Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'm way behind in just now starting Super Robot Wars V, just got to the point where Getter Robo and Mazinger joined the group. Is the Bio Brain copy of Amuro Ray going to be a character that joins up later or did I do something wrong in kicking its rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Ok. the real Amuro in the v Gundam just joined up to help curbstomp a satellite base.

How long do I have before the Evas start showing up? I have most of the mechs/pilots I recognize (& a shitload I have no clue about).

Is the Vangray a unique mech for the game or is it from a show? It seems really familiar but I can't place it.

EDITED to correct the mech name that I somehow hosed up while phone posting.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 19, 2018

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Endorph posted:

The vangray is designed by the linebarrels of iron artist, im pretty sure, so if it seems familiar maybe that's why.

I realized after posting that it reminded me of the Orbital Frames in the Zone of the Enders games (mainly the head appearance and the way the missile swarm attack worked).

It lacks the hilariously placed cockpit though (unless I missed that as well during one of the Demo fights before turning that off).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Wait, the character you choose as your main actually matters in the story?

I haven't finished SRWV with Soji (just recently got the the Evangelion storyline missions) yet, and I'll have to go back and play again as the other character?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Is there any reason to use the Black Getter after getting the Shin Getter Robo?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Is there a way to level up unused mechs/pilots between scenarios? Because my favorite mechs so far are steamrolling scenarios & I know the game is going to take them away at some point.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

HitTheTargets posted:

You're playing V, right? It should have a Suborder menu so your underplayed guys can farm TacP, exp, cash, or even kill-counts.

It does, I've just been using Square+R1 to automatically fill slots and execute between rounds instead of micro-managing it though (and mainly to quickly get some additional cash for customizing mechs). Not sure what the logic is for the auto-fill command though. :ohdear:

Endorph posted:

what mechs? because there's only two or three mechs that vanish for any significant amount of time, barring route splits (where you get to choose which way you go, so you can just go the side that has more of your favorites)

Vilkiss, VangNex, the Evangelions, Daitarn 3 and the Zambot (for their Sun/Moon and Combo attacks), Amuro's Gundam, Mazinger Zero and the Getters.

Those tend to fill all of the sortie options.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Zore posted:

Thats only 11 units. You usually get like 16+ slots

Unused units also catch up stupidly quick.

The last few scenarios I went through only allowed 12. That was when I decided the VangNex should go with the Evas instead of sticking with the Yamato for one part of the storyline though.

Ended up fighting a bunch of battles against some guy called Purple and that guy Exev and Chitose for some reason.

Is there any way to turn off the Demos for Map attacks?

I've got Villkiss and Ange set up with some ridiculous combination of add-ons and skills where I rack up 10 ExC points within two rounds (first round just moving her out in front of the enemy so they can pointlessly try to attack her) and then move about obliterating every enemy on the map with her Map attack (and gaining more ExC points the entire time) until the storyline triggers for a scenario kick in and stop her, but it would be nice to just skip it like you can with regular battles.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 23, 2018

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Still working my way through SRW V.

Was playing last night and had Soji's portrait drop off on the between-missions menu when I was saving and he was replaced with Ange. Is that just a "highest level character is shown here" thing or did something actually happen/is something about to happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Zore posted:

Its the character with the most kills who's currently in the party.

Welp. The very next mission had Soji get kidnapped by Gardim at the end of the battle.

• Locked thread