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Stale Saltines posted:

Also reminder that they don't pay taxes on this.

“The joke about Harvard is that it’s a hedge fund with a university attached to it,”

capitalism owns

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/807658861683441669

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

MizPiz posted:

I would not put it past the Democrats to have Siri run in 2020.

the republicans will of course run tay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Commerz posted:

https://gt.foreignpolicy.com/2016/category/the-artists?48bc61e167=

this whole list

not so much the people themselves, I just like the edgy little descriptions

truth by drone is a good forums name