Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
I know not what dank snapchats and VR interactive ads the Meme War of 2020 will be fought with, but 2024 will be fought with progressive jpegs and animated gifs of a rotating skull.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Fidel Castronaut posted:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the cringiest wokeness

http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/10/20/13347640/grab-her-by-the-brain-campaign-trump-sexual-assault-consent

quote:

The five “ambassadors” of the effort — who, according to their website biographies, include actors, an “event visionary,” and a “philanthropy enthusiast” — say their hope is for “females” to:

“Be valued for their contribution to our communities...

Participate in our society without the fear of being objectified...

Feel confident, able, and willing to achieve their greatest potential...

Have access to equal opportunities as their gender counterpart...”

lol

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

is this the fastest a symbol has become commodified and completely meaningless? Like, it feels like there was A day when the thing was 'ok these pins are kinda dumb but it's a way to show you're safe for if someone needs help or someone you know needs to talk like maybe a friend who's still kinda on the DL but scared about gay issues' and it instantly just became 'LOOK AT ME I'M AN ALLY I AM VERY GOOD AND MORAL I SPENT 700 DOLLARS ON THIS PIN TO SHOW IT'

I know /pol/ was trying to claim this was a false-flag (that they are responsible for it) but I think that is a lie, its just pure idiotic Moral Consumerism in full loving force.

I think its because its such a perfect storm - its jewellery, you can accessorize with it, everyone was full on Shook from Trump, so yeah, all of the coastal cities immediately went into retail therapy mode.

--
#UnWoke Brands caught in the crossfire:

http://www.cleveland.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/11/thanks_to_donald_trump_and_hil.html

quote:

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Just in time for Black Friday shopping sprees, we bring bad news.

You cannot shop.

At least, you cannot shop at popular spots if you voted for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. (Gary Johnson fans can rejoice.) Activists on both the left and right sides of the political spectrum believe that your dollars speak louder than your ballot, and they are unified on a store you should stay out of: Macy's.

Some on the left, led by the Grab Your Wallet movement, want you to boycott Macy's because the department store sells Ivanka Trump's clothing line. The problem, they say, is that Ivanka Trump speaks publicly about supporting strong women, but she strongly supported her father, whose comments about women have been crude, lewd and offensive.

Yet Donald Trump supporters and elements of the right, claiming a sweeping victory in the presidential and congressional elections last week, have been put out with Macy's since last year. That's when Macy's stopped selling Donald Trump's line of menswear – a response to the then-candidate's derogatory remarks about Mexican immigrants. So as a candidate, Donald Trump agreed that people should not shop there.

Macy's said it valued diversity; Donald Trump and his supporters said Macy's was being politically correct to the extreme.

Okay, but Macy's is only one store. So head to Target for your holiday shopping. Or don't. The religious right still is boycotting Target for its acceptance of transgender bathroom rights.

While Target says inclusivity is one of its core beliefs, the Mississippi-based American Family Association reminded supporters last month that it believes Target has "a dangerous and controversial restroom and fitting room policy."

Fine. There's always Amazon.com. Or there isn't.

Amazon is on the Grab Your Wallet boycott list because it sells Trump merchandise.

But Trump himself tried to spur anti-Amazon sentiment during his campaign, suggesting the company might have an antitrust problem. Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post, which had tough ongoing coverage of the then-candidate's business and charity practices.

Who knew that shopping would become such a political exercise? Maybe it's time for a cool drink while considering your options. Just don't make it a Pepsi, says the family values movement.

The Family Research Council, a conservative group whose executives include Ken Blackwell, now on President-elect Trump's transition team, called for a boycott of Pepsi on Wednesday.

Pepsi's offense? It's CEO, Indri Noovi, did some serious and public complaining about Trump's Election Day victory. Citing sexist (and worse) comments Trump made during and before his presidential campaign, Noovi told a New York Times Dealbook conference, "Forget about the Pepsi brand. How dare you talk about women that way." And when asked about Trump's win over Hillary Clinton, the Democratic candidate, she said, "Is there a box of tissues here?"

Those comments were "the last straw," said a blog post from the Family Research Council's Tony Perkins, who disdained Clinton's social policies and criticizes Pepsi for support of Planned Parenthood. "Unless Noovi and company see the light, maybe it's time to take the real Pepsi challenge and start drinking something new," the blog post said.

Coke, perhaps?

Don't look for political unity there, either.

Coke's opposition to state-based mandatory product labeling of genetically modified foods has drawn derision – and a call for a boycott -- from some. But more broadly, Coca-Cola ranked high on a list of companies disliked by liberals when Fortune in June released results of a survey on companies and the public's political and cultural views.

"The big head scratcher here is why liberals hate Coca-Cola while conservatives think PepsiCo is bad for the country," Fortune said.

Fortune speculated that maybe it was because of their corporate colors. (Coke is red. Pepsi is blue.) Or the locations of their headquarters. (Coke's is in the South, Pepsi's in the Northeast.) "But for whatever reason," Fortune concluded, "the Coke-Pepsi political divide is just another sign that when it comes to politics, commerce is less immune than ever."

Laphroaig has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Nov 17, 2016

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Homework Explainer posted:

seriously listen to this, everyone. this is so important right now.

powerful. moving. super important. everyone needs to listen to this message NOW. I've made fun of Hamilton but I can now say that like a baby suffering from the scourge of the lack of object permanence, I simply couldn't see how good it was

thank u sheng,,, thank you for changing me,,,

Laphroaig has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Nov 17, 2016

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Someone make the Peckerwood thing but its Hamilton, thank you in advance.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Naerasa posted:

God bless ambien.

russian benzos

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3230894

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2283

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
there's no such thing as ethical consumption in Trump's America

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
So the onion called this by what, a week? two weeks? and then it immediately became reality?

#cuckflakes

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
I can't wait for the alt right to boycott Disney

Then we can have CuckTales

Life is like a hurricane
Here in, cuck burg,
Race wars alt-right JohnMcCain
It's a, cuck blur
Might solve benghazi, or become a Nazi!

Cuck Tales!
(Woo oo )
Every day they're out there making
Cuck Tales!
(Woo oo)

D-d-danger lurks behind you
There's an immigrant out to find you
What to do just just grab unto some
Cuck Tales!

Cuck Tales!

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Clawtopsy posted:

the they live aliens are really phoning it in nowdays

Lets Stand Against Bigotry And Racism by Supporting [BRAND NAME HERE] by [CONSUMING THEIR PRODUCTS] In Their Bold Fight For Equality And Justice

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

:smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiK5z3pbXgI

oh gently caress!!!

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

switch the 'And's for '&' and you've got a perfect 140 characters. Great job.

finally, Social Media Awareness Brand Manager, my dream job

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
https://youtu.be/Wb55teb1gJ0

This was made with official Canadian government money (CBC)

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Clawtopsy posted:

That, uh. That sure is something.

Canadian Public Broadcasting Anti-Alt Right Rap PSA Destroys Racists with this one weird trick! Donald Trump is Furious!

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Best Giraffe posted:

Ninety-Five Times Martin Luther Totally Called It In 2016

to be fair it was the first viral list content

liked' and shared' across the german lands

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Remember that safety pin box? https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/806241671776088064

Turns out that Lee Fang of the Intercept is a race traitor for saying "Maybe giving $1,200 a year to some hucksters is a bad idea".

Gotta love the cesspool that is #woke twitter.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

you're not wrong that woke twitter fuckin sucks, but since when is Neogaf a haven of far left voices

since 2016. its also not far left, its just the Tumblr set has come of age.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
so the celebrities are now making PERSONALIZED videos for the electors lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe0I46-Smu0

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Laphroaig posted:

so the celebrities are now making PERSONALIZED videos for the electors lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe0I46-Smu0

also 'Mr Ashley McMillan' is 'Ms' McMillan and whooooooa boy they've got a response

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Terror Sweat posted:

this is the true terror of atheism, adult children looking to children's stories for fulfillment

I'd legit prefer "Trump is the Satan" to the current garbage mass media regurgitation we get.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

crosspostin'

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

crazy cloud posted:

where can u get a sweet koran like that for 0$??

http://www.freekorans.com/

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

devtesla posted:

Thank you for protecting us from the star wars spoilers

the death star has a flaw in its design and any hotshot young who could bull's-eye womp rats in a T-16 could blow it up w/ 1 shot SPOILER ALERT

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's totally over the top, I just personally find the genuine feminist/woke liberal stuff less funny than the giant corporations that shamelessly try to sell themselves as socially conscious to appeal to young consumers

I am agree, I have no problem with THINX but its being at least honest in its crazy lit wokeness.

get that OUT of my face posted:

that's not a bad idea because cheaper drinks are good drinks, but the hashtags are completely unnecessary and stupid. also, this idea exists already, it's called Ladies' Night

Ladies' night is predatory and bad, but gender gap drink night is good because feminism

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

galenanorth posted:

I am not ashamed to say that I like listening to Nickelback. I was listening to Bon Jovi on Pandora and it was playing a Nickelback song and I was thinking "Oh, who's that playing? Oh, it's Nicelback! That's that band the Internet says I should hate. They're pretty good." I figure Zuckerberg probably doesn't even care either way and just wanted to play the "fellow kids" card by using an old joke Internet meme.

And this is how you remind me
this is how you remind me
of how goons really am

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/wendys-tweets-image-of-hate-meme-pepe-the-frog/

“you must surely be frightened by the tremendous rise in anti-Semitic incidents throughout the country. The same neo-Nazis who declared Wendy’s their new official hamburger have desecrated synagogues with swastikas, engaged in vicious online attacks on vulnerable populations, and harassed Jewish journalists in their homes.”

“Today, I ask you to be a leader, not a bystander,” she added. “When Wendy’s has been declared the official burger of hatred, you must take a stand to make Wendy’s the burger of human rights.”

She also used the opportunity to slam Wendy’s for mistreating the farm workers who harvest vegetables used in the chain’s products.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

The Kingfish posted:

Obama won't be able to sit on the sideline because he'll want to get in on the action himself lol

Podesta was overheard saying he had such a huge amount of sympathy for these kids and he wanted to host a big pizza party for all of them at his favorite place in DC

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

mrmcd posted:

I know you're joking, but the reality of these kinds of things is they had money budgeted for charitable donations anyway, but then someone had the bright idea to let the marketing vultures feed off of it first. So it's more along the lines of: "These starving third world children are a great opportunity to really boost awareness and social media engagement metrics for Heinz(tm) brand ketchup!"

Someone out there had this thought, more or less, and didn't immediately throw up on themselves in disgust.

Yeah pretty much. 'Brand awareness is a mimetic virus / fungal parasite that turns Marketing people into its spore producing hosts.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/01/every-single-thing-you-need-to-bring-to-the-womens-march.html

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao nike's #equality ad campaign

"Money is our god" didn't test well w/ the target demos tho

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Hillary Clinton May Not Have Won the Election, But She's Winning the Runways

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/style/hillary-clinton-may-not-have-won-the-election-but-shes-winning-the-runways/ar-AAmWUzc

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.adweek.com/creativity/april-fools-day-2017-the-best-of-the-brand-hoaxes/

quote:

April Fools’ Day falls on Saturday this year, which leaves brands caught between wanting to roll out their hoaxes on Friday, to reach the millions captive at their work computers, or waiting for the big day itself.

a hillarious april fools day prank would be to smash the established world order of soulless corporate branding

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

the Raining Blood and Enter Sandman cover are surprisingly good

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

-Chelsea Follett (@Chellivia) is the managing editor of HumanProgress.org, a project of the Cato Institute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Each year, Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Foundation partners with Olive Garden to encourage young people and their families to participate in Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day! This year, Olive Garden has a message for you!

“Olive Garden restaurants across the U.S. are excited to partner with The Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work® Foundation so parents and their kids can make the most of their day spent together. Olive Garden invites parents to participate in Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work® Day on April 27 and come to Olive Garden to celebrate a successful and fun day at work.“

https://daughtersandsonstowork.org/