Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Timbers with the big let down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

Timbers with the big let down

What else would you expect from a Timbers road game?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Looking forward to the 18 minutes of stoppage time

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
A minute for every fan in attendance!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Tied it up. 10 + stoppage left.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Nagbe with some fire

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Great goal to level. Really hoping the Timbers can get another. They look like the better team.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

please please win
meow meow meow

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Saprissa are loving lucky that the Timbers are extremely bad.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I cannot loving believe that angulo continues to troll other professional sporting teams

It absolutely boggles my mind

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Dallas is fuckin up

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

camoseven posted:

Dallas is fuckin up

I, for one, would be happy to draw Obscure Guatemalan Team in the QFs instead of the reigning Supporters' Shield champions (or, God forbid, UNAM.)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dallan Invictus posted:

I, for one, would be happy to draw Obscure Guatemalan Team in the QFs instead of the reigning Supporters' Shield champions (or, God forbid, UNAM.)

I have some bad news for you: Dallas isn't fuckin up anymore. On the other hand, UNAM still have to win tonight to make it through to the next round (they will definitely win tonight, though).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Are these games still officially streaming free online

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I think Pumas can get through with a draw - they have the tiebreaker over Progreso - but if they have to go through I want them to win (since a win means they get the 5 seed and whoever wins your group will most likely get the 8 seed (the goal-difference tiebreakers against Saprissa/NYRB do not favour either of you even if this game has a winner).

Luckily for me Pumas are going to win.

Seltzer posted:

Are these games still officially streaming free online

On Facebook Live I think?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

if Saprissa couldnt beat the awful awful timbers last night, then they should be the easiest draw for anyone

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

(the goal-difference tiebreakers against Saprissa/NYRB do not favour either of you even if this game has a winner).

Shows what I know. How did the reverse game end 0-0 anyway?

quote:

Luckily for me Pumas are going to win.

At least this one is still working out.

Simone Poodoin posted:

if Saprissa couldnt beat the awful awful timbers last night, then they should be the easiest draw for anyone

excuse me I think you'll find my bad team is the easiest draw (and somehow the top seed because the rest of our group was somehow EVEN WORSE and let us run up a perfect group record)

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 21, 2016

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
UNAM massacred W Connection after I went to bed, and now the quarterfinal matchups are set:

I think that if Vancouver and Dallas win it would guarantee and MLS team in the finals, since they would play each other in the semis due to seeding. Ok this is not correct for some reason. The winner of Vancouver/NYRB will play the winner of UNAM/Tigres, and the winner of Dallas/Arabe Unido plays the winner of Pachuca/Saprissa.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 21, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Red Bulls and Dallas are going to smash the one and two seeds respectively.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

UNAM/Tigres vs Pachuca final it is then

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

UNAM/Tigres vs Pachuca final it is then

lol. I think Dallas can definitely make it to the finals and I've deluded myself to thinking my team can beat TIgres/UNAM.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I will never give up the dream of an MLS team winning this stupid league.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I don't want any CR team to win it. I hate Saprissa, dislike LDA, Cartagines won't make it any time soon and I think it's hilarious that Herediano are the only one of the "big four" who haven't won this. Any other team in this joke league is very unlikely to make it, but if they do I will be happy if they do well, not the big four though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Are you a fan of any team in the CR league?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

No, I supported my local team Municipal Goicoechea when I was young but they were relegated to the second and then third division and finally folded like 15 years ago.

I trained (but never played) in their u17 squad but got kicked out for being late to practice and getting caught smoking outside the stadium, basically for being a dumbass teenager.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

camoseven posted:

I will never give up the dream of an MLS team winning this stupid league.

MLS teams have only won the CCL twice, and that was before it was a league format. Before the 2008-09 season, it was an eight-team knockout tournament, and even then one of the MLS teams that won never played a game against a Mexican team. Apart from the '98 Black-and-Red, there have been no good American teams ever.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

CaptainYesterday posted:

there have been no good American teams ever.

You could've just gone with this.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

CaptainYesterday posted:

MLS teams have only won the CCL twice, and that was before it was a league format. Before the 2008-09 season, it was an eight-team knockout tournament, and even then one of the MLS teams that won never played a game against a Mexican team. Apart from the '98 Black-and-Red, there have been no good American teams ever.

No MLS team has ever won the CCL, because before 08 it was called the Champion's Cup! And as you rightly point out, the Champion's Cup was not a league, but a tournament.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
CONCACAF Champions League format to change, so that the US, Mexico, and Canada go directly to a knockout stage.

https://twitter.com/CONCACAF/status/823557937977315328

e: Also, the qualifying stage is a tournament as well. Not much of a League, now, is it?

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 24, 2017

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Wow, that actually all seems really cool and good, except for the February - May schedule since MLS teams will still be in preseason mode for part of it. Even March - June would have been way better. But overall it's a huge improvement, I think.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I like the new format. Hopefully a CR team wins phase one a few times and they give us another spot on phase two.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Quarterfinals start tomorrow, and all games are on Univision Deportes (in Spanish). If you want it in English, it's on Facebook Live.

LEG 1

Tuesday
Saprissa vs. Pachuca, (9 pm ET)

Wednesday
Red Bull New York vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (8 pm ET)
UANL vs. UNAM (10 pm ET)

Thursday
FC Dallas vs. Árabe Unido (8 pm ET)

LEG 2

February 28
Pachuca vs. Saprissa (10 pm ET)

March 1
Árabe Unido vs. FC Dallas (8 pm ET)
UNAM vs. UANL (10 pm ET)

March 2
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Red Bull New York (10 pm ET)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Pachuca are going to put at least 5 past Saprissa and I will laugh

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I forgot about this fraudulent tournament, and my team is in it!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Facebook Live is incredibly lovely

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/834586389324894209

BWP just scored though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FC Dallas not looking too bad, I suppose!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

4-0 wins are nice to have!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Shinjobi posted:

They've won the right to be embarrassed by Pachuca!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Just turned this on and Vancouver has already scored lol

e: and Veron is off injured already. Not a great first 10 minutes for NYRB!

• Locked thread