- Butch's detailed story about the J22 that was still shot after the barrel was split? I may have been there, and was the instigator of that stupidity.
- My first gun was a Mosin. Everybody had Mosins back then, but this was mine dammit. The stupid comes in where I actually stripped/oiled the bitch, and then tried to mount a scout optic on it. Thankfully the scout sight thingy turned out to be crap, but I lost the pin to the original sight. So I cut a nail to fit, and it held it in just fine. Probably still holding it in just fine for whoever has it now. (Sold that gun because yay I found an Finn mosin.)
- At one time, I owned a bushmaster m17S bullpup that actively tried to set lefty shooters on fire. I may be buying a new production one at some point, because I'm me.
- My first carry gun was a CZ-82. In 9x18.
- I, being of course completely sane and rational, carried a 100-year old Colt 1903 pocket hammerless in .32acp for a number of years. The only reason I stopped? I shot my shield better.
- Another thing in my arsenal of guns I carried(tm) is a mini 1911 in .380 manufactured by Llama. Still lighter-shooting than an equivalent-ish Glock 43, or that sig 1911 thing in .380. It even has itsy bitsy little "target sights" and a vent rib.
- I still drool over Star Firestars. Pity that they feel like utter crap.
- I bought one of the first run of the Ruger SP-101s in .327 fed mag. The ones they recalled and no trace of which remains on the internet. I then sold it and bought the new production run, which apparently doesn't have that issue though.
|# ¿ Sep 6, 2016 03:50|
|# ¿ Jul 30, 2021 02:10|