Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
is it a coincidence that ipas got popular about the same time that idiot shitfucker millennials living with their parents after college became popular? No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
All beers are good

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
poor opinions itt

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

jackyl posted:

is it a coincidence that ipas got popular about the same time that idiot shitfucker millennials living with their parents after college became popular? No

:agreed:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

All beers are good

IPAs are the exception that proves the rule

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Its just another style of beer. Choose one that's not an IPA next time, if you dislike them.

And hey, have a great weekend.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
ipas have been out for a while get with the program and pop open a coriander gose grandpa

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

jackyl posted:

Agreed. Only good beer is Michelob Ultra with lime

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

what the gently caress is that

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
All beer is the same they just add some food coloring.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
lern googel loving hell

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'll prolly be strung up for this, but I really don't care for beers in general.

that said, of the beers I've had, IPA's are some of the most vile I've ever tasted.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

jackyl posted:

what the gently caress is that

i would tell you but then it wouldnt be cool so kindly suck my dick you fuckman

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

the great deceiver posted:

Don't listen to him jackyl, I thinkhe is trying to deceive you

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

the great deceiver posted:

well poo poo

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
loving milk stouts brah

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Trash is the wrong word. Poison is the right one.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

an ipa hipster idiot posted:

well I can't make good beer so let me put a shitbton of hops in it at random times and sell it to basement dwelling shitlords

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I love IPAs. But I also like Natty Ice so my tastes are probably hosed up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ipas are 2011 as gently caress. it's sour beers now.

and theyre even worse

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
ipas taste like sweaty gym socks. I love me some hefeweizen, even though I am allergic to wheat.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Wow this beer is so bitter and lovely! It's a 9000 minute IPA brewed with dirty dishwater and infused with my goddamn balls. Better post it to Instagram with a sepia filter

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

ipas are 2011 as gently caress. it's sour beers now.

and theyre even worse

Sours are so 2014 and have come and gone, hope that helps

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
EWWW IPA

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

actually ipas are both good and tasty op. its fine if you don't like them (it's okay to not like things) but that doesn't make them bad beers

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Mustard Snobbery posted:

actually ipas are both good and tasty op. its fine if you don't like them (it's okay to not like things) but that doesn't make them bad beers

It's okay to be a snob about beer and mustard tbh.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I like them, op, as well as all the other kinds. They taste interesting and are good and fun

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Xaris posted:

Sours are so 2014 and have come and gone, hope that helps

When you say sour beer do you mean sour like Sour Patch Kids or sour like some stupid beer term no one can actually taste?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

various cheeses posted:

Wow this beer is so bitter and lovely! It's a 9000 minute IPA brewed with dirty dishwater and infused with my goddamn balls. Better post it to Instagram with a sepia filter

this makes my point better than I did

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i like gay stupid pilsners regardless of origin

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
Saying IPAs is poo poo is like saying lager is poo poo. Theres some good ones and alot of bad ones.

I like the good ones.

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007
Gruits better be the next big thing or I'm gonna be pissed.
If you don't like hoppy OR malty beers, there's gruit.

That said, heffy's and saisons rule my world

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

criscodisco posted:

When you say sour beer do you mean sour like Sour Patch Kids or sour like some stupid beer term no one can actually taste?
No it's like kumbucha+cider, but beer

I live next to Rare Barrel and ive been a few times, its decent as a novelty. It's really quite strong you can actually taste a pungent sour flavor. i'd say they were sort of a thing several years ago but never really caught on (could be other places are just behind in terms of beer trends) https://www.therarebarrel.com/

Anyways most taprooms and other craftbeer places around here are still predominately IPA right now, just normal pale ales and stouts/porters are getting more common so instead of like 90% IPAs like a few years ago--it's like 50% IPAs, 20% stout/porter, 20% pale ale, and 10% other.

i guess another recent trend (tho hasn't seem to caught on here in the bay area) was "hard sodas". there were some back in early 2016 but i think people realized they usually tasted like poo poo p fast and now they're all gone.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 30, 2016

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

counterpoint: they are good

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

If you want to drink a tasty beer, start here:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/187/599/

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i got a ipa with orange peel

we cant even afford the orange in the beer in this coutry anymore, orange peels!!!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

haha rainier beer got best beer or some poo poo somewhere aint that wild

see ya

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
IPAs have like twice as many calories which = major gains if you're on an intense lifting regimen like me

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Op is an ipa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

jackyl posted:

is it a coincidence that SomethingAwful (TM) poster jackyl got popular about the same time that idiot shitfucker millennials living with their parents after college became popular? No

• Locked thread