Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I want Seed and Fafner together in an original story where they can just hang out. I’m very curious what Fafner would be like minus the angst and melodrama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect you'll get access to both, like how Shinji gets Eva-13 and Eva-01(god) in V and it's just a case of Mazinkaiser being overall stronger than Shin but Shin getting to go Zero Mode or something

I'd allow it and use Mazinkaiser because I want to see the new version of Mazinkaiser based on Shin and V was enough Zero for me.

Octo1
May 7, 2009
ZERO should just join as its own pilot so we can have an apocalyptic triple Mazinger attack.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Let anyone pilot Mazinkaiser so I can give it to Boss, then have...

Octo1 posted:

[...]an apocalyptic triple Mazinger attack.

..with Bossinkaiser, Mazinger ZERO and Mazin Emperor G.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Octo1 posted:

ZERO should just join as its own pilot so we can have an apocalyptic triple Mazinger attack.

Zero's it's own pilot, but in cutscenes it's established that Shiro controls it with a wrist-radio.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I miss Duke and want him, somehow, to come back.

gently caress it just invent a Shin Duke and have him pilot the Zero, I don't care.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Raxivace posted:

gently caress it just invent a Shin Duke and have him pilot the Zero, I don't care.

Goldorak, reviens!

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Maybe Minerva will be a pilot and not a cutscene picture this time

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Blaze Dragon posted:

Let anyone pilot Mazinkaiser so I can give it to Boss, then have...

..with Bossinkaiser, Mazinger ZERO and Mazin Emperor G.

Being able to swap Mazinger guys around is good, but the Shin doofuses haven't let us yet. Being able to put Sayaka or Boss in the ShinKaiser or Emperor G would be cool.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Raxivace posted:

Could always go with the Great War of The Flying Saucers version of Duke, Gattaiger would make for a fun unit

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Megaman just got into X-O

Actually I just realized there's no overlap between X's debuts and X-O so man does it feel like X-O stole all the cool stuff

edit: Yup.
https://twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/940907919448485888

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ7Meo7UEAAc5hS.jpg

Davzz fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Dec 13, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Davzz posted:

You can't say that and not link to something - pictures, video, whatever. I want to see proof.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
https://srw-x.suparobo.jp/

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Davzz posted:

Actually I just realized there's no overlap between X's debuts and X-O so man does it feel like X-O stole all the cool stuff

edit: Yup.
https://twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/940907919448485888

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ7Meo7UEAAc5hS.jpg

It is indeed kind of depressing that the money pit game gets everything but the kitchen sink these days while the mainline series gets only a drip of new content. Hopefully they will balance the scales one day.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's much easier to make new content for x-o then it is for a mainline game

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I won't deny that, but expecting X to have more new entries than just four or so isn't exactly an excessive demand.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

wielder posted:

I won't deny that, but expecting X to have more new entries than just four or so isn't exactly an excessive demand.

V had seven, but three were units only (and characters for the Hathaway's Flash guys, I guess); X has four, but none are units only. As a random older example, Alpha 3 also had four.

Doesn't seem too much worse.

Edit: The Z games had a ton, but IMO it was too big for itself near the end anyhow.

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 13, 2017

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

No Getter in this game means no Mazin Emperor G.
I don't even care that much about Getter but man I loved the idea of that unit.
Guess I'll have to settle for the super-awesome Mazinger Zero.

All future games must have Mazinger Zero.
Even the OG games.
Especially the OG games.

Unrelated.
What was that Gundam series with all the weird country-themed Gundams and why isn't that in this game? They have eleventy billion gundam series in every SRW and yet not that one.
Because I know it was utterly foundational but I could not give less of a poo poo about Char's Counterattack and I don't know any of the other Gundam series from Adam. Except for Turn A and Unicorn and I don't care about Turn A or Unicorn.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

All future games must have Mazinger Zero.
Even the OG games.
Especially the OG games.

Unrelated.
What was that Gundam series with all the weird country-themed Gundams and why isn't that in this game? They have eleventy billion gundam series in every SRW and yet not that one.
Because I know it was utterly foundational but I could not give less of a poo poo about Char's Counterattack and I don't know any of the other Gundam series from Adam. Except for Turn A and Unicorn and I don't care about Turn A or Unicorn.

You mean G, the one with the fighting tournament?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ChrisBTY posted:

Mazin Emperor G was already shown in the first PV released.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Pureauthor posted:

Mazin Emperor G was already shown in the first PV released.

Gods I even watched that video. Ok I'll admit glazing over the parts that weren't about new series.
It just didn't make sense to have Mazin Emperor G without Getter.

Getsuya posted:

You mean G, the one with the fighting tournament?

Yes. SRW needs more windmills and bulls.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 13, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ChrisBTY posted:

Gods I even watched that video. Ok I'll admit glazing over the parts that weren't about new series.
It just didn't make sense to have Mazin Emperor G without Getter.

I don't remember it having anything do with Getter in V outside of a token "it has some Getter related power source" which can be replaced with any number of things or dropped completely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

g was in a ton of games in the ps1/ps2 era and is also kind of clunky to fit in since you have to constantly have the characters go from/to a tournament unless you start the game halfway through the show's plot, in which case the shuffle alliance just shows up out of nowhere and you fight master asia twice which isn't exactly a strong showing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i saw a 'leak' in some discord claiming a series list of:

Mazinger Z
New Getter Robo
Shin Jeeg
Gaogaigar
God Mars
Dancouga Nova
Victory Gundam
Gundam Wing
G Gundam
VOTOMS
Code Geass
Nadesico TV
Gargantia
Code Geass: Akito The Exiled
Dorvack
Valvrave
Majestic Prince
Ironblooded Orphans

but I don't believe it because A) Gaogaigar and G Gundam feels a bit too meme, B) the amount of stuff they can reuse from Z3/V feels a bit low, and C) loving Dorvack? Really?
also hilariously this leak got literally nothing right

even gundam wing and code geass are specifically endless waltz and r2

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Which SRWs with G actually did the tournament anyway? Impact? MX? I know A and R sure as hell didn't.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
MX is post series, set 1 year after the Devil Gundam Incident.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neo is also post-series and admittedly only has Domon and Devil.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i thought the n64 one did the tournament

did it not

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kind of a bummer they went back to using Endless Waltz. It was fun having the Wing TV show units and story in Z2.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ethiser posted:

Kind of a bummer they went back to using Endless Waltz. It was fun having the Wing TV show units and story in Z2.

Yeah. The worst part of using Waltz instead of TV is no Mad Scientists.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also I prefer most of the TV show mechs to the Waltz ones, minus the Wing itself.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I like the EW version of Altron better, but I can see how the arms could be a deal breaker.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah. The worst part of using Waltz instead of TV is no Mad Scientists.

For reference:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

g was in a ton of games in the ps1/ps2 era and is also kind of clunky to fit in since you have to constantly have the characters go from/to a tournament unless you start the game halfway through the show's plot, in which case the shuffle alliance just shows up out of nowhere and you fight master asia twice which isn't exactly a strong showing.

The only tournament that people actually go to in G is the grand finals tournament in the second half of the series; the early parts of the show are Domon wandering around Earth fighting people along the way while looking for clues about Kyoji, which fits pretty nicely with your average SRW early game plot.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Schwarzwald posted:

For reference:

Does the guy on the left have a nosepatch? Like... an eyepatch, but for your nose?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

EW also gives a playable Tallgeese, so it's a wash.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

WrightOfWay posted:

EW also gives a playable Tallgeese, so it's a wash.

EW can't give us the Elegance of the Tallgeese 2.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Prism posted:

Does the guy on the left have a nosepatch? Like... an eyepatch, but for your nose?

I'm pretty sure he just wants to be a koala.
I'm not even sure if I'm kidding or not.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I've started making my way through V and a question has occured to me, does the custom bonus for a mech come specifically when all the upgrade bars are at 5 or is it just when the custom level is at 50% so you don't need to upgrade less useful stats for it?

edit: Nevermind I just tested it myself and had to get all the bars to 5 even when the % was above 50 to actually get the bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I don't think any game actually did G Gundam's tournament plotline, at best they make reference or joke about it.

Most of the non-Shuffle Alliance tournament fighters don't appear either, except in 64, which I think had Mandala Gundam playable for reasons.

• Locked thread