Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

a what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PANIC ON FUNKOTRON
Jan 7, 2006

EARL IS A FAT CUNT
IPA's are mustard you mong. Get pissed off half a shandy and get a clump on the way home off a 15 year old chav you utter melt.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I disagree with your assessment, OP. Then again, I liked IPAs before they were popular :smug:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

most IPAs suck rear end, that's why you gotta go for the good ones. my favorite is Ithaca Flower Power

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I think it's good when beers try new ingredients to add interesting flavors, but then I still enjoy life and am looking forward to what it has to offer :)

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i like ciders and occasionally wheat beers

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
How many times are we going to resurrect this thread with a clearly misguided opinion?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I went to a beer festival back in May and it was 90% IPAs and sour beers and I found exactly 2 beers that I even liked, one was a sour and the other was this funnel cake beer. Everything else was just really mediocre.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

why would any company want to make good beers when they can make money hand over fist with garbage ipas and say it's an aquired taste?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

*swigs from bottle* mmm this ipa is delicious, so hoppy *bottle is actually nail polish remover*

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

session IPAs are universally garbage. it's just hop water

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I. P.iss A.lot

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Why is it called iPa anyway? Is it cause it comes from India or because it was invented by native Americans?

Either way they suck rear end and are bitter as hell

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Just lol if you actually drink beer that "tastes good" or "is enjoyable to drink" or "doesn't give you dry heaves." Maybe you should just come back when you're ready to acquire some grown up tastes.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
duh everybody with any taste knows this bud!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
god forbid you try around w other types of beer and find something you enjoy instead of just pounding your face with Duke Nukems Sriracha IPA for Capsaicin Hop JUNKIESSSSSS

(i am kiling myself atm please pay no attention)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Why is it called iPa anyway? Is it cause it comes from India or because it was invented by native Americans?

Either way they suck rear end and are bitter as hell
british sailors made their pale ales extra hoppy when going on long voyages to india or wherever so that they wouldn't go flat. so like every other abomination unleashed on the world, blame the british empire

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

most IPAs suck rear end, that's why you gotta go for the good ones. my favorite is Ithaca Flower Power

Is this a grapefruit beer? Either way its vile

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I like kölsch style ales

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Sir_Charles posted:

I like kölsch style ales

Everything but kolsch is a lovely gimmick beer.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bet all you big babbies don't drink your coffee black either.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

british sailors made their pale ales extra hoppy when going on long voyages to india or wherever so that they wouldn't go flat. so like every other abomination unleashed on the world, blame the british empire

its about going sour, not flat

the trip around africa to india was long and hot and it'd make other beers sour. hops is a natural antimicrobial so more hops + higher ABV meant that the beer was still drinkable when it got to india

afaik modern american IPAs have little to do with traditional british IPAs though, we've really run that poo poo into the ground

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Just drink PBR like a real loving american

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Analogue Kid posted:

Is this a grapefruit beer? Either way its vile
better than "more hops = better than" ipas

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't like most IPAs but if it's a really good IPA then it can be delicious.

I'm glad sours have caught on in popularity just enough to have some options for it at breweries, beer fests, and stores but not enough that it's turned into an IPA scene

I wish I could get some good English ales here in California but drinking room temperature beer in 100+ degree weather doesn't sound super appealing to people

A nice grapefruit hefe is loving delicious

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 30, 2016

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

We had basically the same thread about three weeks ago, only with a better title and OP.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

WhyteRyce posted:

A nice grapefruit hefe is loving delicious

ugh

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

WhyteRyce posted:

I wish I could get some good English ales here in California but drinking room temperature beer in 100+ degree weather doesn't sound super appealing to people

here in sac Pangaea in curtis park will sometimes have good english ales but yeah its not really my thing either

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Drinking a delicious grapefruit walleye session IPA brewed two blocks from my house. Nice light 4.5%, lovely bite, very refreshing in this heat. Helps me to forget I'm in Ohio.

Anyhow sorry you don't like thing.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I'm drinking a nice corona, after having a shitton of coors lights on the golf course. Every one of these takes more skill to brew than some neckbeards throwing hops randomly into beer and calling it good

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
I too am enraged by the existence of people that don't share my opinions.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just goes to show stupid americans don't know anything.

IPA's made traditionally are great! most made in america though are pisswater under the name of a "craft beer".

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

americans make excellent ipa, you should be proud of your craft!

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

The Pony Incident posted:

IPAs have like twice as many calories which = major gains if you're on an intense lifting regimen like me

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

if you cant drink a bud/miller/coors lite then you are a bitch

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Ive been drinking lone star alot lately, just like my hero detective rust from true detective season 1

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Goatfather posted:

its about going sour, not flat

the trip around africa to india was long and hot and it'd make other beers sour.

so basically the past 10 years of beer have been "lets drink hyper-preserved scurvy sailor beer" and then "ok, now lets try it without the preservative"

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
IPA's are trash, so are most people who drink IPAs.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I drink all kinds of beer, friends. The only style of beer I don't like is Belgians because the hops taste weird to me. This is a personal failing and I apologize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Its probably not the hops but the yeast. Belgian yeast tastes funky.

• Locked thread