Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
do you think that they are ever gonna invent teleportation and when they do who do you think the first person to get telefragged is gonna be and do you think you could even really telefrag someone irl? is that possible ?? :confused::confused::confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

do you think that they are ever gonna invent teleportation and when they do who do you think the first person to get telefragged is gonna be and do you think you could even really telefrag someone irl? is that possible ?? :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah, watch the first star trek movie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm gonna teleport my poop into the OP's mouth.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm gonna teleport my poop into the OP's mouth.

i wish I could teleport my poop out of my pants :sigh:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You should be able to teleport poo poo to the other side of the planet through its axis anywhere outside of the tropics and as long as the elevation is the same on both ends and you don't end up embedded in a mountain or something. Not like anywhere you want but through an axis.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If I invented a teleport I'd teleport into a bank vault and steal all the money. I bet them eggheads never thought of that possibility when making their teleporters. The morans.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kuato posted:

If I invented a teleport I'd teleport into a bank vault and steal all the money. I bet them eggheads never thought of that possibility when making their teleporters. The morans.
I'd teleport into massive debt

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm gonna teleport my fist up a butt

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I would teleport Mexican pizzas from taco bell directly onto my bed, like every day

Aug 4, 2010

they already invented it but big oil companies bought the patent

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I would teleport Mexican pizzas from taco bell directly onto my bed, like every day
damnit we need the future. NOW!!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You just need 2 stacked atomically perfect ring magnets with 6 perfect embedded equidistant magnets in the ring, and then make the same machine again and put it on top upside down so that the two tilted rings in the middle are oscillating in sync, and use the top ring as a platform to compress the standing wave the magnets are making with an amount of gravitational mass until the two machines are sandwiched flat and form an "impossible" magnetic lock, teleporting the mass with a groundpath and instantly returning to its null state with the mass upside down (relatively from its origin) and on the other side of the planet.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a hole-y ghost posted:

damnit we need the future. NOW!!!

What if a fly got in the teleporter and it made a Mexican pizza/fly hybrid

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What if a fly got in the teleporter and it made a Mexican pizza/fly hybrid
then I'll say que mosca rica muchaco!! :yum:

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
what if when you teleport you died and the guy who appeared on the other end is a complete copy of you

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Bitter fly posted:

what if when you teleport you died and the guy who appeared on the other end is a complete copy of you

He'll never have sex either

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bitter fly posted:

does he know that hes a different guy??

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You just need 2 stacked atomically perfect ring magnets with 6 perfect embedded equidistant magnets in the ring, and then make the same machine again and put it on top upside down so that the two tilted rings in the middle are oscillating in sync, and use the top ring as a platform to compress the standing wave the magnets are making with an amount of gravitational mass until the two machines are sandwiched flat and form an "impossible" magnetic lock, teleporting the mass with a groundpath and instantly returning to its null state with the mass upside down (relatively from its origin) and on the other side of the planet.

goon project

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hector Beerlioz posted:

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
There'll be a X percent chance you'll melt instead of teleport. At what X will you say, "nah, thanks"?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Only in the tropics bruh. Otherwise you just go all the way around the universe.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nooner posted:

it's longer than you think dad

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

lol

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

birth control would be mandatory since dudes could just teleport their sperm into vaginas all over the world

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

FogHelmut posted:

birth control would be mandatory since dudes could just teleport their sperm into vaginas all over the world

:yikes:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

:pusheen:

naem
May 29, 2011

dang

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i would teleport into the closet of taco bell's CEO every night and whisper for him to have a full menu taco bell built across the street from me that will be free for the neighborhood to eat at. :)

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would teleport your mom out of my bed Nooner, preferably to another planet (she is persistent as all loving hell), and Kelly Brook, 24 beers, and a meat feast pizza into my bed.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Eventually they'll have to make anti-teleport domes or something to make theft proof things. That's when everything just gets ruined and everyone suddenly hates teleporting. People just start teleporting themselves off a cliff. Or shotguns into their mouths, because they can't take the new cyber-pocalypse dome aesthetic. "They're not even in the sky like the Jetsams!"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hrist posted:

Eventually they'll have to make anti-teleport domes or something to make theft proof things. That's when everything just gets ruined and everyone suddenly hates teleporting. People just start teleporting themselves off a cliff. Or shotguns into their mouths, because they can't take the new cyber-pocalypse dome aesthetic. "They're not even in the sky like the Jetsams!"

actually i think people would just stand on teleport pads so that they would get telefragged, provided that like, you know, you actually could get telefragged.

that would probably be a pretty cool way to go who wouldnt want to get gibbed

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
ive never played the new fallout but apparently one of the big mysterious groups has it and they use it as a big gently caress you by living in a deep underground bunker only accessible by teleporting to it. which is cool. i wonder where they stole the idea from tho

'hah well gently caress this quest im just gonna shoot you and leave'

'haha good fuckin luck, pal'

naem
May 29, 2011

Everyone got really excited for the new fallout and then just stopped talking it must not have been good?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
fallout 4 was fun af but it was not as good as new vegas, new vegas was the best video game ever made except for maybe farcry 3.5/4 I havent played cave man farcry yet it looked kinda dumb but I bet it is fun but I'll probably get the new DOOM before I get the new farcry. That is my video game story

naem
May 29, 2011

tahnk you

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

fallout 4 was fun af but it was not as good as new vegas, new vegas was the best video game ever made except for maybe farcry 3.5/4 I havent played cave man farcry yet it looked kinda dumb but I bet it is fun but I'll probably get the new DOOM before I get the new farcry. That is my video game story

Myst is the best video game ever, noonler

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

based on his opinions we should call him N00Ber :mmmsmug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

myst was pretty dang cool I didnt like riven as much but myst was pretty dang cool.

Never got to kill a cyborg t-rex with a minigun in myst though......

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The fax machine is going to obsolete when teleporting takes off. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Don't quote Elon Musk's white paper without crediting it

• Locked thread