Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The bagman pawned off a SR point for more power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Hivac posted:

The bagman pawned off a SR point for more power

He's going to keep that loving Free Electron Cannon and Mountain Dew Shooter and Shishioh Blade for the rest of the game. Endgame roster pilot right there.

edit: I can't believe that the Free Electron Cannon doesn't even have a dynamic kill

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 21, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ6nmp0X9aA

Full Metal Panic SRPG

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Hum, SD Models, maybe they'll reuse them when they get around to making the NEO / OE spiritual sequel.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I immediately got a SRW Neo vibe from that, yeah.

Which is kind of sad considering this is a PS4 game and Neo was ugly even for a Wii game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, me too. I don’t have high hopes to be honest. FMP was never the most interesting series in SRW.]

edit: It's interesting for things outside of the mechanics of the robots, I guess. They're just robots but some of them have the magical do anything the pilot imagines power, and since they're all fairly uncreative people it doesn't make for very interesting combat.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 21, 2017

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
This seems kind of out of the blue. I know Invisible Victory's coming soon but do they really expect that big of a surge for this IP?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I am excited and this is a good trigger for me to finally get around to reading the novels.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Time for Gauron to dunk on me in a whole new IP.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

EthanSteele posted:

This guy knows what’s up.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, me too. I don’t have high hopes to be honest. FMP was never the most interesting series in SRW.]

edit: It's interesting for things outside of the mechanics of the robots, I guess. They're just robots but some of them have the magical do anything the pilot imagines power, and since they're all fairly uncreative people it doesn't make for very interesting combat.

Between this description and the ongoing L LP, I kinda want to see a game with both Linebarrel and FMP in it, just to see how pissed the Katous get at how the Lambda driver is used.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

EthanSteele posted:

Personally, Gauron was awesome and I never really cared that much for Gates. Should have kept Gauron around for a lot longer.

My only exposure to Leonard is from V, and the only thing I remember about him was that even he decided to poo poo on Embryo despite being anime villain partners for 40 stages.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

leonard had a mild redemptive arc in srwv spurred on entirely by realizing just how much of a creep embryo was, it was kind of great

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
X-Omega can't stop won't stop

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Blockhouse posted:

It's just riding the trend of Japanese f2p games doing cross-promotions with everything always forever.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Cross Omega's list of copyrights at the bottom is becoming as long as a list of side effects on a pharmaceutical ad, and I love it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

At this point, I'm half-expecting Pirate Docking 6 to make it into this game.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Is that robot even from the show? I thought it was just cutesy endorph stuff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

Is that robot even from the show? I thought it was just cutesy endorph stuff.
there's an episode where constanze makes a giant robot and her and akko pilot it

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Alright, fair enough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4uYLo9Y60

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Gonna do a 2nd OG stream in a minute or few.

Edit: stream over

I can't believe they literally had a stage of "kill grunts for 4 turns" and nothing else on stage 51.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 25, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Haha, right after that SRW interview with Nasu, FGO introduces...

Over/Under on her showing up in X-O?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hokuto posted:

I can't believe they literally had a stage of "kill grunts for 4 turns" and nothing else on stage 51.

That's what we call a Breather stage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Endorph posted:

Haha, right after that SRW interview with Nasu, FGO introduces...

Over/Under on her showing up in X-O?

Also her Limit Break is basically a SRW attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECINnjJ2TOY

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Well, I know what I need to save for in FGO.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Well, I know what I need to save for in FGO.

She'a free event servant. :getin:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Now that I have a Switch I have decided that all previous SRW games should be ported to the Switch and all future SRW games should be on the Switch. The PS4 is overkill for SRW but the Vita and 3DS are underkill. The Switch is perfect.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

https://twitter.com/w_i_n_t_e_r_/status/923441810315272192

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This bothers me, because that's clearly Gaiking's Face Open attack circa Alpha 3, but without her actually tearing her face off.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

Now that I have a Switch I have decided that all previous SRW games should be ported to the Switch and all future SRW games should be on the Switch. The PS4 is overkill for SRW but the Vita and 3DS are underkill. The Switch is perfect.

On the other hand, they have a working engine for the PS4/Vita and the PS4 is far from a dead system. They only managed to get games on the PS3 near the end of its life cycle, so I can see them wanting to milk the PS4 framework they've got going for as long as possible.

It's a shame you have to buy PS4/Vita versions separately...

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
ACP Faiz Open.

I disagree that the ps4 is overkill because SRW can be gorgeous and giving them more power to potentially make more gorgeous is good. Also I don't own a switch and 50% of my ps4 catalogue is SRW.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Cant see why they wouldnt do both. PS4 and switch are the hot systems in Japan right now.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm happy with just getting everything on PS4 from now on. It has other games I want to play besides srw as well as srw, which is important to me.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

KoB posted:

Cant see why they wouldnt do both. PS4 and switch are the hot systems in Japan right now.

This is the most likely answer. The Switch is crazy popular and they have engines ready to go on PS4.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just want to hear what the new SRW is already. :smith:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Theyve regularly had announcement things on Christmas for spring release, dont they?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KoB posted:

It would be really nice if I could glue the SR Point requirement to the handheld screen so I don't ever forget it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I just want to hear what the new SRW is already. :smith:

They're probably stuck on what letter to give it. I say go with SRW S, so that you can rerelease it as S+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe a super complete whole franchise reboot and just call it Super Robot Wars.

• Locked thread