Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

asiina when do never-not passes go into play please answer asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Please don't be racist Jim

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Will tonight's comp be mobile-friendly?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
hello and welcome to the first edition of the peramene loveparty meme

each whenever i feel like it, join me as i blatantly ignore jon joe's advice to me for a special public confessional in which i share positive and encouraging notes about everybody playing

Kashuno - I had the opportunity to meet Kashuno on a more personal basis after my sudden (yet very timely) ousting in popcon2, the poor dear struggled to maintain a dead doc despite me being the only person trying to enjoy being dead. Kashuno gave up on the dead doc around the time he gave up on life trying to host popcon2, which is understandable, because hosting a social game is the quickest way to realize all people are fundamentally bad. I'm really excited to get to know Kashuno better.

Meinberg - What summer's sorrow finds is oft the lengthy diatribe of a man, adorned in the traditional accouterments of American nobility and American grace, traditionally ungraceful, spiritually empty perhaps, but in the days that follow one may discover their is value yet in the words themselves, scattered about like glitter from a professional dancer's misplaced performance undergarment. Meinberg is such a glitzy gammer, full of the vim and vigor of two generations ago, except presumably significantly less racist, one hopes, and significantly less sexist, one theorizes, but one recognizes how these things tend to go. Such an individual is a rare complement to any social game, and is guaranteed to enrich the entire gathering or at the very least not poo poo the tub.

Quidnose - I have not yet had the opportunity to meet quidnose, but I am looking forward to a good post-challenge meet and/or greet. Who quids the quidnose? ......nobody.........knows? oh my god I'm becoming PBS.

JakeP - I did not understand JakeP when we played survivor together, I did not get to interact with him very much and I did not understand his tactics. He seems to take social games the exact opposite way I do. My current operating theory is that JakeP is a living shitpost, born from the darkest corners of the internet, come to our hallowed halls to wreak havoc upon lesser mortals and just generally give the rest of us a right good chuckle. It took me a while to appreciate his sense of humor but I think I'm starting to get it. His strategy this time is a solid "I will take second place," but do not count the future HamiltonP out just yet - he will surprise us all, y'know, someday.

Deadbeat Dad - I haven't met Deadbeat Dad yet either!! I don't even know Deadbeat Dad. It is super rare for my vast pre-Survivor research to have not turned up something of some kind on somebody, and now here in the Big Brother Discord I am super shocked. Let's hang out after the challenge. are you really a dad??? who knows

Murmur Twin - MMT had nice things to say about me very early in our relationship and has generally been a total sweetheart even when not expecting to be noticed being a total sweetheart, and yet, lurking in the depths, I suspect there is more to MMT than an undying sweetheart hellbent on being complimentary... I'm trying to make a twin joke and it isn't working out too well. Regardless MMT and I haven't jammed our skulls together yet but rest assured we will jam. We will all jam.

Retro Futurist - ah, Retro Futurist, you... had better show up to the challenge tomorrow <3 I miss your old avatar, this one is clever I grant you but your old one was so cute.

Jimson The Betrayer - Jimson is a really cool guy who got a bad rap after things blew up in his hands in Popcon2. Listen, I know you all know this, I certainly know this, but things... they just blow up. They blow up all the time. They simply explode. And then you are left sitting there thinking to yourself, what the gently caress was I thinking?? But in no time at all you have pulled your panties back up, left the room, and made up your mind never to speak to that particular gentleman ever again. Where was I? Ah, excuse me. Jimson and I share a penchant for Weird Stuff and Sex Toys, and I'm looking forward to making lots of jokes about shibari bondage should we go head to head in an endurance challenge.

Dr. Hurt - The most I know of Dr. Hurt is all public persona and bravado. Just look at that snarky avatar. Just look at that hat. Just look at the implicit threat and Wrestling-esque callout. Hurt is hilarious and I'm very excited to get to know him better, but we haven't jammed yet. We'll jam. There will be much jamming.

curiousCat - There are so many wonderful things to say about Cat, but honestly, I shouldn't, because she's already quite convinced I'm in love with her. And honestly, who isn't? Who can resist ears like that?? She has been a true friend in the wake of the horrifying personal awakening that was awful survivor 2, and at times I wonder quite seriously what in the goddamn hell she is doing still talking to me??? But I am always smiling when we talk and I am so looking forward to playing another social game with her.

flerp - After playing mafia with flerp, I am so excited to hang out and get to know flerp. I know so little about flerp compared to everyone else here, even the other folks I haven't jammed with yet. That's exciting in its own way, right, because every unmet motherfucker who call themself a goon is a potential friend. ...A potend. Yes. anyway flerp lets hang out

Propaganda Machine - PMach is the sort of person who is nice to you even when you are a literal sociopath, raving lunatic, nightmare supervillain come to destroy lives and bleed a community dry.

JOHN CENA - I first met forums user JOHN CENA trying to convince a bunch of goons that I was one of them (when I wasn't) and remember fondly that time I tried to convince a bunch of the same people that I was secretly him (when I wasn't). It was very good times. Cena is very much into wrestling, and very much into games, and very much into brainwork, and very much into soda. I too love most of these things. I am very intimidated sometimes because he is very confident and he speaks with a lot of gusto, which I assume you all can see where I'm going with this, forums user John Cena's kayfabe is so good he's basically a character from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

this has been the first episode of the peramene loveparty meme, anybody interested in a showmance knows where I'm sleeping - or not sleeping, as the case tends to be. good luck at the challenge to everyone and let's have a lot of fun together

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

peramene posted:

hello and welcome to the first edition of the peramene loveparty meme

each whenever i feel like it, join me as i blatantly ignore jon joe's advice to me for a special public confessional in which i share positive and encouraging notes about everybody playing

Kashuno - I had the opportunity to meet Kashuno on a more personal basis after my sudden (yet very timely) ousting in popcon2, the poor dear struggled to maintain a dead doc despite me being the only person trying to enjoy being dead. Kashuno gave up on the dead doc around the time he gave up on life trying to host popcon2, which is understandable, because hosting a social game is the quickest way to realize all people are fundamentally bad. I'm really excited to get to know Kashuno better.

Meinberg - What summer's sorrow finds is oft the lengthy diatribe of a man, adorned in the traditional accouterments of American nobility and American grace, traditionally ungraceful, spiritually empty perhaps, but in the days that follow one may discover their is value yet in the words themselves, scattered about like glitter from a professional dancer's misplaced performance undergarment. Meinberg is such a glitzy gammer, full of the vim and vigor of two generations ago, except presumably significantly less racist, one hopes, and significantly less sexist, one theorizes, but one recognizes how these things tend to go. Such an individual is a rare complement to any social game, and is guaranteed to enrich the entire gathering or at the very least not poo poo the tub.

Quidnose - I have not yet had the opportunity to meet quidnose, but I am looking forward to a good post-challenge meet and/or greet. Who quids the quidnose? ......nobody.........knows? oh my god I'm becoming PBS.

JakeP - I did not understand JakeP when we played survivor together, I did not get to interact with him very much and I did not understand his tactics. He seems to take social games the exact opposite way I do. My current operating theory is that JakeP is a living shitpost, born from the darkest corners of the internet, come to our hallowed halls to wreak havoc upon lesser mortals and just generally give the rest of us a right good chuckle. It took me a while to appreciate his sense of humor but I think I'm starting to get it. His strategy this time is a solid "I will take second place," but do not count the future HamiltonP out just yet - he will surprise us all, y'know, someday.

Deadbeat Dad - I haven't met Deadbeat Dad yet either!! I don't even know Deadbeat Dad. It is super rare for my vast pre-Survivor research to have not turned up something of some kind on somebody, and now here in the Big Brother Discord I am super shocked. Let's hang out after the challenge. are you really a dad??? who knows

Murmur Twin - MMT had nice things to say about me very early in our relationship and has generally been a total sweetheart even when not expecting to be noticed being a total sweetheart, and yet, lurking in the depths, I suspect there is more to MMT than an undying sweetheart hellbent on being complimentary... I'm trying to make a twin joke and it isn't working out too well. Regardless MMT and I haven't jammed our skulls together yet but rest assured we will jam. We will all jam.

Retro Futurist - ah, Retro Futurist, you... had better show up to the challenge tomorrow <3 I miss your old avatar, this one is clever I grant you but your old one was so cute.

Jimson The Betrayer - Jimson is a really cool guy who got a bad rap after things blew up in his hands in Popcon2. Listen, I know you all know this, I certainly know this, but things... they just blow up. They blow up all the time. They simply explode. And then you are left sitting there thinking to yourself, what the gently caress was I thinking?? But in no time at all you have pulled your panties back up, left the room, and made up your mind never to speak to that particular gentleman ever again. Where was I? Ah, excuse me. Jimson and I share a penchant for Weird Stuff and Sex Toys, and I'm looking forward to making lots of jokes about shibari bondage should we go head to head in an endurance challenge.

Dr. Hurt - The most I know of Dr. Hurt is all public persona and bravado. Just look at that snarky avatar. Just look at that hat. Just look at the implicit threat and Wrestling-esque callout. Hurt is hilarious and I'm very excited to get to know him better, but we haven't jammed yet. We'll jam. There will be much jamming.

curiousCat - There are so many wonderful things to say about Cat, but honestly, I shouldn't, because she's already quite convinced I'm in love with her. And honestly, who isn't? Who can resist ears like that?? She has been a true friend in the wake of the horrifying personal awakening that was awful survivor 2, and at times I wonder quite seriously what in the goddamn hell she is doing still talking to me??? But I am always smiling when we talk and I am so looking forward to playing another social game with her.

flerp - After playing mafia with flerp, I am so excited to hang out and get to know flerp. I know so little about flerp compared to everyone else here, even the other folks I haven't jammed with yet. That's exciting in its own way, right, because every unmet motherfucker who call themself a goon is a potential friend. ...A potend. Yes. anyway flerp lets hang out

Propaganda Machine - PMach is the sort of person who is nice to you even when you are a literal sociopath, raving lunatic, nightmare supervillain come to destroy lives and bleed a community dry.

JOHN CENA - I first met forums user JOHN CENA trying to convince a bunch of goons that I was one of them (when I wasn't) and remember fondly that time I tried to convince a bunch of the same people that I was secretly him (when I wasn't). It was very good times. Cena is very much into wrestling, and very much into games, and very much into brainwork, and very much into soda. I too love most of these things. I am very intimidated sometimes because he is very confident and he speaks with a lot of gusto, which I assume you all can see where I'm going with this, forums user John Cena's kayfabe is so good he's basically a character from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

this has been the first episode of the peramene loveparty meme, anybody interested in a showmance knows where I'm sleeping - or not sleeping, as the case tends to be. good luck at the challenge to everyone and let's have a lot of fun together

:same:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hi all! If you want to join the hugbox discord, please go to the housechat and post @Kashuno Hugbox to join

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Will tonight's comp be mobile-friendly?

Yes. You just need access to PMs and it's not timed or anything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

asiina when do never-not passes go into play please answer asap

Always.

They were inside you all along.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Because everybody cares, the mystery fruit was in fact a fig.

I feel vindicated

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So do I need to show up on time tonight, or do I need to show up an hour early or everyone will be inexplicably mad at me for not being super early?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

So do I need to show up on time tonight, or do I need to show up an hour early or everyone will be inexplicably mad at me for not being super early?

im getting triggered just thinking about it :mad:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
A new story begins, with some familiar faces, some new, all in awe of the new tale about to be writ. The tome of our existence slowly creaks open and a new chapter begins....

TURN THE PAGE!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

wash your hands

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

but seriously, wash your hands.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

I'm trying to make a twin joke and it isn't working out too well.

Hopefully we will make a formidable pair-amene :j::hf::j:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

you turn the page, you wash your hands, turn the page...

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Meinberg posted:

A new story begins, with some familiar faces, some new, all in awe of the new tale about to be writ. The tome of our existence slowly creaks open and a new chapter begins....

TURN THE PAGE!

Maybe turn the page.... master??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgl2gnri940

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Did you turn the page?? Did you wash your hands?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dr. Hurt posted:

Did you turn the page?? Did you wash your hands?

I had this experience reading a magazine I found on the subway last week :(

How do you print a black-heavy cover? With purple ink, of course.

Also I miss Rocko. Best nicktoon ever.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Soon the hour will be upon us and all japes will be OVER! Can you withstand the storm and the siege? Will you stand fast against the Chen Bot Hordes? What will you do when traitors arise from your own midsts?

Join with me and I will lead you all into glory. Join with me and forge a new, fresher union. Join with me and push back the evils that surround us!

Look into your hearts, you know what is needed.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Greetings from pinball tournament!!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Idk what this challenge could even be. I just hope all my friends do good and win win win.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Idk what this challenge could even be. I just hope all my friends do good and win win win.

there can only be one winner but there will be no losers in my heart

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

I also pray to god its not Hamilton related.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JakeP posted:

there can only be one winner but there will be no losers in my heart

This is Big Brother, I wouldn't put money down on there being only one winner of HOH.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

This is Big Brother, I wouldn't put money down on there being only one winner of HOH.

Say WHAAAAAAAAT!!!??????!!!?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Expect the unexpected!!!

also anyone else getting a Joel Embiid PS4????

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

Expect the unexpected!!!

also anyone else getting a Joel Embiid PS4????

Sharpie Bros

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Also who's Joel embiid

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Also who's Joel embiid

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
CHALLENGE HYPE

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

How'd u get his ps4?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
are we doing this

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
5 minutes. Remember there is absolutely no out of thread communication once the challenge begins.

Also no spectator posting either pls.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
phone might die one bar of service but im here

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to your first Head of Household competition!

Reminder: There is absolutely NO COMMUNICATION outside of the thread for the entire competition. This includes the house channel.

Your first competition will be....ROBO-POPCON

For the uninitiated this is robot popularity contest, where only the most universally loved will have a shot at winning HOH.

Rules

1) Each houseguest will PM me a list of their fellow houseguests ordered such that the person you MOST want to win HOH is LAST and the person you LEAST want to win HOH is FIRST.

2) You may not put yourself in your list. You also may not omit any players.

3) I will then systematically go through the list as if the players were voting to eliminate the person at the top of their list. The person with the most votes is eliminated from the competition, their name removed from all people's lists and the next round starts going to the next available name on people's lists. The eliminated person no longer gets a vote.

4) For each time you correctly vote for the eliminated person in a round, you will receive points equal to how many votes that person had. For example, if someone is eliminated with 5 votes, you will get 5 points.

5) In the event of a tie in a round, the person with the least points will be eliminated. If they have the same number of points RNG will be used to determine who is eliminated.

6) When there are only 2 players left, the winner will be determined by the eliminated houseguests via their original lists. Whichever of the two remaining players is closer to the bottom of the list is who that player will "vote" to win HOH. In the event of a tie, the player with the most points wins.

7) Each round I will reveal the number of votes a houseguest has that round, but I won't reveal who voted for who and won't be giving the lists at the end of the challenge.

Here is an alphabetical list of all houseguests (REMEMBER TO REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE LIST BEFORE SUBMITTING):

curiousCat
Deadbeat Dad
Dr. Hurt
flerp
JakeP
Jimson
JOHN CENA
Kashuno
Meinberg
Murmur Twin
peramene
Propaganda Machine
Quidnose
Retro Futurist

You have 10 minutes to submit your list, or you are disqualified from the challenge. Remember, no outside communication allowed during the challenge.

You can also use this time to ask any questions you may have.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
can we just shoot the poo poo in thread or should we stay on topic and shutup unless we have questions pertaining to the challenge like this one

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
5 minutes left to submit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

can we just shoot the poo poo in thread or should we stay on topic and shutup unless we have questions pertaining to the challenge like this one

Better to stay on topic, so things aren't missed.

• Locked thread