Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cadwgan listened intently to the briefing before turning his attention to his new squadmates. This thought of working with other chapters was not daunting to him, this was not his first time after all with the Iron Hands only being one of nine chapters that had the honour of being part of the Damocles Crusade. Back then he had served along side the Black Templars and one of the Imperial Fists successors, but the Salamanders and Guardians of the Covenant were a new experience, and with the latter being from the far edge of the Imperium, he knew little beyond that they were a Dark Angels successor. In the end it mattered little, no chapter would second a battle brother that would embarrass them to the Deathwatch, so he was sure they would do fine. He was glad to be continuing to serve alongside Torias however; Other chapters just did not understand the need for bionics and it was nice that he would not have to deal with any distain other Apothecaries might harbour.

"I suggest we see if there is any more current intelligence on the disposition of the ground forces before we choose the first target. The Captain's briefing had little practical information. If the Orks have truly charged headlong at the hab domes, they are obviously a priority as it would not do to allow the resources Achilus needs to be destroyed. If they broke through the space blockade and immediately engaged the Tau on the ground I feel they are less of a concern. The Tau are a damnably intelligent lot, they are more likely to notice the Ork warboss being assassinated than the reverse, and once that happens they are likely to increase security around their Ethereal. Given the flexibility to do so I feel there is merit in striking the Tau before they know we are there.

That said I second the notion of the Razorback. Unless we are intending on going in in scout armor the Land Speeder would be a bit cozy for the six of us."

After the briefing I'll head to the Tower of Brass (I'm assuming that's the most appropriate place anyway) to seek out anyone with any intelligence on the deployment of the Tau and Orks on the surface, as well as anyone that can give any more current information on the Tau vehicles/battlesuits so that I might prepare for the mission properly. I'll also head to the apothecarium to get the installation of a bionic respiratory system installed- given the toxic environment and the fact that Cadwgan is still convinced he can hear a rattle in his chest after his recent injuries, now seems as good a time as any to get those pesky lungs replaced.

Requisitions (Final):
10 Bionic Respiratory System
10 Recoil Baffling for the heavy bolter
20 Metal Storm clip for heavy bolter
05 Chainsword
15 Nova Grenades
03 Magnoculars
05 Pict Recorder
03 Astartes Grapnel
04 Astartes Harness
05 Cluster Mines
00 Extra ammo for heavy bolter
00 3 extra krak grenades
00 Extra repair cement

pre:
Name: Cadwgan
Chapter: Iron Hands
Speciality: Devastator Marine
Demeanours: Stoic, Iron and Hate
Past: Tank Gunner

Characteristics:

WS:   43 = 30 + 13
BS:   55 = 30 + 15 + 5 (Chapter) + 5 (Armour)
S:    58 = 30 + 08 + 20 (Armour)
T:    60 = 30 + 20 + 5 (Chapter) + 5 (Advance)
Agi:  41 = 30 + 11
Int:  42 = 30 + 12
Per:  38 = 30 + 08
WP:   41 = 30 + 11
Fel:  35 = 30 + 05

Wounds: 20
FP: 3/3
Insanity:   0
Corruption: 0
Renown: 0

Movement: 5/10/15/30

Skills:
Awareness
Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
Climb
Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, Deathwatch, War)
Concealment
Dodge
Drive (Ground Vehicle)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Intimidate
Literacy
Navigation (Surface)
Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes)
Silent Move
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)
Tactics (Armoured Tactics)

Talents:
Astartes Weapons Training
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Killing Strike
Unarmed Warrior
True Grit
Quick Draw
Nerves of Steel
Unarmed Master
Heightened Sense (Sound, Sight)
Resistance (Psychic)
Mighty Shot
Deathwatch Training

Traits:
Space Marine Implants
Unnatural Strength x 2
Unnatural Toughness x 2

Abilities:
Immovable Warrior
Suffer No Weakness (Solo)
Ruthless Advance (Attack)
Strength of Iron (Defensive)

Armour: 
Mk7 "Aquila" Pattern Power Armour (Arms 8, Body 10, Head 8, Legs 8)
History: None shall escape the Emperor's Wrath

Weapons: 
Astartes Bolt Pistol (30m; S/2/-; 1d10+11 X; Pen 4; Clip 14; Reload Full; Tearing)
Astartes Heavy Bolter (150m; -/-/6; 1d10+14 X; Pen 5; Clip 60; Reload Full; Tearing)
Frag Grenade (24m; S/-/-; 2d10+2 X; Pen 0; Clip ; Reload ; Blast (5))
Astartes Krak Grenade (24m; S/-/-; 3d10+6 X; Pen 6; Clip ; Reload)
Astartes Combat Knife (1d10+10 R; Pen 2)

Gear: 
Repair Cement

Cybernetics:
Exceptional craftsmanship bionic hand (left)

Azhais fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Cadwgan

"We should make those Nova cannons a top priority. If the Orks manage to get those things firing it will make everything we do on this planet harder, and as Brother Tsavo says there is a good chance Big Mek is there anyway. Not to mention if one of those blasted Orks decides to use the shells as target practice anyone looking out a window back on Erioch would see the explosion. I suggest we head for Outpost Aleph; Their advanced augury systems should be able to get us more precise information as to the location of our targets, and we should make sure the local commanders have troops prepared to secure the site after we clear it. Then head directly for the emplacements. From there we will have a good view of the Ork encampment to plan the next assaut."

• Locked thread