Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You have to buy the whole season of Batman to play it at midnight? I can't find any way to just buy episode 1 on the sony store

gently caress you telltale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Episode 1 on its own is up on the EU store, is assume the US one will follow suite eventually

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

You have to buy the whole season of Batman to play it at midnight? I can't find any way to just buy episode 1 on the sony store

gently caress you telltale

This is a complaint so petty it almost comes off as sarcastic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Symphonia is like 15 years old and has the worst combat out of all of the 3D ones.

Comparing Tales to Ys is apples and oranges, Takes are traditional JRPG's that have more actiony combat, Ys is an an action RPG that accidentally has a story.
I wish there was a good JRPG with actionny 'encounters', I didnt enjoy Symphonia, or Star Ocean 3 which are like that. I want to try Radiata Stories at some point. The only game like that that I've enjoyed enough to beat was Devil Summoner: 1920s demon detective samurai agency

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

movies run at 24 fps, they're just providing you with a cinematic experience

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wish there was a good JRPG with actionny 'encounters', I didnt enjoy Symphonia, or Star Ocean 3 which are like that. I want to try Radiata Stories at some point. The only game like that that I've enjoyed enough to beat was Devil Summoner: 1920s demon detective samurai agency

Graces F has the best combat in Tales history and regularly goes on sale if you fancy playing something made this decade.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Graces F has the worst protag but somehow they got the battles in that game to load super fast and the combat is top notch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Asbel is a boring protag but the others make up for, the story is pretty bleh though.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Radiata stories is good for its cast of characters and the music, but the combat isn't great.

Linnaeus fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 2, 2016

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
This was basically my impression of ARK when I fired it up for the free weekend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvhdU6p1XhI

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

It didn't work to begin with and they temporarily disabled it while they fixed it. Cue the Pokemon GO people pitching a fit and acting like children after three weeks of being super defensive about how people who play Pokemon GO totally aren't immature.

Not to reply to any of your posts, but this would be fine if they came out and articulated anything like that, but they've been notoriously uncommunicative from the beginning.

I'll never understand the level to which game devs take the ivory tower secrecy shtick, even when they could easily quell a lot of player drain by explaining what the gently caress their plan is.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This ad always made my skin crawl a bit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

This ad always made my skin crawl a bit.

I ended up with that game because of that ad lol

I forget what specifically it was, either the paper it was on had an ad for something else on the other side or there was something on the other side I was reading or there was *something* to do with the other side of it, but regardless, I folded up the paper and put it in my pocket and forgot about it. A couple of months later I get it as a bday gift and my mom is all "yeah I found this flyer about it in your pocket so I figured you wanted it" haha

Not a bad game but not a great one either, just really middling. I dunno how much it was when it came out but I feel like anything above 10 bucks would have been way too much

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So, we're about halfway through Generation 8 of Consoles, how's everyone feeling about it? Are video games still good? Is this the last gen? What are the standout titles?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So, we're about halfway through Generation 8 of Consoles, how's everyone feeling about it? Are video games still good? Is this the last gen? What are the standout titles?
A lot of the standout titles of this generation for me have been on PC or Nintendo.

Strider 2014
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Tales From the Borderlands
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (I really liked it, I know a lot of people dont like it as much)
Why Am I Dead at Sea
Undertale
Stanley Parable
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Environmental Station Alpha
Shantae & the Pirate's Curse
Full Bore
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
Professor Layton & the Azran Legacy
Etrian Odyssey 4
Invisible Inc
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Life is Strange
Ori & the Blind Forest
Sherlock Crimes & Punishments
The Swapper
The Talos Principle
Technobabylon
Contradiction: Spot the Liar
Tomb Raider
Wolfenstein: The New Order/Old Blood
Shovel Knight
Pushmo/Crashmo/Stretchmo
Fire Emblem Awakening
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
DKC Returns Tropical Freeze
SMT IV

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 2, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really liked that Mad Max game, for what it was.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played Bloodborne and Souls games for about a combined 200 hours this year.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A lot of the standout titles of this generation for me have been on PC or Nintendo.
I'm in the same boat as well. Gen 8 consoles don't entice me as much as the previous consoles. So now, I'm mostly back on to PC (Hello old friend :unsmith:) and digging the N3DS.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nice catch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm the opposite, I don't care about PC gaming any more, my video card is getting on and I don't see the point in replacing it when everything I'm interested in comes out on PS4 anyway and my game playing set up is much more comfortable with that.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm the opposite, I don't care about PC gaming any more, my video card is getting on and I don't see the point in replacing it when everything I'm interested in comes out on PS4 anyway and my game playing set up is much more comfortable with that.
That's cool. Any games you're looking forward on the PS4 like Persona 5 and The Last Guardian?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm glad that console exclusivity is weaker than it has ever been.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BipolarAurora posted:

That's cool. Any games you're looking forward on the PS4 like Persona 5 and The Last Guardian?

Both of those and FF XV next month and Horizon Zero Dawn in February.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

yeah same. new hitman was extremely choppy on my 560 ti and overwatch isn't much better so i just got hitman on ps4 instead. controller-based fps though...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am probably going to get a new graphics card now that the nvidia gtx 10-series is out, because there is absolutely no way Sony and Microsoft are going to ring me into their dumb console upgrade scheme.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

yeah same. new hitman was extremely choppy on my 560 ti and overwatch isn't much better so i just got hitman on ps4 instead. controller-based fps though...

I don't play many FPS's anyway but I've never had a problem playing them on a controller when I do, though that's almost literally only been Wolfenstein and Doom in the past like three or four years. Dying Light too, I guess.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Decided to try Pokémon TCG Online after a long pause, and just spent hours playing this until the early morning. Dammit, I was just supposed to check if it'll run in the first place.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Tales of Vesperia is great fun and Yuri Lowell is a great protagonist

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

...uh. Little help, games?

Pick the muk baby.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

don't call lizard wizard a baby

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I will if he doesn't pick the muk baby.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please don't call oddium a baby

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Maybe you are all babies. Goon Babies.

What's everybody playing this week?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Maybe you are all babies. Goon Babies.

What's everybody playing this week?
Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy 12 IZJS. I was playing FFX-2, but I ran into a bug I can't fix. Thanks, PC gaming! I might just play it on PCSX2, I still have the disc. Or just buy a CRT and get my old PS2 from my parents.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm 60 emblems into my 180 emblem sa2 run and the game is still super good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just Takes of Xillia mostly, I can't play too many games at once or I'll never finish any of them. Playing Shiren a bit too but I still can't get into roguelikes, even charming ones with nice art apparently.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I reinstalled WoW because of demon hunters and burning crusade nostalgia :getin:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy 12 IZJS. I was playing FFX-2, but I ran into a bug I can't fix. Thanks, PC gaming! I might just play it on PCSX2, I still have the disc. Or just buy a CRT and get my old PS2 from my parents.

What do you think of Final Fantasy 12 IZJS?

oddium posted:

i'm 60 emblems into my 180 emblem sa2 run and the game is still super good

I never did the emblem stuff, just the main story. It's like Mario where it's just random missions to get an emblem, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I started playing Helldivers a couple of days ago and I'm surprised at how fun it is because when it was originally up on PS+ I thought it was just a generic twin stick shooter or something

• Locked thread