Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Yeesh some of them look emotionally devastated being there.

Except for Ms. Alagoas :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

people hate on the chinese as rude tourists, but did anybody consider that if you visit a place like brazil you should be? I imagine you get in trouble as a tourist for being armed.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

cheesetriangles posted:

Finally some good news. Did you see him at E3 in 2015?

Like I said in the last thread I think?

Dude is more likely to try and eat the torch thinking its an ice cream cone than to light the big flame. He aint all there in body or mind.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

most videos and gifs out of brazil feature wanton death. correct this.

Also BOPE is just not getting enough love

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ms. Tocantins is an embarrassing entrant. Must be some form of protest candidate. Def. not worth the second bum in BumBum.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not sure if it was true in this case but a lot of photo journalists actually own all their own equipment. It's not provided by the company they are working for. Should have been like a diplomatic courier and kept it in your hands at all times. It was probably insured but he isn't going to get gear anytime soon.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This might be the first time I ever actually watch anything Olympics related because holy gently caress what a poo poo show.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
goastse

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 5, 2016

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

That sums things up nicely, mhm.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
how long until the opening ceremony now?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
4 hours 40 minutes i think

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Will BBC tape delay like NBC will?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
http://www.slate.com/blogs/five_ring_circus/2016/08/04/allison_stokke_is_the_most_popular_pole_vaulter_in_the_world_is_that_a_problem.html

Athelete is attractive and that's problematic. Slate gonna slate

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm not sure if it was true in this case but a lot of photo journalists actually own all their own equipment. It's not provided by the company they are working for. Should have been like a diplomatic courier and kept it in your hands at all times. It was probably insured but he isn't going to get gear anytime soon.

This depends largely on the agency, speaking as a former journalist. Larger organizations like NYT or NBC provide gear, while wire services like Reuters and AP use freelancers with their own equipment.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

I'm bemused by the author bringing up Stokke's "Disney princess olive skin". Either this remark is utterly meaningless - literally every skin color has been shared by a Disney princess - or it is simply bizarre racism. It's just nonsense.

The reality is that nobody outside of pole vaulting cares about pole vaulters, except for that one who had become a meme some years ago.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
is there a free working VPN for bbc? i tried hola but looks like they blocked it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TheWeepingHorse posted:

I'm bemused by the author bringing up Stokke's "Disney princess olive skin". Either this remark is utterly meaningless - literally every skin color has been shared by a Disney princess - or it is simply bizarre racism. It's just nonsense.

The reality is that nobody outside of pole vaulting cares about pole vaulters, except for that one who had become a meme some years ago.

Yeah, that line stood out to me as well. And it's outrage for outrage's sake. Sexy people are more popular than ugly people. It happens. That's why Ryan Lochte ended up on 30 Rock and dozen other loving guest spots, over horseface Phelps.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Will BBC tape delay like NBC will?

lol

https://twitter.com/StacyStClair/status/761643296590528512

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
If the Slate journalist thinks people like Stokke because they enjoy pole vaulting, I've got some news for him that will rock his world

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Judge Schnoopy posted:

If the Slate journalist thinks people like Stokke because they enjoy pole vaulting, I've got some news for him that will rock his world
I've got a wall full of Sergei Bubka's boudoir photography that says otherwise.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's a clean transparent version with the "B" cleaned up.

An avatar version

And a potential gang tag-sized version of the Biolympics symbol.

I'm gonna make a gif with it saying RIOHAZARDS as a gang tag, give me til Monday

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The nation of England is a nation of horse girls.

This was the music for an advert shown nationally in the UK

The idiot writing it was wrong, it's I LOVE HORSES BEST OF ALL THE ANIMALS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUvX7RiDUjs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TheWeepingHorse posted:

I'm pretty sure that was Stokke

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

Seriously, these kids stealing the phones and reselling? for $10 online are going to be hitting the jackpot. Why would you tote 40K of camera around, alone, in Brazil.

On the other hand, has anyone posted in the photography subforum and told them that there are going to be a whole bunch of super-cheap professional lenses on ebay over the next few weeks?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Probably safer than walking.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Brazil, where hearts are entertaining you, we walked beneath an amber moon, we kissed, you must remember *gets shot*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Colostomy Bag posted:

Did you see her profile pic?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

The mugging video showed that those kids have plenty of hops, and will still snatch your phone as you sit on the bus

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hardawn posted:

The mugging video showed that those kids have plenty of hops, and still snatch your phone as you sit on the bus
ya those are my favorite

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Apparently the long-suffering Nigerian men's soccer team was rewarded for beating Japan with having the wrong anthem played.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nigeria-soccer-team-welcomed-to-rio-with-wrong-anthem-064505223.html?nhp=1

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

embarrasing tank posted:

If any of you actually read that thread you would know why we have this one.
i was like 30 pages behind when it closed, zika moves fast :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Darth123123 posted:

Did you see her profile pic?

Are you implying she might not be Ms. BumBum material?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Apparently the long-suffering Nigerian men's soccer team was rewarded for beating Japan with having the wrong anthem played.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nigeria-soccer-team-welcomed-to-rio-with-wrong-anthem-064505223.html?nhp=1

drat, that would have been a good bringo box suggestion.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I am going to miss like the first hour and a half of the opening. I'll catch the highlights on CNN like someone else said though, is all good. Stupid work...

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
looking at google, it says the opening ceremonies start at 7pm

if i tune it to nbc at the start of the ceremonies, do i want to tune in at 7 or at 8? Stupid nbc delay is confusing me

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Madcosby posted:

if i tune it to nbc at the start of the ceremonies, do i want to tune in at 7 or at 8? Stupid nbc delay is confusing me

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking 8 since it is delayed 1 hour.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Madcosby posted:

Looks like NBC will start 30 minutes before the opening ceremony, but on a 1 hour delay

So if the opening ceremonies start at 7 PM your time, tune in at 7:30 for NBC's coverage

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Madcosby posted:

The NBC app on my Roku says 7:30 eastern as the start time for the opening ceremony (tape delayed to that time for all time zones but central. Poor central time. So neglected)

I'm heading out to a bar to watch it with some friends tonight. Going to come up with some drinking game rules based around it being a shitshow, and fully expect to be ubering home.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I assure you all that if I had a better upload than 100kpbs I'd stream the CBC feed for any goon trapped as a victim of NBC's attempts to coverup what could be such a spectacular series of avoidable failures.

Don't wait to watch their garbage Lauer-heavy coverage. There will be live streams everywhere starting at 7pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
are there not pirate sites that pop up specifically to stream the olympics? my friend watches all sorts of weirdass US hockey teams from other people who plug their hd recievers to a capture card or whatever since they dont show those games up here on regular cable i guess?

• Locked thread