Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I liked Bryan banning a dude on the air for sending him a lovely song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I liked Bryan banning a dude on the air for sending him a lovely song.

And that man......was Billy Corgan

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm laughing so hard

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

dsriggs posted:

Impact Ventures?

The Nazi's at Aeroluxe hold the rights to the TNA name, that's why they've been using Impact more and more.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

The Nazi's at Aeroluxe hold the rights to the TNA name, that's why they've been using Impact more and more.

Totally Not Aryans

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

E: Too mean, I have no personal beef with the guy despite being aware of how much of an utter freak he is.

CoolCat fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 13, 2016

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I'm stoked for the new influx of Smashing Pumpkins themed gimmick matches.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I'm stoked for the new influx of Smashing Pumpkins themed gimmick matches.

"Where Boys Fear to Tread" match - knockouts only match

"Blank Page" match - there's no script for this match, Pope!

"The End is the Beginning is the End" - match starts with a pinfall, only ends when one participant makes his way to the back

"Shame", "Behold! The Night Mare", "Dross", "Pox", "Crestfallen", "Ugly", "Apathy's Last Kiss", "Towers of Rabble", "Doomsday Clock" - TNA

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

CoolCat posted:

E: Too mean, I have no personal beef with the guy despite being aware of how much of an utter freak he is.

coward

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

dsriggs posted:

In fairness, they always talked about board geeks on the show back then. Like, who the gently caress is Anchor?

he spent real money for shoutouts to be read on every show and started all of them with PLEASE PLAY THE AWO THEME SONG. Then they would.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 14, 2016

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

I have a heart.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

CoolCat posted:

I have a heart.

Whose was it?

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

ZixTheYeti posted:

Whose was it?

This poor bastards.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
tonight, tonight only ppv

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Billy Corgan becomes President, Dixie becomes Chairman. In six months Billy will be promoted to Chairman and Dixie will become Super Chairman.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

Alex Jones and David Icke calling wrestling matches is something I didn't realize I needed until now.

Alex Jones to Brother NERO

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/764566345459568641

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alex Jones is a few months older than Matt Hardy

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

In a parallel universe Alex Jones dated Lita and Edge slept with her. I would like to know how Alex Jones would have handled this, in contrast to how Matt handled it. I also wonder if Alex Jones would have agreed to be jobbed out at SummerSlam.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Well, for one thing, Alex Jones would've cut a much better promo than Matt Hardy when they brought him back for the Edge feud.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Alex Facts would have blown Matt Facts out of the water.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't remember if anyone gives a poo poo about spoilers in this thread, but here ya go.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Dario the Wop posted:

Well, for one thing, Alex Jones would've cut a much better promo than Matt Hardy when they brought him back for the Edge feud.

That was so embarrassing for Matt, especially when Edge cut a promo later completely schooling him.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Because TNA's previous MMA experiments have been SO successful.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Shine posted:

That was so embarrassing for Matt, especially when Edge cut a promo later completely schooling him.
It really was, that was the beginning of a rough few years for Matt. I really respect him for turning it around. He's come a long way from cutting promos on cardboard cutouts of ex-gf's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJL27oUb1gY

Here's the promo Shine and I are talking about, if you don't know. There's about 2min of Vince being Vince preceding it (featuring the line, "I never let my ego get in the way of business").

Back on topic: I recall one "MMA Rules" match between AJ and Joe, but simple googling brings up the new title. I just don't care enough to google deeper than a page. Were there any others? Was Bas Rutten ever involved, or was that wishful thinking on my part?

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 14, 2016

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Dario the Wop posted:

Back on topic: I recall one "MMA Rules" match between AJ and Joe, but simple googling brings up the new title. I just don't care enough to google deeper than a page. Were there any others? Was Bas Rutten ever involved, or was that wishful thinking on my part?

No, he wasn't, sadly.

I don't remember AJ vs Joe under those rules, but the most famous "MMA Rules" match in TNA was the shitshow of AJ Styles vs Frank Trigg.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
TNA should do a Brawl for All, I want to see Rockstar Spud in a shoot fight.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Dario the Wop posted:

Jeff Jarrett had a period where he pretended to be an MMA guy, which included very good training vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6S2ysN5izk

and led to a match with Kurt Angle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaKxHuFEcBo

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

dsriggs posted:

I don't remember AJ vs Joe under those rules, but the most famous "MMA Rules" match in TNA was the shitshow of AJ Styles vs Frank Trigg.
You're right! It'd been a while. I probably confused Trigg with Butten too (again, not a resemblance but more wishful thinking). I do remember reading descriptions of fans just making GBS threads all over it.

Do you think TNA fans in attendance will ever care enough to chant "Fire Corgan"?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Perhaps a long-anticipated return is happening....

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Electric Lady posted:

https://youtu.be/cRAdWcfpM_Y

Pure gold

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Phenix Rising posted:

I can't remember if anyone gives a poo poo about spoilers in this thread, but here ya go.

There's a Bullet other Butterfly Wings joke in here, but seriously that's way too cliche at this point

Goddamnit Corgan

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Everything about Tito Ortiz is gold.

https://youtu.be/v3E3Y3LW0X4

https://youtu.be/TnrI1l6qvO4

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving love horrible mic work so much. We should make a thread for the worst prograps AND MMA mic work.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Electric Lady posted:

ding
ding-ding

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dario the Wop posted:

Oh man, that poo poo show. I wanna blame WWE for dropping the ball on what should have been a hot feud, but Matt killed it dead with that promo. Cuckolded by a good friend, then fired, and that's the best he could do?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

whiteyfats posted:

Oh man, that poo poo show. I wanna blame WWE for dropping the ball on what should have been a hot feud, but Matt killed it dead with that promo. Cuckolded by a good friend, then fired, and that's the best he could do?

Thank christ he didn't bring the Angelic Diablo

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-4Bmhdadk

This was probably the peak of "MMA rules" matches in TNA.

Actually, this may be the peak of TNA too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loving love horrible mic work so much. We should make a thread for the worst prograps AND MMA mic work.

bad MMA mic work is fish in a barrel but nowhere near as fun

- "Who would you like to fight next?"
- "Um, uh, whatever Joe Silva wants me to do"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mariooncrack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-4Bmhdadk

This was probably the peak of "MMA rules" matches in TNA.

Actually, this may be the peak of TNA too.

I remember everyone having no idea what to make of that match

Like, to do this day I am not sure if it was good or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/amber_brooke541/status/765022486475964416

I appreciate this

• Locked thread