Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
You can buy codes from offgamers. They are sent immediately and you can use PayPal if that's your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

So does Psychodriver do anything for the formerly Psychodriver required weapons? Like increase their range or something, or is NotNewtype just a Hit/Evade boost now.

The only units with that experimental system are the Exbein and the advantage of using psychics is that they get psychic barrier and the sick dodge and hit bonuses.

Also, I would argue that a new account is hardly a hassle compared to importing physically. You can set your Singapore account to primary and just play with your english account without any problems.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

I never did complete OG2 and haven't played anything in that subseries since. I heard that they didn't translate the recap. Anything that I need to know in particular, or is it just "Earth never stops being invaded, ever"?

Most things that were set up and happened before MD were resolved by 2ndOG. Anything you need to know is either discussed in game or mentioned in the important terms library.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

I'm beginning my journey enjoying the Gyoza Kis and such words (streaming): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knf9bEb4EuA

EDIT: Day 2 starting.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 7, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Resuming my stream from stage 19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knf9bEb4EuA

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

Did the text of that Lamalice' cry just change mid-line?

Uuuuh > Baaa > Gauuh

Lamalice have a bunch of silly quotes for their noises.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 14, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Are the Lamalice from anything or are they new like the Yokojin from 2nd OGs

The Youkijin in 2ndOG weren't exactly new. Lamalice are completely original.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The Lamalice are unfortunately also kind of boring as hell for being such a big part of MD. They're not particularly fun to fight and the last stage in particular is tedious as hell due to their three-tier nature.

Set up: The Original Enemy: The experience: The game.

The pay off better be good enough.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

They are members of the squad that has no plot relevance in this game. Can't be helped.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It's bad. It has movement, range, post movement attack, energy, accuracy, and SP issues, so you basically have to baby Touya to get as much use out of it as a Grungust.

Dracodeus is nuts, though!

Like I've told you before, I think you're exaggerating a bit. The biggest issue IMO is the crippling 0 and -5 accuracy most of his attacks have.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 14, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

5 move and 1 P range until Will 120 isn't exaggerated.

It's only 5 if you're a terrible person who doesn't use Tenia or Melua with him. :airquote:

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

6 move and a hard 1 range post movement is still pretty bad. Burning Accel to have the same effective attack range as (or less than) most attackers have on normal power is still pretty bad. And who were you going to pair that 1 range with?

And it's not like he's a King Gainer who gets insane once he reaches his Will requirement. Orgonite Buster isn't exactly efficient as a bread and butter attack, and that's assuming Touya gets to that point with any expedience given his issues reaching or hitting enemies without leaking SP. This is why Granteed and any twin including it has consistently fallen behind on every front every time I've had to use it.

And yes, I gave him the headband. And a booster.

At least I think I'm about to get the Dracodeus.

You need to think out of the box. Axel has drive as his twin spirit command, that turns on Touya's post movement attack along with Orgone barrier and Axel's Attacker. If you aren't using accelerate every turn then I'm not sure how you're getting those SR points. You also need to slot an accuracy modifier item in Touya's slots because that 0 and -5 aren't going to do him any favors when enemies are as dodgy as they are.

Edit: There's also the Ability slots. People seem to forget about them and they can make or break twins. The Full Block, Range and Movement abilities are pretty easy to get and game changing for any twins.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 14, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Even with all those things Granteed lags behind other units. Having to blow Drive just to make him competent looks a lot worse when he's hanging out with a lot of other units that are just plain better. Dracodeus is amazing of course but the regular Granteed is probably the single worst of the new units in the game and honestly probably one of the worst units available to you outside of like the lovely jet or MP Hucke. (Which is partially due to MD having an amazing unit lineup but still.)

Shu would basically be the most broken if Calvina wasn't there. Post-move insane-range MAP attack, incredibly high damage, effectively unkillable AND Neo Granzon who does all those things but better?

I didn't even go out of my way to use Shu, he just happened.

Especially in the late game you can effectively end stages by sending Calvina one direction and Shu the other and just having people follow in to clean up after they're done.

You are supposed to use Drive at the beginning of the stage to get any mileage out of it. It's also there for a reason, which is to use it during the early game to turn on Attacker when there's not enough enemies and you don't have better things to use Axel SP's on. Making Granteed decent is just a side-effect of it.

If you want to talk about a unit that's actually just plain bad, there's the Geant Chevalier and I'm still incredibly salty about that.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 14, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

You seem like you're determined to use the Granteed because you like it, which is extremely cool and a good way to play Super Robot Wars, but that doesn't mean it's actually effective because you can sink all your resources into making it kind of okay.

I've not mentioned using a single digit of cash or pp on fixing Granteed. That's far away from how I play the game because I split my resources around. Touya isn't even close to my top ace. i just think it's ridiculous that people claim it's the worst thing ever when it really isn't.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Drive is absolutely a "at the start of a stage" spell but also of limited use because of that. It's also Axel's twin spell which means it is draining SP from both him and Touya and with the dodge boost enemies get once you hit hard mode having SP available for Focus/Strike makes things a lot less tedious. Accuracy upgrades can help the latter but it also goes back to the problem of "Almost anyone else in the game will benefit more from this than Granteed."

Like I said, once he gets Dracodeus almost every problem he has is solved and he becomes a fantastic unit because he doesn't need a bunch of babysitting and investment to hit 'competent.'

I've never had issues with using drive because there's Alfimi for any of the few times Axel actually misses or needs sure hit.

Caphi posted:

Yeah the Chevalier is useless. Maybe someone really wanted you to use the Fortgig.

And then a bunch of Lamalice stages lock in the Chevalier and Neige. :shrug:

If only they felt that enough to actually give you Strega and Ganador...

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

So at this point, I just want to be clear, you're going "Touya is good as long as you pair him with Axel and Axel is good as long as you Alfimi to cover his lack of accuracy!" So you're now three people in the hole in order to make Granteed a unit which even you admit isn't one of your top aces.

It's basically the same problem as the Chevalier actually. You CAN invest a bunch of stuff in getting it going or just use something else that requires less to get going and which probably is overall better to boot. The only reason I'd put Geant Chevalier above Granteed is because it is one of your few early-game sources of Armor Breaker which makes killing certain bosses before they run a lot more viable.

At least you have the ability to revert back to the Aile Chevalier which, while not optimal, is more usable if you're not looking to kill a boss. (Pretty much every Lamilice stage)

You COULD do the same with Chevalier, but then you'd need to make a bunch of concessions to make that twin decent due to the bad matchup of ranges between Soulgain and Geant and the fact Geant Chevalier can only fly (And gets a ridiculous unusable FUB too). Attacker is also a way to killing bosses and simply using that along with Sure hit when you need it (not often) is not an issue. You're simply using Alfimi for her intended purpose. Granteed being usable is a byproduct of being decent matchup to Axel, but you could replace Granteed with anyone you want. I'm not trying to claim Granteed is an amazing unit, all I'm saying he's not completely broken an unsable, unlike Geant Chevalier, especially when you get to contrast Geant from the previous game to this one.

Also I fail to see how any of the above is using "a lot of resources" as nothing of the above is expendable and untradable unlike PP or money.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 14, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Attacker is infinitely inferior to Maximum Break though. Like the only thing you could really be doing (which admittedly is what I did) is make Axel part of the Maximum Break but if you do that there are a BUNCH of better partners for him than Touya.

Most of what you're saying is "Axel is a really good unit" which is true. It has nothing to do with Touya and you can pair Axel with, say, Touma and get a better result.

Touma is better off with Type 0 because they have similar ranges.

And what you said I'm saying is exactly what I'm saying. I've never tried to argue anything other than "Granteed isn't a complete poo poo unit".

EDIT: Re-Tech pilots:

Glacies: Focus (15), Flash (10), Inspire (30), Fury (15), Hot Blood (40), Hope (45)[TWIN]
---Ace Bonus: (If next to Josh, all spirit commands cost -10%)

Rim: Accel (10), Fortitude (15), Focus (15), Strike (20), Hot Blood (40), Bonds (35)[TWIN]
---Ace Bonus: (Spirit Command "Strike" becomes "Sense")

I think Glacies is definitely better off in her own unit if just because of her twin spirit command.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 14, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Probably should have asked this days ago but which powerpuff are y'all preferring for the relevant mechs

Tenia and Melua in whatever you prefer. Katia's bad.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

The extra 5-10k damage is very useful for retreating bosses but I find it very impractical to set up during all-out fights. I honestly wouldn't spend 400 PP on MB, especially with skill slots limited as they are.

Unison was buffed in OG2nd to last all stage and it went from a cute trick to Aquarion levels of exploitable. Had I realized it before stage 30 or so, I'd have dumped the PP of applicable pilots on stats.

Maximum Break also removes damage penalties, so it's always going to do more damage than support attacks/attacks from a sub unit.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

This isn't really spoilers, it was part of D's ending in 2nd OGs so you're kind of expected to know it going in.

The big reveal plotwise for D was that the Sympathia was Bad poo poo. The more you use it, the more your mind is lost, the more you turn into a Melior Esse, and the more you call out for Perfectio. This is why Chris (a proto Melior Esse) was born, and why Josh and Rim were able to connect to Glacies and Ventus. Part of the reason Josh was so insistent on Rim not piloting in 2nd OGs is because he was pretty sure Sympathia was bad news, and getting confirmation directly from the horse's mouth sealed the deal. He does not want Rim anywhere near the Forte Gigas/Blanche Neige ever again, and you kinda can't blame him since she's much farther along on the "turning into Perfectio's puppet" scale than he is.

Meanwhile with Glacies, since Perfectio hosed off she has three years tops to live. If she uses her powers, she gets even less. She has to use her powers to pilot the Fabularis. You can kinda see why Josh doesn't want her piloting either.

Mind you, Josh isn't immune to the effects of the Sympathia either. None of the D crew should even be touching the Sympathia, and in fact it's pretty silly that they just hop right into their mechs after the R originals decided to seal away their relatively much less dangerous plot device. It's also kinda hosed up that Kai gets ordered to effectively ask the D originals to commit slow suicide, and even more hosed up that nobody seems to really care.

EDIT: As for the other thing, it might be referencing another part of the ending where Gilliam and Villeta admit that as dangerous as the Sympathia is, it's still the Earth's only weapon against Perfectio so they're just going to be sealed away instead of destroyed.

Only a few of them know about some of these details. Viletta and Guilliam to be specific.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I'm assuming we're going to get W (with Valzacard filling the Ideon role in Alpha 3) and probably K or L or Neo. I assume we'll get some sort of surprise like, I donno, Scramble Commander 2.

Nah. It's as much 3rd OGs as Gaiden was 2nd. It's absolutely more a 'sidestory' game.

That's not what the staff said. It's the third game according to pre-release interviews.

Plus, unlike OG Gaiden, it's the fourth episode, not 3.5.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

:eng101: "凶鳥" Is also disaster chicken and no one will make me think otherwise.

EDIT: It is also what the chinese call the Huckebein.

Here's the official definition of Super Robot according to the game:

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

It's out of date, half the reals also have special power and control systems.

You'll be hard pressed to find any over 40 meters tall.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

I'm playing Iori. I'm considering getting it in japanese just because I'm excited about the originals.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

If they went out of their way to write it in English instead of katakana, probably.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Prism posted:

I assume they will correct the spelling on Vortex. And maybe Ignis, but definitely Vortex.

It's definitely not in latin, at least, because Tempesta is a word in catalan and italian and not latin, so I'm not too sure about that being Ignis either. However, dogma is latin, so who knows what the hell they are doing.

征嵐の壱拾陸式:TEMPESTA (せいらんのじゅうろくしき テンペスタ)

旋風の弐拾伍式:VARTEX (せんぷうのにじゅうごしき ヴァーテクス)

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 10, 2018

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Mikono is also my favorite female EVOL character and my first ace in Z3.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Only Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen, Orange and Anya are playable.

Cross Ange gets the same units as V.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

KoB posted:

how could you forget the innovative new buttshot cut-in.

I forgot because that's the only new thing about that unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

The first of Amari's themes has the most boring first 30 seconds in a SRW original song in recent years and that's a big sin. I much prefer Iori's first.

Amari's second is 200000% better though. -

• Locked thread