Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Portal. Cake jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
What's Portal's 'legacy'

Undertale will be about on par with that (short cute game that you get over quick with annoying fandom)

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
gently caress Pony Island and the rear end in a top hat that made it

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Cubone posted:

afaik that started with Imscared.exe in 2012
Even earlier: Nanashi for the DS in 2007 or so

It was like The Ring except instead of a haunted VHS tape it was about a haunted hand held RPG game

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

darth_pizza posted:

have you considered the possibility that you don't like vimeogrames?

Pony Island was fun.

:staredog:

Guy Mann posted:

Pony Island is good and funny and doesn't take itself seriously at all, I feel sorry for the people whose brain problems keep them from enjoying such a silly little puzzle game.
AlrigHt I learned my lEsson.

Pony IsLand is actually good and I aPologize and I will seek counseling to hopefully reduce or even eliMinate my chances of having incorrect taste in video gamEs.

I am being 110% absolutely sIncere I aM not writing This post under duress and a vague thReat of social, legAl, and Professional destruction from a clique of rainbow-haired bay area hiPsters scrutinizing my internEt footprint.

It's a gooD game and if anybody else is reading this I highly recommend you buy multiple copies and give it to your friends on steam.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

pathologic is weird because it being a horrible, ugly miserable, poorly-translated slog is what makes it work. You start dreading the game from the minute you think about playing it and it all builds from there. basically a bunch of insane russians accidentally made some kind of outsider art instead of a video game and it only works because it doesn't really function as a game. I'm worried they ll get the remake to work properly and it'll lose the parts that make it tick
I've never played or heard much of pathologic but I got this vibe from stalker. The dodgy slavic code just worked so well for the setting

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Iron Prince posted:

i am also gay
I still love your stealth lumtar

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Took one look at the graphics and decided i wouldnt play this.
Listen to the music instead. I highly recommend it. That's probably over half of the appeal of the game right there.

Al Cowens fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The only game-soundtrack i would ever consider listen to is this
That one's good too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ETCh0tFRc

• Locked thread