Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Betting that trump hate equals a symbolic wall being torn down to show love & sport transcending all. The IOC would never allow anything too edgy in their twee pageants.

Aside form lighting a bunch of birds on fire, they probably rehearsed that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

You can't not pay your employees and pretend to be any better than Trump.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Goddamn 2016 is amazingly bad. I love it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
They wheel on a Zika baby with an orange wig, and build a wall around it.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Hardawn posted:

https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/761635384551931904?s=09

Sorry says trump will hate it, whatever that means

Nothing will work correctly, then the stadium will collapse in on itself. Trump will hate it because, as much of a raving madman he is, his buildings are functional as buildings.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I just want some pretty bums.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

tetsul posted:

Nothing will work correctly, then the stadium will collapse in on itself. Trump will hate it because, as much of a raving madman he is, his buildings are functional as buildings.

he'll fly into a jealous rage during a dance tribute to Rio's regulatory leniency

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Yeah generally if you're gonna throw stones at someone, you should have a working functional civilization.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

cheesetriangles posted:

I just want some pretty bums.

We all do. This statement should unify us all.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

do we have some kind of stream of the impending disaster?

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

A raucous dance number is suddenly interrupted. Nobody knows what's going on. Concern. Whispers among the audiance. Then, the City Fire Warden, flanked on both sides by uniformed police officers, pushes his way on stage. He's handed the microphone.

"I'm shutting down this show" He shouts. "Blocked egress, untested fire suppression, and insufficient alarm systems put everyone's lives at immediate ris-

A clown squirts him in the face with seltzer. The Samba resumes, triumphant! The warden is not humiliated for long though. Dancers pull him into a conga line. He throws off his hat. Life's a party.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

A raucous dance number is suddenly interrupted. Nobody knows what's going on. Concern. Whispers among the audiance. Then, the City Fire Warden, flanked on both sides by uniformed police officers, pushes his way on stage. He's handed the microphone.

"I'm shutting down this show" He shouts. "Blocked egress, untested fire suppression, and insufficient alarm systems put everyone's lives at immediate ris-

A clown squirts him in the face with seltzer. The Samba resumes, triumphant! The warden is not humiliated for long though. Dancers pull him into a conga line. He throws off his hat. Life's a party.

You forgot the tagline, "It's Brazil!?" *shrug*

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Hope all the female dancers have their cocks strapped tightly in.

Don't want a 'cock-gate'.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
7-1

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
BBC coverage has begun, ceremony in 20 min

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

BBC coverage starting now
:munch:

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

here's hoping for a poo poo tsunami.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Please add livestream links to the OP when it starts, TIA.

I never watch the Olympics or its opening ceremonies but this time, it's different. :suspense:

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Livestream is on BBC1

It's easy to find a re-streaming site if you don't live in the UK and don't want to gently caress with VPNs

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
why would you want to watch?

Just wait for the clips to roll in.

Everything good will be uploaded.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

Livestream is on BBC1

It's easy to find a re-streaming site if you don't live in the UK and don't want to gently caress with VPNs

yeah i've found plenty of them over the years it's not that hard

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

AEMINAL posted:

Livestream is on BBC1

easy how?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Google BBC One Stream and click on one of the first few results.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Microwaves Mom posted:

why would you want to watch?

Free transsexual show, faptastic.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Atlanta's got nothing on rio in terms of successful olympics. Actually and terrifyingly, by today's standards the buildup and games themselves in Atlanta was a model of efficiency and transparency compared to third world shitholes like Sochi, Beijing, and London.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

biznatchio posted:

ya this will work

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Any politicians that push for the Olympics for their countries should be dumped in boiling hot tar and feathered. IMHO

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

biznatchio posted:

literally the first result i found worked

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Andy Murray just sounds like such a boring fucker, and the guy interviewing him is a chirpy oval office.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

goatface posted:

Andy Murray just sounds like such a boring fucker, and the guy interviewing him is a chirpy oval office.

Welcome to the last 10 years of BBC Sport.

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know
Ugh, already sick of listening to this goodwill speech and they haven't even started. Something better fall apart soon.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Have it streaming now - on the edge of my seat.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Hosting the olympics hasn't been a good idea since maybe... When did Tokyo have them? 1964? That was the last point the nationalistic wankfest kinda demonstrated the country's relevance. Munich 72 was a disaster Montreal 76 took 30 years to pay off ("The Olympics can no more lose money than a man can have a baby."). 80 and 84 get a pass because that was great Cold War cockwavery. 88 was roasted birds and Korea is still a hellhole, 92 Barcelona who cares why am I still typing.

Don't host the olympics.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Gold points to whoever captures the isis bomber running up and blasting people and uploads it first.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Vertical Lime posted:

literally the first result i found worked

I had a VPN setup streaming from the BBC iPlayer site on my low powered htpc, but these pirate streams are actually higher quality. Well played BBC.

Edit: here we go!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The 2020 Olympics would have to take place in Aleppo to beat this poo poo.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

two forty posted:

Don't host the olympics.

Don't competently host the olympics, but if you are a state quavering on failure, please form a line here by the dictatorships, single resource economies and sheikdoms that will gently caress 'em up good because lets face it, track and field is loving boring to watch without the spice of impending doom.

I apologize to anyone international who is watching the CBC stream that is unaccustomed to this lovely Canada-wank that we always mush together for these sort of things.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The whole opening ceremony being a video would be a p good troll

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
foil triangles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Triangles wow sooooo 2010s