Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dutchman flies to China to see online girlfriend, lives in airport for 10 days waiting for her to show

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/08/01/dutchman_girlfriend_airport_fail.php

quote:

Alexander Pieter Cirk, 41, was left heartbroken and stranded in the Changsha Huanghua International Airport after making the long journey from his home in Holland to surprise his 26-year-old online love interest.

After meeting two months ago on a social networking app, the couple have been infatuated with one another ever since. Or so this poor sod thought...

Fed up with the 4,500 kilometers of distance between them, Cirk finally decided to apply for a visa and hop on a plane to China, CCTV News reports. Upon his arrival, the woman, surnamed Zhang, was nowhere to be seen. So the hopeful man then decided to set up camp inside the terminal and wait, convinced that the object of his affection would eventually make an appearance.

Unfortunately, the woman was a no-show and after 10 days of patiently waiting around in the airport, Cirk was hospitalized for exhaustion.

Zhang contacted Hunan TV after hearing about what had happened. She explained that Cirk had sent her a photo of his flight information before his departure, but she had not understood the meaning of the picture. Before, they had decided they were going to wait a year until meeting, so evidently the spontaneity of Cirk's visit came as quite a shock. As always, communication is the key to a good relationship.

She says that she was unable to meet Cirk when he arrived in Changsha because she was out of town, undergoing cosmetic surgery in Zhengzhou, Henan province, SCMP reports.

Zhang told reporters that she is still interested in maintaining a relationship with Cirk and hopes to get back in contact with him. Meanwhile, Cirk has returned home with a heavy heart after his failure of a surprise visit. Oh,the pitfalls of online dating.
By Robin WInship

Do you have a sexy model Asian girlfriend who can do a lot better that can't wait to meet you, gbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

WHOA :captainpop:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

they already did this thread do you even search bro

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that woman wearing US colors is blaspheming imo

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785224&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
OK

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

they already did this thread do you even search bro

No iwas making my thread.... hmm

I guess this is goodbye, see you over there

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i like that posted:

No iwas making my thread.... hmm

i like you're av of kirk johsnon

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

i like you're av of kirk johsnon

Thanks.... I like ur av too

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

dutchman fails at sticking his finger in a dyke

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
if he had brought his laser printer things might have gone differently

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

that woman wearing US colors is blaspheming imo

STOLEN VALOR

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

ive heard of the flying dutchman, but this isnt what I had in mind!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I hope the cosmetic surgery was to become a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

I hope the cosmetic surgery was to become a man.

It was to become a woman

• Locked thread