Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Eddain posted:

I've seen Echo cast Hastening on me during random rounds, giving me one more Action Point. Haven't used Tonberry enough to see what he does.

Tonberry uses Elemental Gift and you get a few orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Echophonic posted:

Tonberry uses Elemental Gift and you get a few orbs.

All of the spirits are exactly the same and give the same gifts. The different skins are purely cosmetic.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Eddain posted:

*magicite changes*

Well that's pretty much all I needed to keep playing this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Edit: Launched the game, and it said it needed to download additional data.

Update info is on Facebook:

Latest update:
The valid period of magicite is removed! To confirm your magicite status, please go to "ETC" -> "Magicite Purchase Info".

Thank you all for your support! Please keep on playing #MOBIUSFF!

Rafza posted:

e: also jokemaster mods, i literally couldn't think of anything funny with mobius so if you think of something change the title, thank in adv

While it's not funny, how about Mobius Final Fantasy - Finally! A Gacha Game Where Rerolling Doesn't Matter!?

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 5, 2016

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.
I was looking at the info available about this game, and I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that you should absolutely avoid spending any tickets at the moment- the jobs unlocked later are "better" in a nominal sense of having more utility ults, and there's always power creep, but the job set we have now doesn't actually appear meaningfully worse- their ultimate abilities are a little more straightforward (and their weapon abilities seem simpler.)

I personally would say anyone who wants to roll on a job should, and should prioritize that over anything else they could accumulate summon tickets for. The difference between the starter jobs and the full jobs is huge, but the difference between the full jobs we have now and the full jobs coming down the line doesn't seem particularly large unless you know there's some class or set you just *have* to have.

Does anyone know any specific reason why the up-and-coming jobs are supposed to be better, aside from "they will be newer?"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Valefor is at max level. How do I evolve it?

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

My Valefor is at max level. How do I evolve it?

You need two Growstars and to finish the first chapter. Growstars are awarded occasionally for things, can be bought one per month with the Mobius Gift Package, or you get one for logging in 14 out of every 18 days.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
After you have finished chapter one yout unlock the awakening tab for your cards, this tells you what you need to star them up. They do not have to be max level to do thid, but for any 3 star to bump to a 4 star requires two grow stars. These only come from the monthly box, the weekly login completion, gm gifts, or the item store. They Are Very expensive/rare.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alright. I got a free one today for the Facebook Event. So I just need to finish Chapter 1, and wait for Day 14. Thanks!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

BlondRobin posted:

I was looking at the info available about this game, and I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that you should absolutely avoid spending any tickets at the moment- the jobs unlocked later are "better" in a nominal sense of having more utility ults, and there's always power creep, but the job set we have now doesn't actually appear meaningfully worse- their ultimate abilities are a little more straightforward (and their weapon abilities seem simpler.)

I personally would say anyone who wants to roll on a job should, and should prioritize that over anything else they could accumulate summon tickets for. The difference between the starter jobs and the full jobs is huge, but the difference between the full jobs we have now and the full jobs coming down the line doesn't seem particularly large unless you know there's some class or set you just *have* to have.

Does anyone know any specific reason why the up-and-coming jobs are supposed to be better, aside from "they will be newer?"

I think the argument I heard was that there are (at least on the Japanese version) jobs that are only available to roll for a limited time, so save your tickets for those. But the jobs that are available now are good too, do do whatever you want.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Inkel posted:

I think the argument I heard was that there are (at least on the Japanese version) jobs that are only available to roll for a limited time, so save your tickets for those. But the jobs that are available now are good too, do do whatever you want.

I did notice there were some gimmicky reference-jobs like "Soldier 1st Class" or "Goddess' Knight" which were only available in certain campaigns, but they were literally gimmicks since they don't have access to an upgrade system for jobs that doesn't exist here yet (though they might have really good weapons to pick up?)

However, if some generic jobs were also limited time, or if the gimmick jobs had super-desirable weapons, that'd make sense. Thanks!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The named event jobs came much later so I wouldn't expect those.

The reasoning to sit on ability tickets is that only 3* stuff is available now. We will get 4* shortly.

The reasoning to sit on job tickets is if you want the rest of the types of jobs here in a week. Knight is technically a defender warrior. Dark Knight is the attacker warrior but isn't available right now. Same with white mage that is available now but not black mage.

Beyond that it will turn into power creep through limit breaks, auto abilities, stat spreads and etc. But you'll probably be waiting a while, but that only makes sense cause we know the future from the JP release.

Thankfully if you don't know what you like you can just evolve the starter classes through grinding to try the weaker versions out.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Is there any way to increase skill level through fusion besides fusing the same type of card?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

So let me ask a mechanics question:

So I have a 1 star ability card - Dust Mage. Its at max level 8, and its ability Lesser Blizzard is at the max of 2 as well. Skill seeds read 1/4 unlocked, and some of the nodes are blinking.

So what's the next step for this guy? As far as I can tell, fusing wouldn't get me much. I could just replace it with one of the 3/4 star cards I've drawn, but I feel like my card storage is going to be filled with 1 star cards until I know what to do with them.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

SettingSun posted:

So let me ask a mechanics question:

So I have a 1 star ability card - Dust Mage. Its at max level 8, and its ability Lesser Blizzard is at the max of 2 as well. Skill seeds read 1/4 unlocked, and some of the nodes are blinking.

So what's the next step for this guy? As far as I can tell, fusing wouldn't get me much. I could just replace it with one of the 3/4 star cards I've drawn, but I feel like my card storage is going to be filled with 1 star cards until I know what to do with them.

That guy on his own isn't super great, but you can do a number of things with him:

You can fuse him to other cards of the same element, giving a chance to unlock the card you fuse into's skill seeds, which gives you more skill seeds per victory (which you use to level up your jobs) as well as a small amount of exp.

You can augment him once you complete chapter 1, which will increase his ability; once he reaches 3*, he will just have Blizzard, which you can then combine to other cards with abilities named Blizzard to level them up (and all future ones you draw will automatically be 3*).

or you can sell them for gil, which you need to fuse cards.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Fair enough. I'll just continue through chapter 1 and see what I can accomplish after that. Thanks!

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Fenris13 posted:

This is correct, those 9ticket cards are all obsolete after less than a week of playing. I wish I had those 27 tickets back already. As for buying 3 ticket cards vs 38 ticket cards, if you buy one for 3 tickets now you can later spend 35 more to max it out just as if you had bought it for 37. This is done in the card fusion tab.

The monk job shows up eventually, probably 3 to 4 months from now. The Thief job will be in the gatcha in 2 weeks.

What do you mean by "9 ticket cards". The ability cards? The job cards?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

What do you mean by "9 ticket cards". The ability cards? The job cards?

There's three ability cards in the shop that, if you choose "Max Boost" at the bottom, cost 9 tickets to buy. A lot of people (myself included) bought all three of the 9 ticket max boost cards with the 28 starting tickets.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Twelve by Pies posted:

There's three ability cards in the shop that, if you choose "Max Boost" at the bottom, cost 9 tickets to buy. A lot of people (myself included) bought all three of the 9 ticket max boost cards with the 28 starting tickets.

OK, i'm glad i didn't notice that because i might have totally done that. I just bought all the cards i needed without boosting them and I have a ton of ability tickets left over. I guess i'll wait!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So I've finally determined what exactly is the negative effect of bringing cards not suited to your class. If you use a card of a different class, the attack won't deal nearly as much damage to the Break gauge as a card of the correct class.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
On the Decks screen, if you click the Abilities icon next to Auto and Skillseeds totals, it'll bring up the exact specifics on what your deck's abilities will do, including numerical values on each Ability's Attack, Break Power, Crit Chance values as well as any bonuses those specific cards are receiving from your deck construction/job. From this I was able to find out that Venom Swirl from my Succubus does 12% more damage than Shiva's Blizzaga, but that Shiva's Blizzaga has at least 50% more break power impact than Venom Swirl.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
There is a stat called magic for each class, this stat is % based and only applies to cards of that class. It also gets very high, like 200+ when you hit the currentire level cap. It applies to both damage and break, so in class cards end up doing 3x the damage/break value.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Apparently if you spend Summon Tickets on a 4* summon, you get 12 Ability Tickets as a bonus. I went ahead and used a 4x summon since it seems like Max Boosting summon only cards from the shop is the only real way to level up their abilities for a while (unless they introduce a Cactuar for abilities).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is it just me, or does this game eat battery worse than Pokémon GO?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Kheldarn posted:

Is it just me, or does this game eat battery worse than Pokémon GO?
It's not just you. I am worried I'm going to completely fry the battery in my brand new phone because of the number of charge cycles I'm doing due to those 2 games

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The whole cards/ability summon system in this game is confusing as poo poo. The worst part is that when you go into the ability shop the cards are labeled as their names instead the actual abilities they give. I just want to buy Earthblast or whatever but I have no idea which one that is. Also I can't even figure out how to effectively use the gatcha. There's all kinds of qualifications to use it, multiple currencies for the gatcha that combine somehow? Magicite accumulates but expires and then splits it's consumption if you have tickets :psyduck:

Even though this game is a lot more fun, FFBE is laid out much smarter and is a lot more intuitive all around. I'm kind of surprised how confusing this game is once you get outside the actual battle system.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Does anyone know how much stamina the levels in the Shrine of Trials cost? I have 3 Mystic Tablets, but I only have 20 Stamina right now and I don't want to go if the levels have high costs.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

McSpankWich posted:

The whole cards/ability summon system in this game is confusing as poo poo.

Long tap on any card at any time to open it and look at its details.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Does anyone know how much stamina the levels in the Shrine of Trials cost? I have 3 Mystic Tablets, but I only have 20 Stamina right now and I don't want to go if the levels have high costs.

3 I think? It's not much, but I wouldn't go in there without full stamina/an elixir since the point is to collect as many cactaur as possible.

Meanwhile, the weekly score ladder is mildly addicting in trying to one-up my previous score. Top of the ladder has pushed past 1,000,000 score, which still is out of reach, but I'm starting to see how that's at least possible once I passed 600k.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 6, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My best so far is only 181k, which was nice. Then again I'm still using the starter jobs, I'm sure I could deal more damage if I pulled a job from the gatcha.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
White Mage is helping me a bit I'm sure, but a lot of it seems to be coming down to what you do in combat. Finding a stage with a good number of medium/large enemies, not very many 2 hit kill mobs that you can't Break since they die too fast, or a stage with a double boss (original boss + wandering invade) and then making sure to consistently break and kill with opposing elements.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

The whole cards/ability summon system in this game is confusing as poo poo. The worst part is that when you go into the ability shop the cards are labeled as their names instead the actual abilities they give. I just want to buy Earthblast or whatever but I have no idea which one that is. Also I can't even figure out how to effectively use the gatcha. There's all kinds of qualifications to use it, multiple currencies for the gatcha that combine somehow? Magicite accumulates but expires and then splits it's consumption if you have tickets :psyduck:

Even though this game is a lot more fun, FFBE is laid out much smarter and is a lot more intuitive all around. I'm kind of surprised how confusing this game is once you get outside the actual battle system.

There's a very powerful filter that you can customize by hitting the 'Job' filter with the 1/2/3 tabs. You can pick each tab, and within each tab, set multiple filters. So you could filter by job first, then element, or in deck first, then job, then rarity, or whatever.

You can also change the visible info to see skills etc.

The UI definitely takes some learning, but it has lots of useful info and tools once you get to grips with it.

I will say it feels like this game was built for a tablet plugged into a charger - when you're roaming, I'd say cut the resolution and (especially) the framerate. The latter combined with lowering screen brightness seemed to help it from totally killing my battery when on the go.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

This is correct, those 9ticket cards are all obsolete after less than a week of playing. I wish I had those 27 tickets back already. As for buying 3 ticket cards vs 38 ticket cards, if you buy one for 3 tickets now you can later spend 35 more to max it out just as if you had bought it for 37. This is done in the card fusion tab.

The monk job shows up eventually, probably 3 to 4 months from now. The Thief job will be in the gatcha in 2 weeks.

Given the diminishing returns on ability leveling, spending the outright 38 for max boost is probably better than buying them in singles.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Eddain posted:

Given the diminishing returns on ability leveling, spending the outright 38 for max boost is probably better than buying them in singles.

What I am saying is you don't have to buy them in singles, if you buy the first one for 3 because you don't have 38 or aren't committed to spend 38 on an ability yet. You can later on go into the fusion tab, click on ticket fusion and use the remaining 35 tickets to max the card out, without buying any more singles of the card.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Are there no more Summon tickets after the batch the game throws at you in the first chapter? Was hoping to build up to enough to take a spin for a Job but if my only option is to wait for Magicite accumulation I might just get a box.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

You occasionally get Summon Tickets as rewards for beating story levels, but you don't get a lot more.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So the initial batch of abilities you can only get in the store is just those 30, is that right?

If that's the case is it worthwhile to just grab all 30 at 3 ability tickets each and then play around with them all before leveling favorites?

Are those the same 30 abilities that you can get in the summon shop maxed out, no others unique to that part of the store?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I would note that if you augment an ability from the shop to 4* (or you draw a 4* version of an shop ability), it gets added to the shop as a purchaseable 4* for 5 tickets. I have both Ifrita and Cait Sith 4* versions available for purchase.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So if you happen to have drawn multiple jobs that share the same weapon type, it's probably a good idea to look at their weapons and invest skillseeds into both jobs, because you can tailor your weapon choice to the job you really like.

Case in point, I remembered that I drew Mage along with the White Mage I'm using. White Mage, for whatever reason, has a weapon whose passive effect is to Moderately Increase Earth Orb generation. Considering mage earth abilities are...less than stellar at the moment, I took a look over at the Mage's staff and what do you know: Moderately Increase Water Orb generation. Now, it's not the Fire Orbs I'd prefer, but poo poo I'd take that in a heartbeat over Earth Orbs. Bonus is that the White Mage weapon starts with a * in Crit Chance while the Mage staff begins with a * in Speed. So now my White Mage has 5 actions per turn in exchange for 1* crit chance instead of 2*. The other stat differences between the two weapons at the same panel tier are miniscule, a few points of attack or break down change here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Has anybody drawn an Ability card that wasn't originally in the shop?

• Locked thread