Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
I only smoked a few times in my life and usually got a bad asthma attack. This was always when drunk and stupid and always around a friend who smokes who'd happened to light up a fag. Cigars were fine though, I liked how they made me less stressed on the rare occasion that I had one.

Anyway, I get badly stressed out in generally and don't cope with it well and always wished I could smoke but well, asthma and lung cancer and all that crap. A few months ago I had a particularly stressful week and bought an e cig to help me cope and well, I've been using those since. Oddly enough I've not once had to use my inhaler or even remotely had any semblance of an asthma attack, so that's a supreme plus there. I also feel compelled to snack less which is pretty awesome.

But yea, if you're going to smoke and your hellbent on it, go with e cigs. Even though there's not enough evidence to go with long term effects, there is substantial evidence that it's far better than smoking actual cigarettes. After trying a few brands, I now use the v2 brand and quite like it. They have lots of different colours, flavours, and strengths and whatnot and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than cigarettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
yeah vape and you to can be an asthmatic dweeb

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah but everyone will think you're cool because you have a light up cigarette and you can blow the vapor in baby's faces.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh look at me I'm in the Fifth Element.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

not reading this thread but i took up smoking too and it's great

no downsides

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i havent smoked a cig in little over a year, it just stopped being enjoyable i guess - i do vape weed everyday tho

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Genuine camel taste? How is that a good thing? I bet camels taste terrible.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
does most american cigarette tobacco still come from turkey? or is that just a sales expression

if so, are you the reason why erdogan remains

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
OP it doesn't matter what you smoke just start smoking PRONTO! smoking will make you look unbelievably cool but the important thing is to start smoking literally right now and never stop for more than a few minutes at a time. also dip while smoking if it's possible: that will double the coolness factor

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
Pipes don't require that much maintenance tbh. Just clean it out every once in a while, really. They're also a real nice, cheap way to smoke - usually you can get a "starter pipe" for just a couple bucks, a little tobacco goes a long way, then if you wanna move up to something nicer a middle of the road pipe is like $25-40.

It's a bit neckbeardy but if you're not an insecure babby it's great. Very relaxing to smoke out on the porch or patio, and nice and smooth. More of a "sitting around" smoke than something you'd just pull out on the street like a ciggy

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

DoctorG0nzo posted:

More of a "sitting around" smoke than something you'd just pull out on the street like a ciggy

I like being able to pull a cig out on the street so I can flick my hot butts at the homeless and laugh.

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014

criscodisco posted:

I like being able to pull a cig out on the street so I can flick my hot butts at the homeless and laugh.

Careful that you don't leave em anything to smoke on it they'll suck that poo poo down

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Skip tobacco & go straight to meth you pussy.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

DoctorG0nzo posted:

Careful that you don't leave em anything to smoke on it they'll suck that poo poo down

That's why I never use those sand ashtrays outside businesses, because they go through those sometimes too.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'd suggest ecigs, they seem like a great way to get addicted to nicotine without the hassle of traditional smoking.

I say take care of the chemical dependency first, then move to cigarettes.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

yoloer420 posted:

hassle of traditional smoking.

I have to get in my goddamn loving car and drive around to smoke b/c i work for a corporate buttfuck company but it's not a hassle because this hot rear end bitch who works on my floor also smokes and when i go to sleep i think about her and i smoking together and also her boobs.

that's a benefit imho

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Snus!

As usual, goons managed to be pretentious and snooty over snus which is like the most common tobacco product in sweden. Dont listen to goons, order a kaliber vit and enjoy your snus.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Snus!

As usual, goons managed to be pretentious and snooty over snus which is like the most common tobacco product in sweden. Dont listen to goons, order a kaliber vit and enjoy your snus.

i posted the general vit goonfridaynight.jpg on the first page, did people not like my stuffs? i missed that, but snus is big time good. just don't ever buy it unless you're already addicted to nicotine. being the safest nicotine product on earth is still probably not as good of a hobby as fishing for your health

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

i posted the general vit goonfridaynight.jpg on the first page, did people not like my stuffs? i missed that, but snus is big time good. just don't ever buy it unless you're already addicted to nicotine. being the safest nicotine product on earth is still probably not as good of a hobby as fishing for your health

Ah no I didnt read the thread before forcing my opinions upon it.

DiCe69
Dec 21, 2014
smoke meth then beat your dick furiously for an hour or two

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Ah no I didnt read the thread before forcing my opinions upon it.

What the gently caress is kaliber vit though? You said vit instead of white so I'm guessing you're in America too, yet you picked a brand I haven't heard of here and I'm pretty sure can't be as popular or recommended in Scandinavia as General/Ettan/Skruf etc, so you've got me curious

gently caress I'm tired reverse the above nations

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

if you smoke you can flick your cigarette butt at someone's face to really cement the fact that you don't give a gently caress

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
what a great idea, pick the drug with high cost, no fun, enormous addictiveness, and lovely health consequences

or maybe you should consume weed, some days, or most days

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Zorodius posted:

what a great idea, pick the drug with high cost, no fun, enormous addictiveness, and lovely health consequences

or maybe you should consume weed, some days, or most days

cigarettes are awful but in all fairness if you smoked weed the way people smoke cigarettes, impulsively every hour, it would be almost all of those same list of lovely things

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

What the gently caress is kaliber vit though? You said vit instead of white so I'm guessing you're in America too, yet you picked a brand I haven't heard of here and I'm pretty sure can't be as popular or recommended in Scandinavia as General/Ettan/Skruf etc, so you've got me curious

gently caress I'm tired reverse the above nations

Oh its one of the cheaper and weaker snuses on the market. I love it because Im a huge pussy who cant survive normal snus

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Oh its one of the cheaper and weaker snuses on the market. I love it because Im a huge pussy who cant survive normal snus

ah good idea, in terms of taste what's it like? i've had granit which was a decent general knock off, but here in america general is now the only 'real' snus but it's almost everywhere, no longer 1 usd per can (including tax) but varies from 6.99 to very often still only $3.99

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

ah good idea, in terms of taste what's it like? i've had granit which was a decent general knock off, but here in america general is now the only 'real' snus but it's almost everywhere, no longer 1 usd per can (including tax) but varies from 6.99 to very often still only $3.99

Ah general is great. Kaliber white is basically a less stingy version of general, it tastes like normal i think, just not as strong. Its generally considered to be a beginner-level snus.

Hm Ive never thought about snus as something exotic. In sweden its like an element of the universe, completely normal and most smokers go over to it in their late 20s (including women, its pretty hot and badass honestly), if they dont stop with tobacco for good.

Im gonna go do a taste-a-thon of different snus and then report back someday!

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
I knew a kid in college that actually "wanted to take up smoking".

He also "had a girlfriend back home in Minnesota" who "happened to find out that he claimed she was his girlfriend" and "thought he was a weird loving creep".

He also claimed southern AND northern heritage so you literally could not make fun of anything in his presence.

He also went to a summer camp called "You did it? I did it better." for everything.

Everything.

He also "shat the bed" after a frat rush.

He also begged his parents for money to replace the mattress.

As far as I know he's working a boring-rear end drone job and he wears a tie.

So overall, he's kicking my rear end at life.

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
smoking while drinking is amazing so keep it at that and its okay

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
when i quit 4 years ago a pack was near $25 amd its set to bear near 50 next year go aus

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

NVJ posted:

when i quit 4 years ago a pack was near $25 amd its set to bear near 50 next year go aus

:eyepop::fag: Holy Smokes! :australia:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

NVJ posted:

how much is that in regular person money ?

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
like i know at this point im drunk you jaws mother fucky

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Bernard Black once said everything there is to say about smoking and boozing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5a5vBzwLkM

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

NVJ posted:

like i know at this point im drunk you jaws mother fucky

harsh, but fair

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

The General posted:

Don't start smoking OP. It's a bad idea. Get a vape if you must inhale something.

That said I've heard good things about American spirits. Give those a try, dunno why they don't export to Canada under Canadian spirits but whatever.

Also if you can, export plain, or anything plain because filters are a loving joke.

Vaping is the dumbest thing and theres no way to do it without looking like a massive tool. enjoy your popcorn lung

american spirits are hella nice. i've always wanted to try them and finally got some from germany, because the company doesnt care about our lovely and heavily taxed country.
if you gonna smoke, i'd say go for the chemical free ones (AS, lucky strike). they're probably not a whole lot better, but every little bit helps when you're inhaling smoke

i smoked in the past but quit for a long time. earlier this year i got into cigars, which are the supreme way to smoke, but the average cigar takes like 30-60 mins.
that's why there's cigarillos and cigarettes.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Everything is fine in small doses and if you use it responsibly. IMO you should try it, OP.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Serious post: If I could go back and tell my younger self one thing it would be to never ever even try a cigarette because I am now in my mid 30s and slowly suffocating to death from emphysema.

Don't start smoking, dumbarses.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Newports are cheap and make you look cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

thathonkey posted:

how much is that in regular person money ?

About $38 USD.

• Locked thread