Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So, it is the hottest summer so far in recorded history and the water you drink is deemed a toxic substance, it's all good now they say. So what is this about? Garbage. Soon you will have to either drive your garbage elsewhere,burn it, or store it in a giant pile. I bet that will smell good after a few 90 degree days.

Flint's mayor says there will be no trash collection until further notice

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/07/mayor_says_there_will_be_no_tr.html

Your city literally might become a burning garbage pit. Instead of just a garbage pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the bad water made me poo poo my pants:confused:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
That's western PA in a nutshell, op

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

the bad water made me poo poo my pants:confused:

No, it's your diet of nothing but dinty Moore beef stew

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

Good, I hope Michael Moore dies.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

So, it is the hottest summer so far in recorded history and the water you drink is deemed a toxic substance, it's all good now they say. So what is this about? Garbage. Soon you will have to either drive your garbage elsewhere,burn it, or store it in a giant pile. I bet that will smell good after a few 90 degree days.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/07/mayor_says_there_will_be_no_tr.html

Your city literally might become a burning garbage pit. Instead of just a garbage pit.

Hahaha the mayor is gettin paid by one company and the city council is getting paid by the other and they're fighting. Classic democrats!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lime Tonics posted:

how has the mayor not been thrown out of officer or shot yet?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
about to?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Canada should take in 25,000 refugees from Flint.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

isnt there some sort of law where a governor can appoint someone to run a city thats in deep poo poo? why hasnt this happened to flint yet

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
its amazing that despite how bad flint is, their water situation is still better than californias

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

More like Silent Hill, Michigan

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

its amazing that despite how bad flint is, their water situation is still better than californias

Not really. Water ain't there, you go where some water is. Water make junior retarded, junior retarded for good.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Do the residents of Flint Michigan follow Immortan Joe's advice of not growing addicted to water?

Might be pretty important here.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Profondo Rosso posted:

isnt there some sort of law where a governor can appoint someone to run a city thats in deep poo poo? why hasnt this happened to flint yet

They did, it got worse because of it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
rizzo environmental services

why not just call it mafia front, inc

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Agag posted:

we will be happy to add Michigan as a new province of Canada. let them vote, people have a right to self determination :twisted:

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
When I was younger the weekly garbage fire was about the only attraction that could get the whole family together so this might not be a bad thing if there are any families in Flint that need to reconnect.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Rutibex posted:

we will be happy to add Michigan as a new province of Canada. let them vote, people have a right to self determination :twisted:

quebec says what

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hth posted:

quebec says what

they had their chance and they blew it. no take backs!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Can't someone else do it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Agag posted:

Take Detroit and Chicago as well.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Agag posted:

Please no. Our lovely healthcare system doesn't need any longer waiting times.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Profondo Rosso posted:

The lead poisoning thing happened because the governor appointed someone, and that someone decided to end the city's contract with Detroit to supply water to Flint. That someone then decided it'd be cheaper to just use water from the Flint River, except it was barely cheaper anyways, and it turns out the Flint River had chemicals in it which caused the city's old lead pipes to leach into the water itself, hence all the lead poisoning.

If the governor had never appointed anyone in the first place, there wouldn't have been lead poisoning from the water and the city wouldn't be a literal dumpster fire right now.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
A bad time? In Flint Michigan!?! Impossible!!!!

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
Flint was always a bad time. This is par for the course, OP.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Cartouche posted:

Take Detroit and Chicago as well.

the south side of chicago has a higher murder rating in one normal day than all of canada does in a year. i dont think they could handle us

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The article says it's until "the middle of next week" who cares.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Profondo Rosso posted:

a dictator eh? they wanted cincinnatus but they got crassus

naem
May 29, 2011

Harald posted:

about to?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

comes along bort posted:

rizzo environmental services

why not just call it mafia front, inc

Should have gone with something a little more subtle like Don Corleone's "Waste Disposal" Management Wink Wink.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
http://time.com/4290027/flint-genesee-county-life-expectancy-study/

Hey, we need to remedy this.

Why don't we get a nice chant going. That'll fix things!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Problem solved!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
remember when it was worker strikes that held up garbage?

too bad taxpayers cant go on strike, since they're the ones getting fleeced

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I remember this episode of a The Simpsons but I can't remember how it all got resolved.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Ofaloaf posted:

The lead poisoning thing happened because the governor appointed someone, and that someone decided to end the city's contract with Detroit to supply water to Flint. That someone then decided it'd be cheaper to just use water from the Flint River, except it was barely cheaper anyways, and it turns out the Flint River had chemicals in it which caused the city's old lead pipes to leach into the water itself, hence all the lead poisoning.

If the governor had never appointed anyone in the first place, there wouldn't have been lead poisoning from the water and the city wouldn't be a literal dumpster fire right now.

Wrong. The people of Flint decided to end the contract with the city of Detroit because the Detroit water system had been gouging them. The prices were high because the elected officials in Detroit were all corrupt and the water department was an easy place to steal from. The state appointed manager just didn't stop the switch.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
this is hilarious to me because i never thought we'd have the equivalent of 3rd world shitholes in the us, but god drat democrats are really good at loving cities up

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It's not the hottest summer recorded and 2015 was not the hottest year despite what Leo tells you.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

autoaim.cfg posted:

http://time.com/4290027/flint-genesee-county-life-expectancy-study/

Hey, we need to remedy this.

Why don't we get a nice chant going. That'll fix things!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Problem solved!

~STOP THAT, that's a TRUMP CHANT!~

naem
May 29, 2011

I hate yankees posted:

this is hilarious to me because i never thought we'd have the equivalent of 3rd world shitholes in the us, but god drat democrats are really good at loving cities up

I'm pretty sure it's that the only industry in the entire state packed up and left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I'm pretty sure it's that the only industry in the entire state packed up and left

Yes, that's why the Republican stronghold western part of Michigan such as Grand Rapids is in no way doing well.

• Locked thread