Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Iron Prince posted:

suck my goddamn balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

trigglypuff

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Fonzarelli posted:

part of telling a story is telling it in the right order

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I know watching movies backwards is dumb. Hopefully no one actually does that. Spoilers don't do that for you either, you still watch the movie aka experience the experience yourself in correct order.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

jyrque posted:

Yeah I know watching movies backwards is dumb. Hopefully no one actually does that. Spoilers don't do that for you either, you still watch the movie aka experience the experience yourself in correct order.

actually that's literally what a spoiler does you stupid person

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
that's why it's been termed a 'spoiler' because it does what you just described

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

spoiling dumb poo poo for retards on this site owns

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Spoiling things is very stupid, but one of my friends is a total bitch who freaks out if you say anything at all about a movie or show he hasn't seen even stuff that isn't really a spoiler and basically that's even worse.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

ROFLburger posted:

actually that's literally what a spoiler does to a stupid person

lol

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Spoiler Alert:

Trigger Warning:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

CJacobs posted:

You don't really believe that.

edit: Unless you think Hamlet was the peak of good literature anyway.

Its ndt literature, ts a play. And hes right.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

[spolier]suicide squad ends with the joker looking into the camera and saying "sequel?" and then doing his joker laugh while the credits roll. as a meta joke he keeps talking over the credits, critiquing the names of people who worked on the film and making references to the funny parts of the movie that you just saw.[/spoiler]

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
loving permaban me you scumbag gently caress nuggets

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

fbsw posted:

scumbag gently caress nuggets

rude.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

i like that posted:

No problem for you since you're probably unemployed and have no partner social life or hobbies. The rest of us may defer such things because we have Other Things to Do....

spoiler alert: he was the real autist the whole time

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

This thread is really bad.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Odobenidae posted:

[spolier]suicide squad ends with the joker looking into the camera and saying "sequel?" and then doing his joker laugh while the credits roll. as a meta joke he keeps talking over the credits, critiquing the names of people who worked on the film and making references to the funny parts of the movie that you just saw.[/spoiler]

can't tell if this is real because it's terrible but this movie also seems terrible so it may well be real or not

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

This thread is really bad.

sorry :( :( :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Memento spoils its own ending like 5 minutes in, what a ripoff!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
In the end of Memento it turns out it wasn't his girlfriend that was Trinity from the Matrix.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Serious Frolicking posted:

you are a human being, though.

spoiler that poo poo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i like that posted:

I appreciate spoiler alerts and trigger warnings as they are considerate of others. 'Love thy neighbour' is the most important teaching of the bible.

Idk why people get so darn mad about trigger warnings, it's not like them existing harms you in any way

Also why do I know your avatar is the goatse guy, what is wrong with me as a person that I know that.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

This thread is still bad.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If spoilers really do diminish your enjoyment of a story, why do people watch their favorite films and read their favorite books multiple times? Shouldn't a beloved story get less and less enjoyable each time you experience it?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

This thread is still bad.

Spoiler that poo poo, jesus

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

jyrque posted:

"mad max and furiosa save the day and immortan joe dies and so do the bad guys"
"WHAT THE gently caress I won't watch the sickest and craziest two hour chase scene with heart-thumping soundtrack and insane stunts and loving amazing visuals and audio now you spoilery gently caress!!!!!!!!!
"

yeah except mad max sucked sooooooo...

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Kris Kringle is the real Santa Claus

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Rosebud is Kane's childhood sled and also the name of William Randolph Hearst's nickname for his mistress's clitoris

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Pththya-lyi posted:

If spoilers really do diminish your enjoyment of a story, why do people watch their favorite films and read their favorite books multiple times? Shouldn't a beloved story get less and less enjoyable each time you experience it?

repeat viewing lets you look at and appreciate things you might not have seen the first time.

i'm ok with people spoiling things, a lot of the time i'll look for the spoilers before i bother watching something that looks like it might be lovely, but it is kind of a dick move to force it on people who don't want it and then somehow say its their fault for not wanting it

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
it's actually :nms: op

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
which i guess means early sa invented the trigger warning?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Spoiler alert: the OP gargles balls

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Im reading "the bible" right now, its about the wacky adventures of some dope hippy wizard and his crew.
Dont spoiler anything or ill be pissed.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Luvcow posted:

i'm ok with people spoiling things, a lot of the time i'll look for the spoilers before i bother watching something that looks like it might be lovely, but it is kind of a dick move to force it on people who don't want it and then somehow say its their fault for not wanting it

I'm the same way, and I do take care not to spoil things for people unless I know for a fact they want spoilers, but that doesn't mean I think the whole "spoilers ruin stories" attitude makes sense.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Moses parts the Red Sea with God's help and leads the Israelites across

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Odysseus gets home to Ithaca, does a cool bow-and-arrow trick shot, and kills all of his wife's suitors

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Gilgamesh learns to accept his own mortality after his journey to the afterlife

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
gj, now im a lifeless husk devoid of all emotions and the ability to feel joy.

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Im reading "the bible" right now, its about the wacky adventures of some dope hippy wizard and his crew.
Dont spoiler anything or ill be pissed.

Jesus gets nailed to a piece of wood and dies.
He gets better though. But then he goes to heaven so it's like he died anyway?
I dunno it's kinda dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

Aww is poor little baby crying because some one told xim who wins the game of thrones? If only xhe had a safe space. A spoiler free area if you would where xhey wouldn't have to hear things that upset them about fictional worlds and fictional people who have no bearing on life in anyway shape or form. lol xhey even throw temper tantrums and cry about their feels like SJW do when they're triggered.

yeah ive been saying this for a while now

it's true, but also

i like that posted:

I appreciate spoiler alerts and trigger warnings as they are considerate of others. 'Love thy neighbour' is the most important teaching of the bible.

• Locked thread