Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

RangerKarl posted:

Hey, just bought the game last weekend and am having a blast with everything. Currently in the first split on the Ange route.

Just did a bit of reading and it seems the SR points don't affect the ending change, so should I just gun for a game complete and try on New Game + to see what secrets to get?

Yeah, the only thing getting SR points seems to give you is Hard difficulty and the Platinum Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

EthanSteele posted:

Ing is the magicest baby of all magic babies and I love him for it. He is the most OC do not steal dude in a world populated almost exclusively by them. I think his only crime has been stealing Ryoto's moment but he upstaged him in such an over the top turn-it-up-to-11 way that I let him off. I'm not entirely sure what makes me give Ing a pass for his status, maybe its because it feels like it doesn't take itself so seriously? He changed his name to Wish Ing! He's adorable.

It's the little moments featuring him I like. Like when he learned he liked sweet stuff in 2ndOG, or in Moon Dwellers when Sanger took him and some others fishing. Hell that entire latter sequence makes me laugh because they don't really show the premise for that scene even starting, just "Oh hey what's everyone doing over at the water oh teaching Ing to fish" like Sanger just kicked in a door, a whole bunch of fishing rods tucked under one arm, scooped Ing up under the other and told the rest to come join him teaching Wish Boy to be a man. Oh and of course Ing is loving amazing at fishing because the writers are too self-aware.

Caphi posted:

The funniest thing in Moon Dwellers is when Festinia learns he's an artificial human and thinks "but he looks just like a normal boy."

I loved Calvina's reaction after she goes "Woah we have artificial humans around here that's nuts" and Ing goes "Yeah, I'm one actually" and Calvina just has that glorious "WHAT THE CHRIST" expression of her's plastered on her face. It's going to be just this new hazing thing in the Steel Dragons where every new guy has to be sat down and told all the ridiculous poo poo they've already done followed by all the artificial humans who have formed a band starting to play a song.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Ariel is definitely my favorite of the artificial humans and want her to do more stuff. However now that her brother and the Einst were really maybe taken care of for real she can join the rest of the forgotten cast...well, like she was in MD up until the last few stages anyway.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Samurai Sanders posted:

now that her brother and the Einst were really maybe taken care of for real she can join the rest of the forgotten cast

Don't forget that Beowulf is still out there in the Shadow Mirror dimension. Banpresto could easily find a way to bring his The Inspector self over to be another boss.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ariel is definitely my favorite of the artificial humans and want her to do more stuff. However now that her brother and the Einst were really maybe taken care of for real she can join the rest of the forgotten cast...well, like she was in MD up until the last few stages anyway.

She only has a few years to live, but luckily it's only ever six months between games so no one has any birthdays or whatever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

HitTheTargets posted:

She only has a few years to live, but luckily it's only ever six months between games so no one has any birthdays or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83tboDnpE7Y

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno if this was intentionally but I fuckin appreciate this existing

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

HitTheTargets posted:

Dr. Eric Wong is also working on a cure based on Lamia and thinks he'll be able to give her a regular lifespan. In the very next scene in 2ndOGs they go over how Glacies is absolutely unfixable in any way its messed up.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Do these choices mean/do anything? I've seen a few of them now.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Light Gun Man posted:

Get recap of other route.
Skip that poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Those choices are always just "do you want a recap of what happened on the other route?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you get all of them kamina lives. honest.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Not sure if I want a return to alpha's esoteric secrets/unlock system where minor choices in intermissions or certain encounters can completely change upgrades or recruitable characters. The steps required in order to get Ingram back sounded like "My uncle works at nintendo" schoolyard bullshit.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Not sure if I want a return to alpha's esoteric secrets/unlock system where minor choices in intermissions or certain encounters can completely change upgrades or recruitable characters. The steps required in order to get Ingram back sounded like "My uncle works at nintendo" schoolyard bullshit.

Something in between might be nice. Like on the level of geting the Ashsaber or Vysaga in GBA OG2. Not a huge change, but a bit of work to get the unit at least.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hunter Noventa posted:

Something in between might be nice. Like on the level of geting the Ashsaber or Vysaga in GBA OG2. Not a huge change, but a bit of work to get the unit at least.

Those are the units that have "place Lamia on a certain tile on a certain map" as one of several requirements, right? It's preposterously unlikely that any player would naturally figure out how to get those units.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Put her on a certain tile on a certain map after having a her fight a guy a set amount of times, I think? Sometimes the locations and stuff are pointed out to you in a cutscene, like a pilot might go "I should check to see if I took them out" sort of implying to go over there. In the Z series there's a couple that are "move a guy to where some talking heads were in the intro" and "90% through a stage we'll draw attention to a square and maybe you might want to check it out maybe" but because there's absolutely no reason to go to where people were in the cutscenes 99% of the time is impossible for someone to figure out when they're supposed to try it out.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
They could go full blown sadistic and put more secrets that trigger other events or lock you out of other secrets like the Great Zeorymer. Imagine you fulfilled the requirements to unlock the Hi-Nu and the Nightingale in whatever new series that pops up but in exchange (IBO Spoiler)Iok Kujan lives, would it really be worth it?

edit: that actually reminds me of a 4koma of Kouji crying while beating the hell out of a recruitable character bcause god dammit he really wants that upgrade part.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

No amount of wanton unit lockouts, character murder, or other penalties would dissuade me from unlocking and fielding the Nightingale.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's pilot locked to Katz.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Ethiser posted:

It's pilot locked to Katz.

What is this, day care!? This is CCA, we're locking that motherfucker to Hathaway!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

"This is the Psycho Zaku custom made for a pilot without limbs."

"Hmm... Can you give it a normal cockpit? Kou Uraki needs something cool and we haven't unlocked GP03 yet."

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish you could give the Unicorn to a non-Newtype and whenever you go to NT-D it would stop moving.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I feel like the pilot swapping in SRW V is pretty lacking all around. it's almost entirely only Gundams and then the option to put Ryoma back into Black Getter for...no reason? And then Sousuke gets two optional secret units but again why bother other than for comedy. And no spare Mazingers to hand down to Sayaka or Boss.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I wish you could give the Unicorn to a non-Newtype and whenever you go to NT-D it would stop moving.

NT-D technically works if you're not a NT but it burns the pilot out super quick. The intended goal was theoretically to create a system that allows Oldtypes to defeat Newtypes but ironically only Newtypes can use it without dying.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

NT-D technically works if you're not a NT but it burns the pilot out super quick. The intended goal was theoretically to create a system that allows Oldtypes to defeat Newtypes but ironically only Newtypes can use it without dying.

Don't the controls pull away and leave the pilot as a human spark plug? I did always think it was weird that you needed Newtypes in your weapon designed to kill Newtypes.

Well then when they go into NT-D their Will drops to 50.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Honestly I feel like the pilot swapping in SRW V is pretty lacking all around. it's almost entirely only Gundams and then the option to put Ryoma back into Black Getter for...no reason? And then Sousuke gets two optional secret units but again why bother other than for comedy. And no spare Mazingers to hand down to Sayaka or Boss.

They've basically scaled it back to a Gundams-only gimmick, yeah.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

Put her on a certain tile on a certain map after having a her fight a guy a set amount of times, I think? Sometimes the locations and stuff are pointed out to you in a cutscene, like a pilot might go "I should check to see if I took them out" sort of implying to go over there. In the Z series there's a couple that are "move a guy to where some talking heads were in the intro" and "90% through a stage we'll draw attention to a square and maybe you might want to check it out maybe" but because there's absolutely no reason to go to where people were in the cutscenes 99% of the time is impossible for someone to figure out when they're supposed to try it out.

Some of the Z stages literally gave you an item for going to a seemingly completely random space.

Whereas Lamia it was stuff like 'Go to the square you killed this enemy after she said she'd drop something for Lamia'. The 'Fight Axel 1 or 2 times depending on which unit you want' is a bit too obscure. Andlet's not talk about the Wild Wurger L.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 22, 2017

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I'd really like to throw Amuro into the Unicorn in one of these SRW games. Though I guess his line would be the same as the Biosensor one. "NT-D? OKAY!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I'd really like to throw Amuro into the Unicorn in one of these SRW games. Though I guess his line would be the same as the Biosensor one. "NT-D? OKAY!"

You can throw Amuro in Banshee.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm about to start streaming The Second Super Robot Wars Original Generation, the fourth game in the Original Generation series. Stream here!

edit: stream over, good times, also Impact

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 23, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Starting playing some of the SRW V DLC last night. Some of these are from that.

drat Bright that's cold

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hokuto posted:

I'm about to start streaming The Second Super Robot Wars Original Generation, the fourth game in the Original Generation series. Stream here!

edit: stream over, good times, also Impact

I'm never going to stop being mad about Impact being set in loving 00XX get the gently caress out of here

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Is that supposed to be a year? Were there a bunch of competing Gundam calendars and they couldn't bring themselves to choose one?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

HitTheTargets posted:

Is that supposed to be a year? Were there a bunch of competing Gundam calendars and they couldn't bring themselves to choose one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_h_7hTix90

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

I literally never read the opening scroll for Impact before this stream today but SURE ENOUGH

"Universal Century 00XX"

lmao

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
More 2nd OG coming up shortly.

edit: stream over!

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 23, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hokuto posted:

More 2nd OG coming up shortly.

edit: stream over!

I'm mad that I missed this

now how will I know what becomes of gold bagold

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Blockhouse posted:

Always believe in his soul. He is indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Blockhouse posted:

Gold Bagold is alive and well and still on my team as of like stage 6

Probably more to come tomorrow.

• Locked thread