Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah but when's the next OG game?

In two years, maybe? They seem to be spaced three years apart, ever since OGG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, I've been playing X-O recently and for the life of me I can't figure out how to access the Unit Stages. Anyone able to help?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I just got through the stage where you get Great Mightgaine in X, and I have to say, the Vault scenario for the stage being basically Spero saying "Yo, hear me out for a second, Black Great Mightgaine." was goddamn amazing.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I've been saying that since V! Do it Terada.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
I'd love if the next game has Mightgaine and gives Black Great Mightgaine as a secret upgrade for Black Mightgaine, though I'd accept Great Black Mightgaine.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is Mightgaine expected to be in SRW from here on out?

...what even is the future of SRW?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is Mightgaine expected to be in SRW from here on out?

...what even is the future of SRW?

I'm expecting a new series on the level of Alpha or Z to start up at some point, new off-the-wall inclusions in their one-off games, and a new OG continuity once they finish the old one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MightyPretenders posted:

I'm expecting a new series on the level of Alpha or Z to start up at some point, new off-the-wall inclusions in their one-off games, and a new OG continuity once they finish the old one.
I want all those things too, but has there been a single peep about what they're working on now? I haven't heard even the smallest (non-X-Omega) thing since X's release.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want all those things too, but has there been a single peep about what they're working on now? I haven't heard even the smallest (non-X-Omega) thing since X's release.

They've said nothing, but that's not too surprising. We didn't know about X for quite a while.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

The Collaborative fangame project is complete and you can go grab it now

Series List:
Prologue: Zegapain, OG Moon Dwellers, Final Fantasy 8, Girls’ Last Tour

Scenario 1: Gundam F90, Mazinkaiser SKL, Char’s Counterattack

Scenario 2: Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan, Giant Gorg, Nadia The Secret of Blue Water

Scenario 3: Strike Witches, Argento Soma, Gadget Trial

???: Three Secret Series

Participant turn-out is a bit lower than I expected, well, not counting the ones who didn't end up making the deadline. Maybe I chose a bad month when everyone had school exams and other commitments? On the flip side it went over pretty smooth on my end so I guess this must be a lot more intuitive than it looks.

As a "behind the scenes" tidbit, I had actually tried to tap the SRW Eternity leader to be a participant but it didn't end up happening.

Enjoy anyway and maybe look forward to a future bigger and better Collab next time.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I assume we wont hear about the Next Big Game until 3-4 months before release, so probably early next year.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tokyo Game Show is within the next few months and Bandai Namco goes all-in for that, so if anything SRW related is coming, that'd be the most likely place it'd happen.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Since this thread also seems to be the Assorted Gundam Games Thread too, I just started Gundam Breaker 3. I was initially not feeling it at first but then the customization opened up and kept opening up more and more. :stare:

Any builds I should be aiming for other than All The Funnels?

Also how do I get All The Funnels?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Neo_Crimson posted:

Since this thread also seems to be the Assorted Gundam Games Thread too, I just started Gundam Breaker 3. I was initially not feeling it at first but then the customization opened up and kept opening up more and more. :stare:

Anyone can do "All the funnels", it's all about how inventive you can get with them. It's not the most effective thing ever but I grin like a maniac whenever my pro-wrestler gundam goes into berserk mode, puts the opponent into a grapple hold and stalls there while a million funnels deploy and dissect the opponent while I hold them helpless.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just killed 20 Embryos and I am not trying to make a political statement or anything.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just killed 20 Embryos and I am not trying to make a political statement or anything.

After The Stick of Truth, I really don't know where else you can go with it.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Neo_Crimson posted:

If you want maximum fugly for maximum funnels: Kshatriya arms, the legs of the Dynames/Cherubim/Zabinya line Gundam that has rifle bits, and IIRC the Doven Wolf head has an INCOM. The Strike Freedom backpack doesn't have normal bits/funnels, but its special attack releases all the ones you have on you when you use it.

If you don't want to be that bulky and ugly feel free to just use any old funnel backpack, and whatever arms and legs look pretty. The optional part funnels are probably more than enough in most cases.

Really, most builds can do lots of stuff, my playthrough on Extreme got about half way through before I stalled out using a build with a lot of missiles and a lot of big guns. Sure it wasn't efficient, especially since I didn't cannibalize my previous mech for stats, but drat it was fun to just alpha strike a dude with like hundreds of missiles and then like two super beams.

If you don't have one though, consider getting an I field for your Gundam, they're super usefull.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ashsaber posted:

If you want maximum fugly for maximum funnels: Kshatriya arms, the legs of the Dynames/Cherubim/Zabinya line Gundam that has rifle bits, and IIRC the Doven Wolf head has an INCOM. The Strike Freedom backpack doesn't have normal bits/funnels, but its special attack releases all the ones you have on you when you use it.

If you don't want to be that bulky and ugly feel free to just use any old funnel backpack, and whatever arms and legs look pretty. The optional part funnels are probably more than enough in most cases.

Really, most builds can do lots of stuff, my playthrough on Extreme got about half way through before I stalled out using a build with a lot of missiles and a lot of big guns. Sure it wasn't efficient, especially since I didn't cannibalize my previous mech for stats, but drat it was fun to just alpha strike a dude with like hundreds of missiles and then like two super beams.

If you don't have one though, consider getting an I field for your Gundam, they're super usefull.

Thanks, I have some of these parts and it's already getting to be an amazing mess of clipping and tanked framerate. :allears:

Any melee/ranged weapons I should be on the look out for? I've been using the GN Sword III because of how versatile both modes are.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Thanks, I have some of these parts and it's already getting to be an amazing mess of clipping and tanked framerate. :allears:

Any melee/ranged weapons I should be on the look out for? I've been using the GN Sword III because of how versatile both modes are.

The Build Burning arms are pretty powerful though not quite as good as in 2.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So Gundam Battle Operation 2 is coming out soon and they have a free theme out already, and they did the cutest thing, when you put in a DVD the theme puts a tiny Acguy on top of the DVD disc icon:3:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Jesus. New Gundam Breaker is already selling for about $15 on Amazon.co.jp. That's for a new copy. That's gotta be one hell of a trash fire to go from $80 to $15 while it's still almost at the top of the new releases list.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Getsuya posted:

Jesus. New Gundam Breaker is already selling for about $15 on Amazon.co.jp. That's for a new copy. That's gotta be one hell of a trash fire to go from $80 to $15 while it's still almost at the top of the new releases list.
I think I heard they plan some serious, NMS style post release support but it sounds like the fundamental problems with it may never be fixable.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think I heard they plan some serious, NMS style post release support but it sounds like the fundamental problems with it may never be fixable.

It's got some real problems with gameplay. I appreciate trying new things but they messed with too much and apparently didn't seek any feedback before release.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
SRW A Portable translation is good

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Light Gun Man posted:

SRW A Portable translation is good

I was wondering how they'd handle Lamia. I don't think I've ever seen it done the same way twice.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Lots of redundant double words that mean the same thing, and combining two similar words into one. it works pretty well. Sometimes it makes her sound kind of...squidbilly-esque, but that just makes me laugh so I'm all for it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Light Gun Man posted:

Lots of redundant double words that mean the same thing, and combining two similar words into one. it works pretty well. Sometimes it makes her sound kind of...squidbilly-esque, but that just makes me laugh so I'm all for it.

The translation for The Record of ATX had her switch up her accent. It barely comes through, though, so maybe going squibilly isn't such a bad idea.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I should get more screenshots, here's the only other one I had

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Its weird going from V, where the Battleships were like 10 in number and like 6 of them could be regular combatants, with 3 being some of the better units in the game, to X, where I've gotten 3 ships by stage 40, and they are distinctly the good, the mediocre, and the waste of space. The N Nautilus is pretty great, mostly when you spam Resolve from Nemo to just pile on the stat boosts, or do what I haven't much yet, use restore action instead. The Cygnus is... usable, not terribly effective, but has not bad move and has a post move attack, and the custom bonus is pretty nice, especially if you want to ferry guys up with emergency retrieval turn one. The Megafauna is just kinda trash, IMO, no barrier, no post move attack, not even a lot of power behind it. I guess there's one more later, but that's in the last four stages, and probably works better as an upgrade to Simon rather than actually used as a battleship.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Megafauna is kind of nice if only because it has a leadership aura, ex orders and repair, which as a free deploy I can't complain too much about that. I tend to always give my battleship pilots hit and away soon as I can though, so they don't fall behind.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Megafauna is kind of nice if only because it has a leadership aura, ex orders and repair, which as a free deploy I can't complain too much about that. I tend to always give my battleship pilots hit and away soon as I can though, so they don't fall behind.

I did give all my ships Hit and Away, and like 6 or 7 move. It still never gets to fight in half the stages I do.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I picked up Z3-2 again long enough to do a stage that required feeding 2 kills apiece to like 9 different all god awful cap ships. Compared to that, X's boats are a godsend, yes even the Megafauna. Please keep good boats in my games. TIA, MGMT

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
More OG boats.

Wait, are the Valstork and the one from Neo the only non-OG OG boats? Is the Hiryu from something?

e: completely forgot the Solarion, that's about how I feel about Z3-2

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Hiryuu and Hagane are both original to OG. There weren't really any Original battleships prior to them/the Valstork, depending on how you're counting.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

MarsDragon posted:

Hiryuu and Hagane are both original to OG. There weren't really any Original battleships prior to them/the Valstork, depending on how you're counting.

Hiryuu and Hagane are both original battleships do not steal versions of the yamato and nadesico anyway.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Ashsaber posted:

I did give all my ships Hit and Away, and like 6 or 7 move. It still never gets to fight in half the stages I do.

Admittedly I tend to do formations and try to stick with them precisely to avoid situations where a dude goes too far ahead and gets dog-piled or someone at the back never sees combat.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
couple more screens from A portable's translation.

these two might be vaguely spoilers so i'll link them.
screen 1
screen 2

Some laughs

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

See, this is really making me want to play the game, but there's one major problem: A Portable is super bloody hard and I have never completed it without cheating.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Inferno-sama posted:

See, this is really making me want to play the game, but there's one major problem: A Portable is super bloody hard and I have never completed it without cheating.

That is what cheats are for. (looks at my supply of 32 of each part longingly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Logicblade posted:

That is what cheats are for. (looks at my supply of 32 of each part longingly)

Yeah, tried doing that with the patch. Didn't work out.

• Locked thread