Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lol Major Isoor FTW. Best new recruit this year by a wide margin.
He reminds me of Benny D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I want Control Volume adn Commoners to post more.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im a major isoor fan

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's okay. He's just flaming you for being new. Post lowercase and call brazillians "taco niggers" like Larry and I'm sure you will fit in. I already like you more than Larry already :D

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I haven't really seen the other recruits post much at all, except Unfunny Poster who I've seen a couple times (btw... If you're reading this you may want to look into applying for a username change. The whole 'self-deprecation' shtick doesn't really fit well here. Maybe something funny and quirky like HappyFunGamer 2)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I haven't really seen the other recruits post much at all, except Unfunny Poster who I've seen a couple times (btw... If you're reading this you may want to look into applying for a username change. The whole 'self-deprecation' shtick doesn't really fit well here. Maybe something funny and quirky like HappyFunGamer 2)

I've seen them all post I believe here and there

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Black Baby Goku posted:

I've seen them all post I believe here and there

they are taking their baby steps and i can appreciate starting slow

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i will strive to post more, and better even

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rafza posted:

Thank you. remember: if you want to flame someone, go ahead. Maybe Larry and then work up to Plutonis. Be careful of flaming senior regs however, or you may find yourself in over your head

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Rafza posted:

Oh yeah, you too. Good work so far.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Black Baby Goku posted:

Thank you. remember: if you want to flame someone, go ahead. Maybe Larry and then work up to Plutonis. Be careful of flaming senior regs however, or you may find yourself in over your head

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh yeah, you too. Good work so far.

thank you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's be clear... I'm the taco friend of the family, not other people

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol. Classic Larry

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Homework Explainer posted:

they are taking their baby steps and i can appreciate starting slow

thank you. i will continue to work up the courage and devotion to make the funniest posts i can make in the imp zone

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoderman posted:

thank you. i will continue to work up the courage and devotion to make the funniest posts i can make in the imp zone

Thank You

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
In an effort to post more here's a confession: when I was a kid I couldn't get past the first level of donkey kong country because I was weirdly afraid of the enemies so I would just go left and jump around in the treehouse

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Antoine Silvere posted:

In an effort to post more here's a confession: when I was a kid I couldn't get past the first level of donkey kong country because I was weirdly afraid of the enemies so I would just go left and jump around in the treehouse

The Make-Your-Own-Fun Gamer

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i didn't get more than 6 hours into mgsv. i like and have beaten the other mgs games

the mgs thread is convincing me to give it another shake though so i'll do that after smt4 and p5

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
six hours seems like a weird point to stop playing a game. it's not like, oh, i played it for an hour or two and i didn't like it, but it feels a little early to be burned out...

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Make-Your-Own-Fun Gamer

Hahaha

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

PleasingFungus posted:

six hours seems like a weird point to stop playing a game. it's not like, oh, i played it for an hour or two and i didn't like it, but it feels a little early to be burned out...

it was me trying to figure out if i didn't like the opening few hours or what but 6 hours was the point where i said okay im not enjoying this and prob won't

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
How you could not enjoy MGS:V, especially the beginning is baffling.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Bill Barber posted:

How you could not enjoy MGS:V, especially the beginning is baffling.

the hospital opening was cool and exciting

the intro to the open world map didn't grab me is what im getting at

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Antoine Silvere posted:

I did this even though I wasn't afraid.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
My gaming confession: too busy playing Overwatch to post.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Antoine Silvere posted:

I played through the first level of disneys Lion King tens of times but the music for the second level was too scary so I'd just stop there

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

this was the amiga version so the second level was the elephant graveyard not the just can't wait to be king level.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
level 2 in the Sega version of lion king was a brick wall for me bc I kept mistiming the double jump during the ostrich ride

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
That game and the loving Scooby Doo game on the SNES were nightmares where only the first level could ever be completed. The slide on the second level in Scooby Doo was impossible.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Action Tortoise posted:

level 2 in the Sega version of lion king was a brick wall for me bc I kept mistiming the double jump during the ostrich ride

I forget where I read it but there was some interview with people who worked on that game and they basically said that even the QA people could barely beat it, but there wasn't time to make it better and it at least was technically possible so it didn't get changed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that lion king game would make good avgn material cause it was poo poo out of my rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I did this even though I wasn't afraid.

I was weirdly entranced by the banana hut and did the same. Seeing it fully realised in dk64 was... *kiss chef face*

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Also note: I am the good larry. Please do not own me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Also note: I am the good larry. Please do not own me.

I think youre just the OK Larry.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh banana

Soral
May 30, 2009

both larrys are my friend

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I read Major Isoor's long rear end post and it was a good story.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Black Baby Goku posted:

lol. Classic Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Antoine Silvere posted:

When I was a kid I called the little secret hole things Hairy Holes in front of my cousins girlfriend while he was playing it and he threw me across the cellar and whipped action figures at me and the dos a stone cold stunner to me in the pool.

• Locked thread