Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Short barreled pistols are the bee's knees for OWB concealed carry. And you can drop a regular fullsize or longslide upper on that frame though I dunno how easy 75 uppers are to come by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Unskilled Labour posted:

I took out a $5000 bank loan to buy a Beretta 682 Gold E O/U shotgun. The bank asked what loan was for, I said it was for sporting equipment, which seemed to be good enough for the bank.

Tenement Funster's ghost ghost shall haunt your collection

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

This needs to be the title of the Shotgun Megathread.
seconding

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I have a nine pound recoil spring sitting here for my 96D. Going to track down some Trail Boss to stuff under a 155 grain LSWC. Because slabsided wheelgun.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

stgdz posted:

cz 75 semi compact for about $325

I wanted an sp_01 but no one could find one at a distributor do 'ike a retard instead of waiting i got the stpid short barrel large frame pistol. Should have taken my gunsmiths advice and just gotten a plain glock 17.

now i just buy nothing but 1911's and ars. At least i got a cheap sp1 clone eith ace bustock for 525 before obamara.

On the flip side of this, my 75 semicompact is one of my favorite shooters. I know its dumb, and a fullsize would be better in literally every regard, but its not like its unreliable or bad. Sentimentality is definitely clouding my judgement, but i'm definitely considering sending it in to cajun gun works to get the trigger worked on.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

OH MAN, I GOTTA GET ME SOME PENS

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH

bulletsponge13 posted:

Stoeger Coach Gun- had to send it back because it started to fire both barrels at once. I discovered this when it was loaded with slugs.

Lol I fired 00 buckshot from both barrels and it fell apart (hand guard came off). Ever since then, the hand guard comes off every time it's fired and the other two pieces come apart if you're not holding it real tight.

Still not my worst gun though, worst was definitely MPA Defender in 5.7mm. Brand new gun, would not last more than 50 rounds between critical failures (broken firing pin, busted springs, just to name a couple, also needed hammer replacement before 120 rounds). MPA customer service and warranty were top notch, but not enough to convince me to keep this awful thing.

I also have a G19 gen4 Lasermax guide rod in a plastic baggie somewhere.

new friend from school fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 2, 2016

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

I got a non +P rated S&W model 38, the humpback/nub hammer full of crotch cheese. It took a day with some 800/1000/1500 grit to get the rust out of the inside.

I regret nothing.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

thermobollocks posted:

I got a non +P rated S&W model 38, the humpback/nub hammer full of crotch cheese. It took a day with some 800/1000/1500 grit to get the rust out of the inside.

I regret nothing.

Sounds like you did everything right, doesn't belong in this thread.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

z06ck posted:

Sounds like you did everything right, doesn't belong in this thread.

That depends entirely upon how much he paid.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

That depends entirely upon how much he paid.

Fair enough I guess

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

I want to file this under brave

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thanks to a pawn shop auction I had a pair of Jennings 9mm in nickel and black for the low cost of a piece.
No this was before Devil May Cry came out.
Yes I did always dual-wield them.

After they fell apart because Jennings, I ran the frames and slides through the power hammer at school and dumped the remains in the scrap metal bin.

From that same auction I have a S&W 916 which finally broke on me a couple years ago back, if I can ever get the drat thing apart I'll probably gently caress around with building a trigger group from scratch and out of actual steel, or maybe just make a musket out of the barrel or something else really stupid.

Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Also reminds me that the whole "lol .223 poodle shooter" thing has really dropped off. Back in the late 90s I recall a lot of the survivalist/militia/Y2K folks heavily advocating FAL and G3 as "real rifles", and these days those are pretty drat niche compared o ARs.

But .223 is a wimpy poodle-shooter round and real rifles aren't chambered in it.

On that note, I bought a Mini-14 so I could have an intermediate-caliber version of my M1A:

But then I scoped the M1A and discovered that adding optics and cheek riser turns a slim and easy-to-handle rifle into a big awkward hog. So I got rid of it and got into FALs instead. Still have the Mini, but don't shoot it very much anymore because the AR is more fun.

I eats my spinach
Jan 16, 2005

'sup gordon

Crunkjuice posted:

On the flip side of this, my 75 semicompact is one of my favorite shooters. I know its dumb, and a fullsize would be better in literally every regard, but its not like its unreliable or bad. Sentimentality is definitely clouding my judgement, but i'm definitely considering sending it in to cajun gun works to get the trigger worked on.

I've got one of those too, received it as a wedding present. It's not just sentimentality that makes me like it either since it shoots just as well as the SP-01 I got later, so no regrets here

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

I've got a Canik CZ compact clone I spent almost a grand on that's been all tricked out and cerakoted and while it's great I don't carry it so I probably should have went with something fullsize because all I use it for is competitions.

It is a pretty gun though.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

- Butch's detailed story about the J22 that was still shot after the barrel was split? I may have been there, and was the instigator of that stupidity.

- My first gun was a Mosin. Everybody had Mosins back then, but this was mine dammit. The stupid comes in where I actually stripped/oiled the bitch, and then tried to mount a scout optic on it. Thankfully the scout sight thingy turned out to be crap, but I lost the pin to the original sight. So I cut a nail to fit, and it held it in just fine. Probably still holding it in just fine for whoever has it now. (Sold that gun because yay I found an Finn mosin.)

- At one time, I owned a bushmaster m17S bullpup that actively tried to set lefty shooters on fire. I may be buying a new production one at some point, because I'm me.

- My first carry gun was a CZ-82. In 9x18.

- I, being of course completely sane and rational, carried a 100-year old Colt 1903 pocket hammerless in .32acp for a number of years. The only reason I stopped? I shot my shield better.

- Another thing in my arsenal of guns I carried(tm) is a mini 1911 in .380 manufactured by Llama. Still lighter-shooting than an equivalent-ish Glock 43, or that sig 1911 thing in .380. It even has itsy bitsy little "target sights" and a vent rib.

- I still drool over Star Firestars. Pity that they feel like utter crap.

- I bought one of the first run of the Ruger SP-101s in .327 fed mag. The ones they recalled and no trace of which remains on the internet. I then sold it and bought the new production run, which apparently doesn't have that issue though.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

OWLS! posted:

- Another thing in my arsenal of guns I carried(tm) is a mini 1911 in .380 manufactured by Llama. Still lighter-shooting than an equivalent-ish Glock 43, or that sig 1911 thing in .380. It even has itsy bitsy little "target sights" and a vent rib.

A buddy of mine has an old Llama .380. I'd be delirious with glee if he turned it into the tiniest race 1911 with a little gas pedal, flared magwell, and maybe some other goofy poo poo.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Shithead Deluxe posted:

A buddy of mine has an old Llama .380. I'd be delirious with glee if he turned it into the tiniest race 1911 with a little gas pedal, flared magwell, and maybe some other goofy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, yes, this must be done. Bonus points for using one of the models with the corny looking vented rib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

Shithead Deluxe posted:

Any excuse to post this Dynamic pie concepts video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c

• Locked thread