Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
can someone tell me why none of the PS2 Alpha games are available for download?

I'm absolutely shocked Alpha 3 in particular isn't available.

i really really don't wanna have to shell out the cash to make a gaming pc powerful enough to handle ps2 emulation

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

I think he's asking about the plot of Z3 in particular.

god gently caress you terada, NONE of the Z games fit together original storywise

at the very least you could say the PS1/PS2 Alpha's have some recurring theme

i play super robot wars games for the story :v:

also fighting games

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
So I'm guessing we didn't get any announcements from that 25th Anniversary stream?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

:stare:

AHHH. its the knees

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Anyone mind telling me the best map attacks available in OG Gaiden?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I'm glad it's gone as absurdly long as it has and the addition of English translations might at least grow the potential base.

b-b-but filthy casuals :qqsay:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Tribladeofchaos posted:

:swoon: That trailer was amazing! I'm especially glad Puru is playable again too, hopefully we'll get to do ZZ's plot as well. Also I guess I'll end up using Ange if her animations are that cool, Tusk however is never leaving the bench.

i gotta tip my hat at banpresto for not being skeevy with ange's cut ins

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/hyvkwons/status/801176010410651648

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kanos posted:

It absolutely has. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3l_-f5pI4o

It just wasn't very good. I also imagine collecting licenses for it is a loving nightmare.

man, totally forgot that game existed

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
got a ps4 (500gb) for Christmas!

tell me everything thing i need to do to play MD and V :getin:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Endorph posted:

you can just import an asian english copy off play-asia and be done with it if you're okay with paying for shipping

if not, you have to make a singapore PSN account and then buy a singapore PSN card

which is less of a brutal murder on my wallet?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
HELP! I created a japanese yahoo email account and im not getting a verification email!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

KoB posted:

You can just use a normal email address.

pretty sure you have to have japanese email and a japanese zipcode to create a jp psn account

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
so i can make an american gmail account, ok great.

i just need to figure out an alternative phone number, right (using my only one with my primary gmail)?

i literally only ever make alternate yahoo accounts

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Got it sorted out. Thanks

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hokuto posted:

We don't know how bad V's translation will be, but here's one that I can tell you guys will probably be good!

I finally got permission from my collaborators to show off screens from this very much nonofficial translation effort.

woah WOAH what the gently caress why didn't anyone tell me there was an alpha 2 translation project going on? who's all involved?

Godspeed :stare:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

that iron cutter

jesus gently caress :stare:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

Combattler and Voltes have Tissue paper for armor compared to most other supers, and need, absolutely need, to use spirits like mad to get a lot out of them. Dancougar is also fragile as hell, but gets a damage boost at 120 will and a fuckload of offensive spirits, Accel, Assault and Snipe among them to get the most use out of the range 1-8 finisher.

Mazingers, G-Gundam units (later for everyone except Domon), and Dancougar get damage boosting abilities at will thresholds, so they're good to use. The Arbalest does to, but not for a long rear end time. The Brains are all terrain A ranks, so they're great for the water stages, plus they're all Newtypes from a gameplay standpoint.

Anyone who can teleport as their double image thing can teleport on the map, which lets you put them further into enemy territory more easily. It also means they don't pay EN to move in the air. Speaking of Air, check your terrain ranks, the Gundam Fighters and Zeorymer all have B in air but start flying all the time anyways.

not wanting the FMP characters to go to waste, what all can be done to make the Arbalest a great unit?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/829549108692127746

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
and now for a totally random post

Akira Kamiya has a podcast and we will never never know what hes saying because this is a cruel godless universe

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 1, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/862749787912773632

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Early SRW was weird.

haha yes weird definitely not the devs just not giving a gently caress :shepface:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Mneidengard seems like the type of insufferable nerd i'd struggle not to punch IRL

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Ryoga posted:

I will never get tired of "Speeez... Bazooka!"

GoShogun got a decent translation finally by Discotek Media! :getin:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hokuto posted:

Oh crap am I missing Alpha 2 discussion?

Regarding huge maps, oh my god this a thousand times. This is some Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War poo poo.

So far in my work on Alpha 2, my favorite thing in the world is when the girls are just about to leave ship to visit a bathhouse, and then suddenly klaxons go off and you get this:

The moral of the story is do not loving stand between Kusuha Mizuha and a hot bath

dare I ask for progress?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hokuto posted:

Oh yeah, I tweeted about it, but Alpha 2 work's going on hiatus until next year. Please look forward to it! The tweet has some consolation screenshots.

wait what YOURE dramata? oh man

i uploaded your zeta gundam video on YouTube and never gave credit for it... oh man....

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

calling Invaders Newtypes or Kamile and Setsuna women aside.

but Kamile is a GIRLS name :smug:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It basically has to at this point. They've already introduced all the protagonists and set up all their character beats. Hell, Touma's a Baran Doban away from halfway through his arc at this point.

you think the series will continue after they finish the Alpha 3 plot?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

For anyone not familiar with the show, this clip from episode 9 of the show, featuring Akira (the hero) and Prince Sharkin (villain, here disguised as a bishoujo transfer student) challenging each other to a game of soccer, should give you the gist of how the show works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4quXc9liq7g

i miss Shin-Getter Subs :smith:

Endorph posted:

Edison is a lion as a joke about him inventing film, and the MGM lion logo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv7UL5WATNs

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 30, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

V is really good.

Everytime i think about V's fantastic translation i immediately think about Moon Dwellers and get really mad :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i can see this thread has gone batshit :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Minaki's VA passed away. Pretty close to Excellen's, actually, and also from cancer.

Robots yaaay. :toot:

ok. what the gently caress is goin on down there?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
its been awhile since we've had an announcement. i keep checking the thread :smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe a super complete whole franchise reboot and just call it Super Robot Wars.

will it the Gritty Edgy Reboot™ no one (outside of the dumbest loving people imaginable) wanted? :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

The GIG posted:

Also I'm pretty sure the original guys who picked up died before the could release the last block of episodes.

who died?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Endorph posted:

The clear endpoint of ogs is banpresto going bankrupt

good, i hope they NEVER stop making OGS games

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Endorph posted:

let's play a game

Safe guess, unlikely guess, and personal wish for new series. If you're right on all three I'll buy you an av or something

Safe guess: IBO
Unlikely guess: rinne no lagrange
Wish: Netflix voltron

If you guess remake/port or og and you're right, well cry together

Are you guys dense? Id lose my loving poo poo if we got an english port of an older game

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I'd love to have more than a third (being generous) of OG translated into English so I didn't have to hit the glossary button all the time in Moon Dwellers.

Yeah.

Surely an OG Anthology couldnt cost THAT much compared to remaking it outright

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Alpha Collection with english SEA release.

you shut the gently caress up. dont play with my heart like that :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
somebody made a bot account

https://twitter.com/SRWsubtitlebot/status/938632065817309184

• Locked thread