Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«188 »
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Davzz posted:

Valor/Soul - 85%
Attune/Foresee - 80%
Luck/Bless. - 75%

Fair enough that it's still a toss-up between the first and second as being the most practical.

I think Attune/Foresee is the one that will save you the most SP in the long run, but being able to save a big lump on Valor/Soul is real nice, and I'm assuming these stack with the Concentrate skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

I think Attune/Foresee is the one that will save you the most SP in the long run, but being able to save a big lump on Valor/Soul is real nice, and I'm assuming these stack with the Concentrate skill.

The two things about the Valor/Soul one are: they're not that big, and its usefulness will fall off again at endgame as main characters start leaning on Love and Courage for climax rounds instead of actually casting Valor.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I was so hoping that Kira would just... not show up in UX. I knew he was going to, but like, a small part hoped that since he clearly had nothing to do with the plot and was a noted pacifist he'd park his rear end on the sidelines. Oh well, joined and on the bench or not on the team are the same thing. I got too many units I like and want to deploy for Kira's rear end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Life is but a fleeting dream

New information out on Border Break PS4.

Some highlights include:
- All game modes (i.e. Story, online) are completely free
- No stamina system
- Game will have mouse support

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those bat-men.

They better give us a top-tier Crossbone unit if it's going to be units only.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Is B Gundam in G Gen Genesis?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013

I don't think the B Gundam has appeared in any games, and it's time to fix that.

Retroactively too, add it to every game that Crossbone has been in.

biracial bear for uncut
Jun 9, 2009

KILL YOUR FAMILY AND YOURSELF YOU WHITETRASH "ALLY"

Ok. the real Amuro in the v Gundam just joined up to help curbstomp a satellite base.

How long do I have before the Evas start showing up? I have most of the mechs/pilots I recognize (& a shitload I have no clue about).

Is the Vangray a unique mech for the game or is it from a show? It seems really familiar but I can't place it.

EDITED to correct the mech name that I somehow hosed up while phone posting.

biracial bear for uncut fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 15:02

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

EVA plot starts on stage 26, which is roughly the halfway point of the game.

The Vangray, if that's what you mean, is an original unit made for SRWV.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The vangray is designed by the linebarrels of iron artist, im pretty sure, so if it seems familiar maybe that's why.

biracial bear for uncut
Jun 9, 2009

KILL YOUR FAMILY AND YOURSELF YOU WHITETRASH "ALLY"

Endorph posted:

The vangray is designed by the linebarrels of iron artist, im pretty sure, so if it seems familiar maybe that's why.

I realized after posting that it reminded me of the Orbital Frames in the Zone of the Enders games (mainly the head appearance and the way the missile swarm attack worked).

It lacks the hilariously placed cockpit though (unless I missed that as well during one of the Demo fights before turning that off).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/954360977734057984

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Alpha 2 stream going up in a few. Guess what, it's more Ibis

hella belated edit: stream over, never forget Bernadetanstog

Hokuto fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2018 around 03:14

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

I think this is the only direct comparison we've ever really gotten between current mainline SRW and current OG, since Huckies are extinct and the Grungust is a Kai.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Iím incredibly slowly working my way though FMW4 and I loved how Hisoutensoku has SRW1 quality animations when he first appears as an enemy and then full awesome animations when he becomes an ally. Yet another thing I wish I didnít have to see in a fan made SRW parody and in actual SRW instead.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hokuto posted:

Alpha 2 stream going up in a few. Guess what, it's more Ibis

hella belated edit: stream over, never forget Bernadetanstog

After catching up on what I missed, I gotta say I actually like Prevail. The mechanics of the ability have always read like digging in your heels and stubbornly trying to win, especially on bosses. Potential seems a bit vague in comparison. And yes, I do think Guts is an even better name, but that ship has sailed.

And speaking of names, I hope the ? Numbers can save the day.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2018 around 14:07

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

HitTheTargets posted:

After catching up on what I missed, I gotta say I actually like Prevail. The mechanics of the ability have always read like digging in your heels and stubbornly trying to win, especially on bosses. Potential seems a bit vague in comparison. And yes, I do think Guts is an even better name, but that ship has sailed.

"Guts" is a different Alpha-era skill that gave large bonuses only under 10% HP. I think Prevail replaced it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I know. That's why I directly referenced it.

What are you getting at?

Edit: Oh right, this is an Alpha game translation. Duh.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2018 around 16:18

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

I... I'm just flattered people watch this stuff non-live at all. Thank you HitTheTargets.

I guess I can leave it as Prevail for now then. It's not hurting anything. Already fixed Puru's name though, which pains me but has to be done.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hokuto posted:

I... I'm just flattered people watch this stuff non-live at all. Thank you HitTheTargets.

I guess I can leave it as Prevail for now then. It's not hurting anything. Already fixed Puru's name though, which pains me but has to be done.

I... I just needed something to watch while downloading a patch. It's not like I like you or anything, baka.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

HitTheTargets posted:

Hell yeah! You're going to Prevail over the incarnation of evil or whatever. I've always preferred it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Dougram is making its debut in X-O so I guess that means we won't be seeing in mainline (tongue-in-cheek)

«188 »