Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Who's hungry for a spaghetti? No that's too hard to cook.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Who's hungry for a spaghetti? No that's too hard to cook.

My spaghetti comes out of a can

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i didn't get the undertale earthbound connection because i remember quite liking undetale whereas i thought earthbound was a grindy pain in the rear end like LISA

LISA is good and funny and has some epic feels in between its rape and dead baby jokes. It's a great game but it never got Undertale's success because all the characters aren't secretly awkward teenagers who want to be your friend and instead of being made by a Homestuck guy and referencing 90s video games it's made by a martial artist and references 80s wrestling.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My spaghetti comes out of a can

im going to eat spaghetti tonight or as I like to call it SPAGHET! (like the Tim and Eric skit!!!!) but its with some leftover homemade sauce I made its really good (:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

im going to eat spaghetti tonight or as I like to call it SPAGHET! (like the Tim and Eric skit!!!!) but its with some leftover homemade sauce I made its really good (:

I'm gonna jerk off and cry

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

cram it, nooner!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
y'all can suck my sauce :c00l:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
woah guys when i like to play undertale i also like to chill out with a cool fanfiction too here read this cool cfanfic and donate to thgsi guys patreon

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11760272/1/Sans-and-Papyrus-Smoke-Weed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Putty posted:

woah guys when i like to play undertale i also like to chill out with a cool fanfiction too here read this cool cfanfic and donate to thgsi guys patreon

putty, i swear to god

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Putty posted:

fuckin pro read right here

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Putty posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Putty posted:

thread redeemed

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Here come the games with mercy options and being rpg without leveling up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enhousestudios/glitched?ref=category_featured

I expect a lot of copycats or at least inspired by undertale-mechanics games.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Oli posted:

Here come the games with mercy options and being rpg without leveling up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enhousestudios/glitched?ref=category_featured

I can't wait for all the loving dumbass bullet hells

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Oli posted:

4th wall jokes own so hard unironically they are the pinnacle of humor in this generation and for all generations to come after

Chowder: Oh no Schnitzel! We're in a cartoon!!!!!

Schnitzel: Rada.

Green Hill Friendzone
Oct 27, 2013

Killer 7 is the only art game.

E:and Mario Pant

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

handshake posted:

pathologic

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

handshake posted:

you gotta make the moral choice on how long to grove out on those stairs

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i like the art in duke nukeum whne you gave the stripper girls money and then they showed you their TITIES!!!!!!:eyepop:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

don't see anyone shipping that plague mask dude with the Bachelor or the silent house but i guess pathologic was ahead of its time

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nooner posted:

i like the art in duke nukeum whne you gave the stripper girls money and then they showed you their TITIES!!!!!!:eyepop:

gotta make that moral choice about whether to shower them with singles or kick their tite asses with your size 13 boot

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

gotta make that moral choice about whether to shower them with singles or kick their tite asses with your size 13 boot

I prefer to avoid the topic of ethics in video games :grin:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Nooner posted:

I prefer to avoid the topic of ethics in video games :grin:

not tipping is an ethical choice nooner

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Everything that has ever existed has ripped off Earthbound in some way.

Ever get lost in a weird town and beaten up by Skateboard dudes? Earthbound.

Ever were a child? So was Ness fucker.

Have a Mom? You guessed it.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Couldn't beat this game is was too scary :blush:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
why do i keep falling for intellectual properties that are imprudent to google

why, goons

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Wulfolme posted:

why do i keep falling for intellectual properties that are imprudent to google

why, goons

the legendary rainbow fuckman

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Putty posted:

the legendary rainbow fuckman

are we friends now

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
disseminate my seminal insemination seminar

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Portal. Cake jokes

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone posted:

disseminate my seminal insemination seminar

hm this could be an Aesop Rock lyric. I'll tweet it at him

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Undertale does a few things well, it inverts tropes and plays with narrative structure.

It won't likely be remembered long from now, but I think the way it plays on players' expectations will be emulated in more AAA titles as the years go on.

People remember games like Psychonauts fondly for this very reason.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

gamers stopped rallying behind the "games are art" flag when they realized treating games with critical seriousness meant that things like instant gratification and primal sublimation would be relegated to the low brow. they never actually wanted games to be considered art, they just wanted their worthless escapism to be vindicated with cultural clout. as soon as they found out that sitting at the grown-ups' table meant they had to eat their vegetables, they balked and trudged back to the kids' table muttering "shut the gently caress up and just play games"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Cubone posted:

gamers stopped rallying behind the "games are art" flag when they realized treating games with critical seriousness meant that things like instant gratification and primal sublimation would be relegated to the low brow. they never actually wanted games to be considered art, they just wanted their worthless escapism to be vindicated with cultural clout. as soon as they found out that sitting at the grown-ups' table meant they had to eat their vegetables, they balked and trudged back to the kids' table muttering "shut the gently caress up and just play games"

You can say the same thing about food, and food is probably art.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Salt Fish posted:

You can say the same thing about food, and food is probably art.

food: the art that u can fart

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

undertale lakes the artistic quality of a walking simulator or yet another bland unity engine platformer with slow echo-y music

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone who thinks that games aren't art probably also thinks that Bethesda's Doom is as good as the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
FUCKABLE SPIDERS

• Locked thread