Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

chirico cuvie posted:

I was able to get every PS2 SRW I own (all but impact and the SC games) running fine on PCSX2 on an AMD Phenom II x6, which is like a six or seven year old processor. One of the lower end ones too, its normal clockspeed was 2.7 or so iirc.

It couldn't handle more graphically beefy games, but pretty much any modern desktop processor that's an i3 or above (unsure of the AMD equivalents; any FX processor I guess?) should be good for the majority of games out there and especially any 2d titles.

AMD processors never really got faster. They just glommed on more cores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

EthanSteele posted:

There's definitely some stuff where you read it and realize he hasn't even done a quick google to find out what a thing is,

It goes further than that. He vehemently refuses to be corrected and has even been known to put passive aggressive rants about people trying to in his guides.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tae posted:

The 5+ pilot robots always seem way squisher than the lesser pilot giant robots like Big O for whatever reason.

Because the theory is that someone's supposed to be casting iron wall or invincible every turn even if it doesn't actually work out that way til 5 minutes before the game ends.

• Locked thread