Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
If we were to create a barrier for entry, let us say by charging people an arbitrary amount of money, like say $10, it would ensure we only get the best posters who take what they are saying seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Flesh Forge posted:

I think its very important to get people to cooperate on casting their votes for a candidate that cannot possibly win because that way things will CHANGE and my vote is totally not getting flushed down the toilet and helping the worst party/candidate combination the world has ever known :thumbsup:

let me explain the electoral college. See, in this system, your vote doesn't actually affect anything, so just vote for whoever.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I think offline astroturfing is also a problem and we haven't fixed that one either

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ruggan posted:

I think offline astroturfing is also a problem and we haven't fixed that one either

Yeah just the other week someone turned a lovely lake near me into a 5-a-side football pitch.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
we combat it with...memes, son

#dicksoutforharambe

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggan posted:

Every aspect of the US government is controlled by corporations

Every aspect of the US media is controlled by corporations

I think it's beyond fixing

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EugeneJ posted:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/09/david-brock-hillary-clinton-correct-the-record

How do we combat online campaigns bankrolled by millionaires that use sockpuppets to try and thought-police society on this forum and others?

D&D and C-SPAM threads have devolved to Hillary surrogates shouting talking points at each other and laughing.

The circle if someone who's not a Hillary supporter comes along to a thread usually looks like this:

I support Bernie
Well you support a losing candidate, you sexist bernout
But he had good policies that were better than Hillary's proposals
Did you not see Bernie endorse the true progressive candidate, Hillary Clinton?
Hillary isn't progressive and is going to start a war

And then they start posting pictures of food because they don't have a response.

The mods won't ban them, so how far is this going to go exactly? If Hillary loses, will the two major parties decide that astroturfing doesn't work and abandon it? Or will it get worse?

Can I pay my own army of nerd virgins to say that Lowtax raped and killed a girl in 1990?

shut the gently caress up

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gewt the gently caress out what even is this dumb bullshit go back yto D&D or hang yourself

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Kitchner posted:

Yeah just the other week someone turned a lovely lake near me into a 5-a-side football pitch.

My god...

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
has anyone on this site ever actually changed their mind based on any argument ever given in the political forums or threads?

:ssh: no, no one ever has

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Luvcow posted:

has anyone on this site ever actually changed their mind based on any argument ever given in the political forums or threads?

I changed my mind in a political debate once.

I started the debate thinking all monkies in sailor uniforms look like a Frenchman but was finally convince it's actually all French men look like a monkey in a sailor suit.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Kitchner posted:

I changed my mind in a political debate once.

I started the debate thinking all monkies in sailor uniforms look like a Frenchman but was finally convince it's actually all French men look like a monkey in a sailor suit.

thats a sad thread and that monkey didn't deserve to be hung :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
online astroturfing is stupid because anything said can be verified immediately and then it is quickly known who is just a shill troll bitch

Luvcow posted:

i do all the time. it's just that most of the time the arguments put forth in here aren't good ones or even based on reason or fact

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Ork of Fiction posted:

If they were being paid to post those things it would be less pathetic than the truth that they are not being paid to post those things.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I used to have fun in the cspam hill thread, then they started tv iving the convention in earnest.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary wants to ban violent video games and take all of our money.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Dave_Indeed posted:

It's probably for the best to be honest

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Kitchner posted:

It's probably for the best to be honest

Honesty is the best policy

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Dave_Indeed posted:

What's she gonna do with $147.27?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Dely Apple posted:

We got big fuckin' goons, packing big fuckin' katanas, ready to deal with SHILLARY and FLUMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdU-x0qMd2s

Check out the bazongas on that modern samurai :O

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Did I not say that Bullshit expands to fill the bandwidth available?
Burn your television, get off the net, make your own decision.

or throw your television out of the back of a speeding SUV, which is especially amusing if it's one of the big old CRT machines.
We actually did this on the 105 freeway in the seventies when it was first built, fresh and white and smooth as a baby's butt, not a single oil spot, out the back of a 1962 button-shift AMC gunboat station wagon with a leaky fuel tank. Giant big old tube 15 inch B/W RCA entertainment console five feet long. We were drunk as poo poo.
I had to use both legs to get a good hearty eject.
It tumbled and shattered into a cloud of deadly flying debris.
It was great.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 3, 2016

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/760553097987035136

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

The paywall keeps out the trolls. It's quite a nice wall we have.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

bar88537 posted:

The paywall keeps out the trolls. It's quite a nice wall we have.

We built a wall with a big fat door, to keep all the talented posters here, overall it is a system that works with the careful eyes of our Iron Fisted mods who watch our every poop stain on this digital canvass of posting.

:smugdon:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

p outrageous that people running to be the most powerful person on the planet have such large teams behing them imo

(limit election spending by law)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Although surely the republicans spent equal amounts of money astroturfing their candidates only to have Trump kick their asses anyway.

Could it be that grassroots support does trump everything?

:smugdon:

• Locked thread