Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Volume posted:

I've never bothered to 100% a game or collect all the trophies/achievements.

I have no remorse.

oh dude

if youve got a flamesuit, now might be the time to put it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i gave up at the Dark World Dr Fetus final boss level in Super Meat Boy. I tried to beat it all day and couldn't and I've never played the game since.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

oh dude

if youve got a flamesuit, now might be the time to put it on

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoy David Cage's games. Sure they're all flawed in major ways but it's a fun experience that's different than most other video games. Too bad he can't get it right like Until Dawn did.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
No loving way dude. David Cage games? ...Seriously? Um, yeah. Okay. :stare:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

when Spore came out, I was so insanely twisted that I designed a penis monster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lost woods boss in LTTP is kicking my rear end lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The lost woods boss in LTTP is kicking my rear end lol
You have to dodge and then press the attack button.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That boss is a dick because it fucks with how you can move around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

That boss is a dick because it fucks with how you can move around.

I beat it. I think the only thing I don't like about LTTP is that the flying enemies have weird hitboxes that don't match with their sprite because they're flying

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sound s lkike you need to get good and not be a failtard

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i looked up that boss and now i remmeber him and it's a fucktard. iirc u can get the level 3 sword before u fight it which makes it easier. well, i gues syou beat it now so it doens't matter

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

sound s lkike you need to get good and not be a failtard

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i looked up that boss and now i remmeber him and it's a fucktard. iirc u can get the level 3 sword before u fight it which makes it easier. well, i gues syou beat it now so it doens't matter

I beat him with the fire rod because I figured it was weak to fire since it was a bug but I don't know if that's true

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i cant remember what i did last time but i remember i cheesed the hell out of that fight and won extremely quickly with no skill whatsoever

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I beat him with the fire rod because I figured it was weak to fire since it was a bug but I don't know if that's true
Always use the dungeon item on bosses, in Zelda games.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i looked up the boss and i remember now. i used a bee and the fire rod and just tanked the hits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Used, a bee :raise: ?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also just took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how to open the Gargoyle dungeon. Im sad that this will be the last new zelda game ill experience until 5 months from now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

it attacks them

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
in addition to looking up the location of the blue ring in zelda 1 second qurest I had to look up how to get into level 6. I know that this is technically a gaming fail, but really how were you supposed to know about that. you don't even get a vague hint from the old man

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
mad props to the people who beat adventure/rpg games without guides back in the day.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

It also just took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how to open the Gargoyle dungeon. Im sad that this will be the last new zelda game ill experience until 5 months from now
It's the best one. You're lucky.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've never played a Metal Gear game.
Or CoD.
Or anything by Bioware outside of the first couple hours of BG2.

Probably a bunch of other series I'm forgetting

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Play metal gear. Don't play anything by bioware

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

in addition to looking up the location of the blue ring in zelda 1 second qurest I had to look up how to get into level 6. I know that this is technically a gaming fail, but really how were you supposed to know about that. you don't even get a vague hint from the old man

What was the entrace

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I l8ek icewind dale 2 but idr if thays bioware or black isle

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

What was the entrace

on one of the graveyard screens you have to play the recorder to make the entrance appear. as far as I know there is nothing to indicate that you're supposed to do this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

you catch a bee with the bug net and send it out to murk enemies. link's power is immeasurable in lttp

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

on one of the graveyard screens you have to play the recorder to make the entrance appear. as far as I know there is nothing to indicate that you're supposed to do this

If you were an 80s kid now a 55 yo kid youd remember buring/pushing/fluting/bombing every screen onn the zelda ovetworld to find stuff or beging mom amd dad to call the nintendo hint li e at 3 dollars a minute

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Golden bee win

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

If you were an 80s kid now a 55 yo kid youd remember buring/pushing/fluting/bombing every screen onn the zelda ovetworld to find stuff or beging mom amd dad to call the nintendo hint li e at 3 dollars a minute

i've already been burning and pushing and bombing, I had no idea fluting was something I would have to do every screen. I've been drawing maps and keeping notes and poo poo. O_o

it's been fun but there was absolutley no way I would've found level 6.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

you catch a bee with the bug net and send it out to murk enemies. link's power is immeasurable in lttp

i dont even have a bug net :teardrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:sweatdrop:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
go talk to the sick kid or w/e

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In A Link to the Past, the Golden Bee, originally known as the Good Bee in the SNES version,

the good bee

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

i dont even have a bug net :teardrop:

you can get it the first time you go to kakariko village

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

This gabagool cant even capture fairies da fugg proba ly doesnt even have bottles what a rube

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

This gabagool cant even capture fairies da fugg proba ly doesnt even have bottles what a rube

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

its a gamer fail if ive ever seen one

• Locked thread