Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tricky D posted:

Forget about the motivations of the Columbine shooters for a sec.
Lookin' fine while I shoot up the 'Bine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
You gotta burn the duster.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

It's so much of a trope, even the internet has embraced it.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trench_coats_in_popular_culture

It seems the outliers, the goons, the nerds, the outcasts are you heroes.

As long as they don't trip on them, that is. Then, who gives a gently caress?

lmao that dennis and mac thought they could pull off a duster

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Could you imagine wearing like one of the first actual trench coats, like in a trench surrounded by the mud and decay and disease and shelling and snipers ...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Could you imagine wearing like one of the first actual trench coats, like in a trench surrounded by the mud and decay and disease and shelling and snipers ...

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Like even sleeping would be a terror, what with the constant threat of dudes coming in and killing you with grenades or slitting your throat

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

yeah imagine having to deal with all that along with other soldier teasing you for looking like a dweeb

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm glad VendaGoat is probied because it means 24 hours free of him spamming GBS with threads in a desperate bid for popularity on the internet

Deep Thought
Mar 7, 2005
A few months ago I saw a couple dudes walking by in leather trench coats, then days later I saw a lonesome looking guy with one at a bus stop. Years before that I spoke to a guy wearing one who said he got it cheap from a charity shop. It's like it's own subculture for people too poor, naive or uninterested in fashion to get the obligatory red trainers and tight jeans or sweatpants; which is a shame because these guys might get a chance with cool girls if they gave them the impression of having hot feet with some red hot trainers.

My theory is that once you join the club of leather trench coat wearers and get noticed; maybe pass a litmus test, then you're set to become part of a tight social network, sort of like the freemasons, but more of a calling and self-selective.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

"Ere look at this nonce, top greatcoat m8 lol"
"Actually friend it's a dust- *head blown to pieces by fashion-savvy German sniper*"

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Every dorky American boy must go through a phase where he tries to pull off a duster or a trenchcoat. If he succeeds and realizes it will never loving work, he has become a man.

what about those of us who knew it was gay as hell from the start? we are the indigo dorks

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The Burburry trench looks good but you have to be a twig to pull it off.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

you know who you'd never see wearing one of these gay rear end coats? Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

• Locked thread