Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Bought this when I first got into guns back in 2002-2003. Before you could get cool(er) stocks and weld on optic rails. It's not the greatest 308 but everyone else had an FAL. That cheek riser was the only thing available at the time but because of the way it mounts it increases the LOP dramatically and its a bit too long for me. Not a big deal shooting benched but its a pain to hold unsupported. I'm going to send it to IGF to get an optic rail welded, barrel re-profiled and pin/welded to 16. Yep, gonna dump more money down the drain on this.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

^^^ Trust me, I felt the same way until I got it and shot it. ~honeymoon phase~

Mister Sinewave posted:

Oh and see this?

I rather painstakingly made a scale mock-up of my Luger so that a custom gear dude could make me a custom holster.

He eventually shipped me back a holster that (kinda, mostly) fit. I was later in a shop looking at no-name generic condor / phantom gear and spotted the exact same holster :haw: :mad:

Couldn't you have just sent the dude a cheap(ish) airsoft luger?

http://www.evike.com/products/29084/

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

bulletsponge13 posted:

This is awesome, and you should change nothing. Then again, it's your poo poo and I am fat guy on the net, so don't listen to me.

Well if only just the LOP isn't right for me. This was before magpul made a stock for the G3. While authentic, the scope mount is questionable. I have tape under there to add tension. I'd feel better with a welded rail like they've been doing out of the factory. And the thing weights a ton so its relegated to bench only.

But as for authenticity, its kinda sorta there except the buttstock.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Bummey posted:

Wait, what?

I can't tell what you're surprised at.

https://www.magpul.com/products/prs2-precision-adjustable-stock-hk91-g3

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Well I'm going to get flak for this...

This is my Yugo SKS. I took this photo back in 2002-2003 in college. Now its been stolen and used all over the place including the wikipedia article for SKSs. Go figure. I don't care. I feel like its kind of an amateurish try hard photo anyway but only because I've become a photo snob.

Anyway, there's a million SKSs out there. Nothing special about mine. So I'm going to send it out to make it like this:

Just upgraded open sights. No optic/mount. Remove grenade parts. Shorten barrel. Hopefully a light(er) ranch rifle.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

I never thought I would say this, but I regret selling my SKS.

I'm surprised you can still get them out of the crate at Classic Firearms. It's like there's a bottomless pit of them somewhere.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Justin Tyme posted:

It's me, I'm the idiot who put his Yugo SKS in a Tapco stock with Tapco magazine because I was too cheap to get a WASR-10 in the glory days of the mid-2000s. I repented for my sins by trading it 1 for 1 for a K31 in a walnut stock.

Did you at least put it back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Bummey posted:

I just didn't know they made this. v:shobon:v

Yeah, niche market indeed. Same for the FAL version although they are practically the same part.

• Locked thread