Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

SurfaceDetail posted:

I have 3 patents

Only three? Well that's adorable!

Bless your heart for trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SurfaceDetail posted:

Actually I took a 4 hour intelligence assessment from a developmental psychologist when I was ten. I got mostly A's throughout school. I graduated with honors with a double major in 2.5 years. I have 3 patents and will have a phd in a year or two. I'm 23.

Yeah well I'm literally Doogie Howser IRL

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I just smoke a tonne of weed until I am as dumb as them

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
OP :cripes: we did this already.

"Try to be the funniest person in the room," didn't work for you, clearly.

Maybe you should play mind games with others, make yourself feel superior as the de facto winner of everything. You're young you've got friendships to burn.

Maybe you should learn to relax.

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

I normally get super into Rubix cubes or yo-yos

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

Oh and trains

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
You need to learn some humility OP. You claim you are humble but you clearly aren't. There's nothing special about getting a PhD. There are plenty of idiots with them (proof: I have one) and they don't mean poo poo unless you do something significant with it. And anyone can get a patent on the dumbest poo poo as long as they have the money.

You might be smarter than average, but once you actually enter the academic world you'll either realize that you actually don't know much at all, or you'll remain thinking they are all idiots compared to you and try and figure everything out on your own and crash and burn. Nobody likes the arrogant young guy in academia unless they have serious qualifications to back it up. How many peer-reviewed papers have you published?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
lets not sit around and let this turboturd slide out from making up some poo poo about getting fresh in the octagon then dipping out for a machiatto here

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
did you ever watch malcolm in the middle, OP? remember how no one liked Malcolm because he was an rear end in a top hat? yeah

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

didn't you have a girlfriend last time you posted this thread? What happened? I've seen you in the online dating thread lately.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah, I am pretty smart and successful and.. and...

SurfaceDetail posted:

I'm a pretty successful guy overall with a high paying job, nice gaming rig, and good friends/family

SurfaceDetail posted:

high paying job, nice gaming rig, and good friends/family

SurfaceDetail posted:

nice gaming rig, and good friends/family

SurfaceDetail posted:

nice gaming rig

SurfaceDetail posted:

nice gaming rig

gently caress. I own a PS4 and a WiiU. I... I really don't know anything about success or being smart.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

the smartest person in the whole wide... room

you could be a part-time genius

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
The secret to being a successful genius is not having your contemporaries find out, and manipulating them to perform great deeds by your own influence while you get to slack off and enjoy being smarter and not having to lift a finger or care about the stupidity of others when you can use it to your own benefit.

Nihilism and Sociopathy are tools to be used, not squandered on narcissism and megalomania.

Suck my dick you fuckman op.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
People have told the OP he needs to be humble, but not how to go about it.

Recognize that everyone has limitations, including you. You probably have blind spots where you don't know what your limitations are. You need to actively seek them out. Think about your own limitations, not other people's.

Find a hobby - something that you will not be good at. Something where you will need to have someone else help you - learning some physical skill, say, such as playing a musical instrument, martial arts, riding a motorcycle. Watch how they go about that, being helpful without making you feel like an idiot. That is an important skill. Learn that.

You are young. You have smarts, but not wisdom.

There's nothing wrong with being smart. Just don't be a dick about it.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Find a smarter room, op.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wank posted:

gently caress. I own a PS4 and a WiiU. I... I really don't know anything about success or being smart.

lol, at least you are self aware as to the fact that CLEARLY intelligence and fortune smiles upon the PC master race

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I was in G&T classes from grades 3-6, and I like to think I was the smartest person in those rooms because I saw how incredibly boring it was to be there and try to interact with those super nerds while doing math for fun

Left-handed lute
Feb 22, 2015
Fortunately(?) this is very rare (living in a town with >30% student population). If they don't understand my concepts, I assume I'm just not expressing myself clearly enough.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Varg posted:

I was in G&T classes from grades 3-6, and I like to think I was the smartest person in those rooms because I saw how incredibly boring it was to be there and try to interact with those super nerds while doing math for fun

What's g&t classes? Gay and 'tarded?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Hey guys I'm the smartest dude on this forums ask me about my gaming rig (computer)

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
You know else is pretty smart? Nooner. Wise beyond his 12 years.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Stephen Hawking said that people who brag about their IQs are losers. Maybe "normal" people find you just as insufferable. Try not being a shitlord.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I clap really loudly and snap my fingers in people's faces to get everyone's attention before I inform them, calmly of course, that I'm leaving -temporarily- to use to the bathroom and so for the meantime I have to delegate cerebral control of the room to the next-smartest person.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

vandalism posted:

Stephen Hawking said that people who brag about their IQs are losers. Maybe "normal" people find you just as insufferable. Try not being a shitlord.

I don't think we need to hear that from Hawking, I'm pretty sure that has been common knowledge since forever. The only people who brag about their IQ are students who haven't entered the real world yet or people who have and failed and want to cling to something.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Beethoven would walk out of a performance if he noticed people weren't paying complete attention. I take the same philosophy with regards to my coding.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SurfaceDetail posted:

Hey all

So I have a pretty high IQ. Not super genius levels but statistically on any given day theres very little chance I'll run in to someone smarter than me.
Now you may think "Wow nice brag Surface about a good thing" Well turns out its not so great.

I'm a pretty successful guy overall with a high paying job, nice gaming rig, and good friends/family

But how do you deal with being surrounded by people stupider than you? Like you 'get' something and it takes all the people around you forever to figure it out.

How do you all connect with someone on a deep level that's just plain stupider than you? It narrows the dating pool a lot but luckily over the years I've met some smart girls.

How do fellow smarties get by?

I have a really hot GF. Like crazy hot. She's been in magazines you've purchased to beat off, that's how hot she is. Except I don't have to buy the magazine because she's really in my bed.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Hey guys I'm the smartest dude on this forums ask me about my gaming rig (computer)

hey there, rig. i'm the cutest guy on this forums.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why did Bush knock down the towers?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Harald posted:

Why did Bush knock down the towers?

Two decades of war to fatten the pockets of Boeing and Lockheed executives in exchange for camping contributions

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Two decades of war to fatten the pockets of Boeing and Lockheed executives in exchange for camping contributions

i like camping as much as the next guy but that seems a bit extreme

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
How many times are you going to re-post this thread?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Murphy Brownback posted:

i like camping as much as the next guy but that seems a bit extreme

Step inside an REI and tell me anyone can afford that poo poo

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I'm real fuckin' dumb, OP. LET ME BAG YOUR GROCERIES. PLEASE.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't even have this problem when I'm alone

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ChrisHansen posted:

I don't even have this problem when I'm alone

It coud also mean you're the dumbest person in the room

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i used to work with some girl that watched too many of those pseudoscience quantum woo youtube videos (like What The Bleep DO We KNow) that are completely dogshit retarded but use science words. she thought she was hot fuckin poo poo and would talk down to everyone for being a retard 'cause of it.

one time i was lookin at a planet in the night trying to figure out if what i was lookin at was saturn or jupiter and got told 'hah you cant see planets from earth, idiot'

(it was saturn)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

nigga crab pollock posted:

i used to work with some girl that watched too many of those pseudoscience quantum woo youtube videos (like What The Bleep DO We KNow) that are completely dogshit retarded but use science words. she thought she was hot fuckin poo poo and would talk down to everyone for being a retard 'cause of it.

one time i was lookin at a planet in the night trying to figure out if what i was lookin at was saturn or jupiter and got told 'hah you cant see planets from earth, idiot'

(it was saturn)

My sister is like this (and even got me the dvd of that show for christmas one year) and drives me nuts, and she's a licensed veteranarian. It just goes to show once again that having Dr. in front of your name doesn't necessarily mean you're intelligent/competent.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I wish our customers would recognize my intelligence and leave me the tips I deserve! Sorry OP let me know if you find a way to deal with it.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

dethkon posted:

What's g&t classes? Gay and 'tarded?

gifted and talented, but I was really neither I just got better grades than most of the other dumb kids for a while and got asked to do the classes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

SurfaceDetail posted:

Hey all

So I have a pretty high IQ. Not super genius levels but statistically on any given day theres very little chance I'll run in to someone smarter than me.
Now you may think "Wow nice brag Surface about a good thing" Well turns out its not so great.

But how do you deal with being surrounded by people stupider than you? Like you 'get' something and it takes all the people around you forever to figure it out.

How do you all connect with someone on a deep level that's just plain stupider than you? It narrows the dating pool a lot but luckily over the years I've met some smart girls.

How do fellow smarties get by?

You cannot tell something is "off" if you are around it constantly. In other words an exceptionally bright person would not think everyone around them was "dumb" unless they had constantly been surrounded by smart people and then moved.

I suspect this means you are in fact a "Boring person that thinks they are smart" and just assumes everyone is dumber than them because they mistake "People not wanting to talk with your annoying rear end" with being dumb.

• Locked thread