Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC September: U hosed up CM punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eat Bum Zen posted:

actually snipers are significantly more detached from the action of killing than infantry

Certain circles believe ptsd is more common in jobs where they were often waiting to be attacked, so people doing check points and patrols etc.

Being the hammer rather than the nail like special teams is more condusive to not having ptsd according to the current shool of thought.

In any event, gently caress tim kennedy. You cant walk off a psychological issue anymore than you can a blown off leg. oval office should shut his trap.

Also im not surprised joe silva has called it quits. I remember reading about how he spent his vacation with his family and it didnt exactly sound fantastic for your quality of life outside work

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

BlindSite posted:

Certain circles believe ptsd is more common in jobs where they were often waiting to be attacked, so people doing check points and patrols etc.

Being the hammer rather than the nail like special teams is more condusive to not having ptsd according to the current shool of thought.

In any event, gently caress tim kennedy. You cant walk off a psychological issue anymore than you can a blown off leg. oval office should shut his trap.

Also im not surprised joe silva has called it quits. I remember reading about how he spent his vacation with his family and it didnt exactly sound fantastic for your quality of life outside work
Il totally respond to this bus on killing is. Good book to read

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't know a ton about PTSD but "train so hard your life sucks so that the bad people can't hurt you again" sounds like PTSD to me

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
georges does not have ptsd

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
Can we all take a second and discuss how good the Portland fight night card is? Maybe I am just pumped for my first live experience but Dodson/Linekar, Cowboy Lite/Brooks, Green/Burkman, and Barn Cat/Marquardt all seem like great matches.

Reminds me of a WEC card.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I don't know a ton about PTSD but "train so hard your life sucks so that the bad people can't hurt you again" sounds like PTSD to me

George has said he is very Obsessive-Compulsive and that is what has lead to his manic training style.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Can we all take a second and discuss how good the Portland fight night card is? Maybe I am just pumped for my first live experience but Dodson/Linekar, Cowboy Lite/Brooks, Green/Burkman, and Barn Cat/Marquardt all seem like great matches.

Reminds me of a WEC card.

it's very cool

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
tim kennedy got PTSD, from a stool, and it actively haunts him to this day but he still can't grok what other people mean when they talk about it

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
next week on hitler hunters; the hunter becomes the hunted

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
UFC September - The Scrape of Punk to Come

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Requiem for a Reem

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
The Silva Age of MMA

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

watched my first episode of tuf since.... tuf live? i like this tuf.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

UFC September - You feel lucky, Punk?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fifthace posted:

UFC September - The Scrape of Punk to Come

Voting for this obscure Refused reference

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mewse posted:

Voting for this obscure Refused reference

I think it would be better with just "Shape." Like, he's gonna get twisted and mashed into new shapes.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Eat Bum Zen posted:

hm, I must be wrong. i've watched some documentaries (one was advant garde or whatever) I must have the wrong one

Tiger is the most popular Thai gym with tourists for sure, but they've still got poo poo loads of pros that train there.

They definitely love tourist money and I've heard mixed things about their training for different skill levels, but enough pros do work there that they've inevitably got some good training in there somewhere if you're a high level fighter. I thiiiiiiiink they're the most modern and best equipped gym in Phuket by far, probably due to the poo poo loads of tourist money they get. They pay better than skinny Thai kids.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CommonShore posted:

UFC September - You feel lucky, Punk?

Went with the classic.

UFC September - You Feel Lucky, Punk?.

Was someone going to throw up a TUF thread? If no one else does, and I get a chance tomorrow, I'll put one up, but I gotta level to 110 before the weekend so I don't know how well I'll go.

Read through the OP and let me know what you think of the last item!

• Locked thread