Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Unchained (2009): 80% on Rotten Tomatoes
Unchained 2: Break Free (2011): 69%
Unchain3d (2014): 42%

Unchained 4Ever, currently in production, promises to be a return to form for the suffering Unchained franchise. However, it seems this movie is already being screened for critics...

"EEEEEEEEEK!"

...and they don't like it. Who you gonna call when you need a reshoot?

June 8, 12:00 PM, Ghostbusters Hollywood

It's been quiet for the past few days at Ghostbusters Hollywood, which is a relief after a busy May. You've only just started to clean up the HQ after multiple all-nighters, practically living here for the month. Honestly, this peace is what all true Ghostbusters strive for, buuuuuut that doesn't mean it's not a bit boring.

Talk about what your character is doing right now, and a particularly interesting thing that happened to them on one of last month's jobs.

However, Hollywood never sleeps, and the peace is shattered by the ringing of the company phone, which is quickly picked up by Jean, the trusty company secretary and putter-upper-wither-you-guys'-crapper.

"Ghostbusters Hollywood, where we're prepared to believe you. Sir....Sir, you're going to have to calm down. Alright, you've got a haunting? Mmhm. Brittania Pictures, Lot C? We'll send our people out there immediately. I hope you guys heard that. Next job's at the Brittania Studio. You've already got clearance to enter, so hop to it!"

What do you think of old Jean? Are you a fan of Brittania Pictures? How are you going to prepare for this new job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Danielle Rose

Danielle was, at the moment, updating their Facebook page. Hollywood Ghostbusters – Who you call when Hollywood becomes Hollyweird. Right now, she was preparing a write-up of one of the most recent cases, which she could only get to now that the backlog had cleared up.

"Hey fellow Ghostbusters fans!" she typed, and muttered at the same time. "It's time I brought you the Case of the Three Chaos Gods!"

It had been a rather hectic case - for some reason, three gods of entirely different mythologies wound up playing their deadly pranks at the same animation studio; the Ghostbusters had been called in to stop them before they actually killed someone.

"But as it turned out," she continued, "your standard-issue god is apparently too strong for a standard ghost trap, so we had to get creative."

Creative, in this case, meant filling a water tower with positively-charged mood slime, and then tricking them into being bound to it.

"And now, we're keeping the slime positively charged, so that even if they do escape, they'll wind up making mischief instead of murder. Case closed!" She hit the Post button, then scrolled down over the rest of the page.

"Ugh, I can't believe it." she sighed. "There's 300 people looking at our page, yet the Case of the Furious Wendigo got only 20 likes since last Monday? Getting positive attention from this crowd is like getting blood out of good velvet."

Then Jean got the phone call. "A job already?" she asked once Jean hung up. "You're a life saver. Wintergreen."

She then turned toward the weapon racks, and picked up the big slime blower she'd wielded to help fill the tower, and as an afterthought grabbed a proton pistol as well. "Ugh, Britannica Studios... I just hope my ex-boyfriend doesn't work there still."

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick Keats

"No. N-no, not... Yes, I understand, but... Look, what's a few bosons between friends anyway? Remember the time I helped you out with that tachyon buildup? Yes, it was unfortunate what happened to the cat, but for better or worse, she's doing much better! So what if she speaks Swahili every now and then? Do you speak it? C'mon, meow and n'gabe are close enough to the same thing. Look, can you get me the extremely volatile exotic matter or not? Fine... Fine... Mm-hmm. Ok, but don't send it DHL anymore, ok? The courier nearly created a black hole the size of Wisconsin last time. Ok. Yep! Sure! Drinks are on me next time!"

Supply chains dealing with individual particles that cost upwards of billions of dollars make for a weird web of stories, favors, and a constantly-circulating IOU that only major governments could cash. Still, such were the quandaries of being the boss. Fervently moving from checklist to checklist, he huffs, exasperated. "Alternating current! How many times do I have to tell them that I need A/C converters, not D/C. Particle beams only go one way!"

Torn between boredom and business, the lack of apparitions have been weighing on Rick, though the weird slime-oozing cinder block they picked up on their last job was always amusing to show potential clients and visitors. Perking up as Jean announces a new call, Rick quickly forgets about everything and dashes to his locker, eager to get suited up. "Ooh! Did they describe what's going on? Where on the spectrum is it? Did they mention what they were filming?" Jean was pretty great about getting what they needed. She did seem a little "over it" as it were, but hey, if the job has become easy, then you've become proficient!

Hustling his trusty old proton pack into the back of the wagon, he rustles around for his laminated printout of Tobin's Spirit Guide. While it was easy enough to get a PDF on his computer, ghosts and unshielded electronics rarely mix well - hence the need for the reliable analog version.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Randall

At the moment, Randall's sneaking a smoke in the bathroom. Terrible habit, to be sure, but one he hasn't quite kicked since he got discharged. Jean's been chewing him out every time she catches a whiff of smoke on him, but she's not quite as good as Sergeant Caruthers was in Basic. Still, while the Sarge always made you feel like crap, he always implied that that's exactly what he expected of you. Jean on the other hand seemed to tell you that she was disappointed. Obviously that hurts so much more, but what can you do? The patch didn't work, and the gum tastes like crap, so you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dousing himself liberally in vanilla-scented air freshener, Randall comes out and takes a seat at his desk. There's a pile of circuits and whatnot all around waiting to be pieced together. He's not a big brain like some of the others, but he can read a blueprint or a diagram. That makes him the man with the gun. The soldering gun, anyway. When he hears the hubbub he looks up and
lifts his safety glasses.

"Huh? I miss a call or something?"

pre:
Name: Randall Garrison
Brains: 3
   Brains Talent: Electronics
Muscles: 3
   Muscles Talent: Cardio
Moves: 4
   Moves Talent: Move! Move! Move!
Cool: 2
   Cool Talent: Browbeat

Goal: Fortune

Brownie Points: 20

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Welp :/

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
We still on? I was looking forward to this one!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I'll move things forward tomorrow. Was waiting for Scarybagels.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

June 8, 1:00 PM, Britannia Studio Backlot

You make your way through the good old-fashioned LA traffic to see the Britannia Studios in chaos, with people screaming and running trying to get out of a place with ghosts. As per Ghostbuster protocol, you run in the opposite direction of everyone else to find yourself at Sound Stage 5, which has suffered a significant amount of damage. Rushing inside, you see three small apparitions floating around a green screen set and tossing various props and equipment all about. One of the crew members rushes up to you and addresses you.

"H-Hey! Are you the Ghostbusters?! Thank God you're here! Th-These THINGS just appeared and started wrecking up the place! You gotta help us!"

Well, looks like a simple poltergeist job, eh guys? Better get to busting!

You're going up against 3 minor poltergeists! For the sake of dice rolling in Orokos, the final dice listed acts as the Ghost Dice.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick Keats

Shrugging on his old proton pack, Rick cracks his neck a bit before charging up. "Ok, kids - how many traps did we bring along? We might have to take these little guys on one by one!"

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Jack O'Hara

Jack pulls up behind them in his old volkswagon bus, jumping out with his Proton Pack, Video Camera and a Ghost Trap "I got a ghost trap, I hope you all brought one" he says turning on his proton pack "Oh by the way, sorry for not showing up, I over slept"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Randall

"...Where? Your hippie commune after selling dreamcatchers by the freeway?"

The pothead express seems to scream "probable cause", but hey, to each their own. Maybe Randall's just coming from a background of semi-strict upbringing and imposed discipline in the service, but Jack always kind of rubbed him the wrong way. Too smart for his own good, maybe. Still, the guy was smart, choice of vehicle nonewithstanding. Probably get him arrested for whatever the previous owners had hidden in the panels or under the seats someday.

"I got a trap, so that makes two."

Going full tacticlol with Pack, trap, and goggles.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick Keats

"Last one in is the trap wrangler! We're going to have to nab 'em one-by-one, so let's team up and take 'em down!"

Roast 'em! 6,1,2, with the ghost die at 2

If you've got a better way to handle the dice, let me know! Dice pools are weird PBP. The above roll was 3 for Moves, +1 for the pack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rick hits one of the ghouls dead-on, causing it to shudder a bit and all three spirits to focus their attention on you. The one Rick just hit goes for a retaliation with a boom mic, tossing it at him...

1d6: 1

...and missing him by a country mile.

Meanwhile, the other two go after Jack and Randall!

1d6: 4

1d6: 6 That's a ghost!

Neither of the ghosts actually hit you, but the director's chair thrown at Randall is enough to knock the trap out of his hand and across the room!

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick Keats

Bouncing on his toes, he tries to stay alert as the furniture flies! Trying to keep his proton stream concentrated, he pours on the particles!

"C'mon! This one's getting weak! No time to start dropping things, we've got a job to do!"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Randall

"Gah, you bastard!"

The trap flies though there air and lands with a clatter that makes Randall wonder if he'll have to help put it back together again. It'll have to be later, though. His hand's a little numb from the impact. No time to grab the trap when you're under fire, though. Better to return fire and screw with the enemy's chances of hitting you again. The neutrino wand is heavily modified from the usual fire-from-the-hip standard used by the others. A pair of grips for each hand and a makeshift stock in loving memory of the M4 Randall was used to in the service. He lines up his shot at the apparently weakening poltergeist and engages the proton stream. The beam is steady and he carefully makes his way over cables and fallen production equipment as he circles around to the where the trap landed.

Moves: Fire Proton Pack: 4d6 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Jack O'Hara
"Woah hey there, you need to calm down!" He yells at the ghost before calling out to Randall "And I am not a hippie, it just so happens that the Volkswagon Bus is a perfect size for having my mobile computer system running in"

He takes out his proton pack, bracing himself and firing with the proton gun at one of the ghost.

6d6: 23

• Locked thread