Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Also reminds me that the whole "lol .223 poodle shooter" thing has really dropped off. Back in the late 90s I recall a lot of the survivalist/militia/Y2K folks heavily advocating FAL and G3 as "real rifles", and these days those are pretty drat niche compared o ARs.

But .223 is a wimpy poodle-shooter round and real rifles aren't chambered in it.

On that note, I bought a Mini-14 so I could have an intermediate-caliber version of my M1A:

But then I scoped the M1A and discovered that adding optics and cheek riser turns a slim and easy-to-handle rifle into a big awkward hog. So I got rid of it and got into FALs instead. Still have the Mini, but don't shoot it very much anymore because the AR is more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread