Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I speak like 1.5 languages. I took French for years and years, but it is so rusty from disuse that I wouldn't say I speak it. I can read and understand it pretty well still, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I just really wish I had started taking Spanish instead of French. Spanish I could have actually used. French just lets me watch foreign movies and critique the translations of the subtitles.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Keg posted:

They're similar languages, and I believe you can learn Spanish if you decide to try :)

I can actually read Spanish with a fair degree of comprehension due to that similarity. I am still trying to figure out a way to actually take some courses in it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cephalectomy posted:

what the gently caress is hawaiian creole????????????????? speaking lousianna with a dumb hick hawaiian accent? bc creole is just dumb hick in place of english

The Wikipedia entry for it is titled "Hawaiian Pidgin": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_Pidgin

I'm more familiar with Haitian Creole, which the times I've heard it contained enough French for me to be able to follow it fairly well.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Celluloid Sam posted:

I only speak English because I had to take French in middle school and high school and loving hated it and made it my mission to forget all I had learned. It worked.

Mon crayon est large et jaune.

• Locked thread