Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm here, SIB. your honeypot worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i didn't get the undertale earthbound connection because i remember quite liking undetale whereas i thought earthbound was a grindy pain in the rear end like LISA
i think a Mother 3-Undertale connection is more accurate than Earthbound-Undertale

also my Earthbound story is that i played up until the Fourside Department Store, which is where the game really gets grindy. maybe i should go back and finish it, i dunno.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Putty posted:

woah guys when i like to play undertale i also like to chill out with a cool fanfiction too here read this cool cfanfic and donate to thgsi guys patreon

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11760272/1/Sans-and-Papyrus-Smoke-Weed
putty, i swear to god

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Iron Prince posted:

FUCKABLE SPIDERS
please don't gently caress the spiderlady, she just wants to have her spider bake sale :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i still haven't played LISA but apparently it's sad with funny parts as opposed to Undertale which was funny with sad parts. confirm/deny?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

It's a game that's possible to beat with no arms because you lost them both over the course of the game thanks to your gently caress-ups.
:staredog:

gently caress, i'm sold

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

You've made the right choice.

Also everything in the game, from art to writing to music, was made by one guy with no actual training or experience aside from one RPGmaker game. The game's soundtrack was made on a free trial copy of Fruity Loops :yum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuI3ZkCHfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjFr_vW8kwc
to be honest, the songs aren't really drawing me in as much as i thought they would. they just seem too jarring and eccentric, though i am listening to them out of context so maybe they fit the atmosphere perfectly and i'm just complaining for nothing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Putty posted:

the moral of the story of undertale is that all lets players should be killed
i thought we knew this well beforehand

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pretty much. of all the reasons I've heard people say they dislike the game, the OST has never been one of them, and for good reason.

i'm seconding all these tracks by the way, along with Power of NEO, Save the World, Megalovania, and Hopes and Dreams

i still really can't believe that the entire OST was made by just Toby

symbolic fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 1, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

notZaar posted:

We already know that video games can be art, Metroid Prime is the citizen Kane of video games.
i played Prime as a kid and i spent most of my time examining the dead bodies at the beginning to see how they died

:angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Teikanmi posted:

undertale is bad and gay and so is anyone who likes it
well now that's just rude

• Locked thread