Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayeka
May 28, 2016

Konnichiwa!

Everybody knows that drunk driving is bad. However, what if you are drinking while operating a boat? It seems that it should be bad, but I can't imagine being on a boat without alcohol of some form. I think it is technically illegal, but there are lots of laws that get broken every day, like pirating a movie.

Help me figure this out please cause if it's bad I might have to give up boating in all forms forever...!

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
There used to be some boat cops show on TV. 3/4 of their stops were for drunk people driving boats. It was surprising how many of them didn't realize that you couldn't be drunk while piloting a boat.

The rest of the stops were for women with their tops off or boats without life vests.

That show sucked after like 1 episode when the novelty wore off.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

You can definitely get stopped if you're boating around erratically, especially in areas that are marked as low speed. It's pretty easy to collide with a dock or another boat and cause some serious damage. That said, if you behave yourself, the boat cops aren't going to care all that much.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i worry a lot lately about whoever is supposed to be regulating the billion tons of cheap chinese plastic and rubber lures/jigs/artificial bait that ends up on the bottom of the bodies of water where i regularly catch and eat the fish

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like to drink gin&tonics on sail boats, A+ activity

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

it's bad as well, though not nearly as frowned-upon because most boaters are heavy drinkers

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the thing about drunk boating is that you can be reasonably certain someone is drinking from like 2km out

heres a handy cheat sheet:

-are they on a jetski?
y: they're drunk

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I like to.combine drunk driving and drunk boating, I put my 26' sea ray on a trailer attached to my '85 Chrysler and just plunge the whole lot off the nearest bridge that has fishable water beneath it

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

wilderthanmild posted:

There used to be some boat cops show on TV. 3/4 of their stops were for drunk people driving boats. It was surprising how many of them didn't realize that you couldn't be drunk while piloting a boat.

The rest of the stops were for women with their tops off or boats without life vests.

much like your posting

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

extra stout posted:

i worry a lot lately about whoever is supposed to be regulating the billion tons of cheap chinese plastic and rubber lures/jigs/artificial bait that ends up on the bottom of the bodies of water where i regularly catch and eat the fish

This reminded me of the time my brother stepped on a rusted beer can on the bottom of the lake we lived on. They drained it a few years after and you could see how the Budweiser can/bottle designs changed from 1980-1999ish because there were so many everywhere.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

wait the op is that anime av retard

stop making threads bitch

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Pirateparty posted:

This reminded me of the time my brother stepped on a rusted beer can on the bottom of the lake we lived on. They drained it a few years after and you could see how the Budweiser can/bottle designs changed from 1980-1999ish because there were so many everywhere.

lol

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Ayeka posted:

Konnichiwa!

die

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

drinking while boating is the best thing about boating

Korean Barbecue Slut
Aug 6, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

There used to be some boat cops show on TV. 3/4 of their stops were for drunk people driving boats.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZII56driIM

Never got tired of it, myself

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ayeka posted:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

That guy in the 1st pic went from being a noble scholar to a desirable mate, thanks to alcohol. Lesson learned.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ayeka posted:

Exhibit B:

Does the logo say Peration Dry Water or Operation Odry Water?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oh Hell No posted:

You can definitely get stopped if you're boating around erratically, especially in areas that are marked as low speed. It's pretty easy to collide with a dock or another boat and cause some serious damage. That said, if you behave yourself, the boat cops aren't going to care all that much.

Lol wrong

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Bananana posted:

That guy in the 1st pic went from being a noble scholar to a desirable mate, thanks to alcohol. Lesson learned.

Where do i get this shirt, i want to get laid

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Bananana posted:

You learned that you want to mate with the Super Stud? :confused:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I was fishing in a canal on lake minnetonka(bunch of big lakes in mn where rich people have their boats) and saw several nice rear end boats go by towards a lakeside bar, then they would come back with some young bitch in the passenger seat.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Get drunk in international waters. Sleep it off if you get too drunk, then return to your home waters.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

a hole-y ghost posted:

You learned that you want to mate with the Super Stud? :confused:

Can you blame me? HE'S A loving SUPER STUD!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Bananana posted:

Can you blame me? HE'S A loving SUPER STUD!!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Not a good idea.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-later/2004887/

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Apparently tons of dudes get found floating face down with a high BAC and their dilz hanging out and their boat abandoned on shore a few miles away.

Apparently getting drunk and trying to pee off a boat is extremely dangerous.

I can think of worse ways to die TBH.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
It is illegal but not bad
You are going to do it but you should try not to get caught

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

what the gently caress is the point of being on a boat if you're not drinking?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
lol if you're driving a boat not drunk

For real though, everyone is drunk.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
I mean there might be one or two sober boaters out there, unlike snowmobilers

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
If you're in a high-powered boat speeding around on a crowded lake, I can kinda see why it's a bit of a problem.

But gently caress the boat cops who bother a couple of people bass fishing by the shore in a small boat and an old-rear end outboard.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
How drunk do you think Schettino was when he had his crew slam his ship into a rock. #boatlife

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I was fishing in a canal on lake minnetonka(bunch of big lakes in mn where rich people have their boats) and saw several nice rear end boats go by towards a lakeside bar, then they would come back with some young bitch in the passenger seat.

Money can't buy happiness lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
The problem here in Florida is that it's so hot, you're just pounding back beer after beer without realizing it. You can just sweat it out pretty quick before you're back in US waters though.

• Locked thread