Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Re-railing this. The best part of Novel Kai and Char, is after the groups do form their alliance (and ally with Kycillia to kill Gihren) Char just twists the hand of his suit and kills Kycillia by dropping her into the flaming wreckage of Gihren's car. And Kai just looks at him and just thinks "I really loving hate you Char Aznable." It's just this moment of perfect clarity for him when he just realizes... gently caress this guy. Everyone except Kai and Sayla stay in Zeon, Kai returns to being a pilot and Sayla returns to earth to swim in the ocean after Ghost Amuro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Watching Stardust Memory and War in the Pocket again makes me think Chris and Kou should be best pals. Best...complete obliviousness to the awful war crimes their base is involved in pals.

What the hell, those two.

The Antarctic Treaty was repealed by the Granada Accords, which did NOT limit the use of Nuclear Weapons. Kou's base is not involved in any War Crimes, beyond the perceived crimes of Delaz who like every jumped up Zeon twit thinks the war never ended. I mean, ignoring that there's nothing at all against the Antarctic Treaty about making a suit capable of firing a nuke.

Unless you're referring to the Titans in which case, man that is not Kou's base that's right up the chain of command.

But you did reminds me of the this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djfL4DS155I

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If anyone would like to watch, I'm streaming SRW Alpha Gaiden right now.

EDIT: Would anyone happen to know the best sound plugin for emulating Alpha Gaiden, I'm going bonkers from the slowdown.

Was a mostly good stream, it would have been better had the emulator not hosed up for like 2 hours. I'll be continuing tomorrow and we're finally getting out of AGs extended prologue.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 30, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

A tribute to Hokuto's PC, taken too early from us by I dunno.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

oh no did PC death really occur

Not sure if it's dead or just bluescreened, but it ended the stream either way.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos Streaming Alpha Gaiden again Because I gotta do this three times a week

EDIT: Thank you as always for everyone who drops in to watch.

EDIT: Streaming again!

EDIT: And done again

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I keep forgetting to post these, but we're going to continue Alpha Gaiden at the top of the hour!

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos

We're on the Fort Severn Route and are about to pick up the Gundam X Divider.

EDIT: Done! Was a fun stream until the end when my psychotic ex stalker showed up to make me incredibly uncomfortable. I was having fun for most of the 11 hours though.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 9, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hokuto posted:

The last stage he did this in, I could not combine the G-Bison with him, it was literally just the G-Raptor alone.

This stage, surprisingly enough, he came out combined with the G-Bison with Russel in it which worked greatly to his advantage.

edit: and after giving the G-Raptor back to its rightful owner Radha Bairaban, Bullet gets a jet of his very own, the F-32V Schwert

#FuckBullet

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Yo we be streaming SRW Alpha Gaiden here,

This time we shouldn't go for 11 hours.

EDIT: Done, and I'm sorry for all the bullshit going on, on my end.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 11, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So we're streaming more Alpha Gaiden now, going to get the Hi-Nu

EDIT: Done, I hate that I have to stream as invisible these days to dodge my stalker.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 13, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

doing more alpha gaiden

Oh yeah we finished it last night.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 15, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, I've actually realized I'm at the best grinding spot in Alpha Gaiden, so I'm considering grinding out the stage, my curiosity is if I should do it on stream or do it in private. Obviously a grinding stream would just be shooting the poo poo, probably talking about things like the E7 movie trailer, the Mazinger Z movie trailer and just passing the time while I farm G-Bits for lotsadosh, on the other hand, that'd mean people wouldn't be able to see the opening cutscene. So I could do it like this.

1. Play through the mission normally, then, off-stream go back and grind up.
2. Play the intro on stream, then grind repeatedly for basically the whole session.
3. Do it all off-stream and just accept that people are going to miss the early cutscene.

Or some variation on that, what would people prefer.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I typically don't, just have a lot of units who are under performing, especially since I'm dumb as gently caress and been using my money poorly. Don't NEED to, but I'd like to get lottadosh

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Caphi posted:

Just Luck bosses. Doing that regularly has given me all the cash I've ever needed in every main SRW game for as long as I can remember.

Hey, remember that bonus stage in V where you casually mug an entire fleet of Gamia ships for their parts? That owned.

I've been doing it where I can. Like I said. And look, this isn't as bad as uh... Alpha 1... I think it's very soon after you get the V2, there are a lot of those octopus things from Victory in it? Anyway it had a lose condition for a certain amount of turns passing I think, so I just farmed it over and over again. Not that it mattered in Alpha 1.

EDIT: And no I don't remember a bonus stage in V, I don't have a PS4. My fond memories of money grubbing is Cyflashing motherfuckers in the OG games... And Seven Swell.

Seven Swell solved all my problems.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Welp, we're going to stream at the top of the half hour (so in 9 minutes)

Welp, that was 12 hours of streaming! Made good progress, that is a lie, I spent 5 hours dicking about with the G-Bits, but then I made good progress.... Which is also a lie, I'm only up to Scenario 38. loving Frost Brothers

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 16, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos Streaming more Alpha Gaiden! We're almost done with the game!

Also, Hokuto, back when Tobias did his @G LP, you used the save editor, did you have a 32 bit system back then or did you get it to work on a 64 bit?

Done, we've finished up X-Point, we're close to the end.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 17, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I greatly underappreciated Burning in Alpha Gaiden.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Going to be streaming in 9 minutes, playing more Alpha Gaiden, with my endless frustration over a mouse that doesn't work tainting my commentary.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, I was unaware that if you sold units with upgraded bars back to the bazaar in @G you got items

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos Streaming the finale of Alpha Gaiden

Well that's finally over, now what to play next. I'm thinking maybe a Battle Network game, or going through my steam Library. Or maybe going back to Kessen III

Onmi fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 25, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Who really wants resolve in UX?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I was so hoping that Kira would just... not show up in UX. I knew he was going to, but like, a small part hoped that since he clearly had nothing to do with the plot and was a noted pacifist he'd park his rear end on the sidelines. Oh well, joined and on the bench or not on the team are the same thing. I got too many units I like and want to deploy for Kira's rear end.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I still want that SRW Origins with the OYW being the only represented gundam series and the RX-78-2's animations all made to look brutal like the beam rifle just erupts out and tears through the enemy with this erratically powerful beam. Give it the Shin Mazinger treatment.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Nephrite posted:

This but also playable Ribbons Almark in the 0 Gundam.

KoB posted:

Master Asia with Kowloon Gundam.

No, then you get the problem that SEED in J has, namely that SEED in J doesn't make a loving lick of sense. So the federation apparently has no Mobile weapons and Naturals piloting MS is considered extremely difficult, which is why only Coordinators can do it.

Except for Armslaves, and Mobile Fighters, and George's butler fighting with a Mobile suit piloted with a steering wheel, and EVERY super robot. for 0079 to work, in an SRW the tech scale around it has to be at a level where "Has a beam rifle" and "Made of Lunar Titanium" for a 'mass production real robot' is loving absurd. The Gundam came into the OYW and loving represented a huge threat for Zeon, There wasn't anything else like it, there weren't any other machines which could mount a battleship class weapon on something that moved like a fighter jet, It was almost indestructible, operated in space and on earth and despite the difficulty in mastering a high performance machine, anyone could pilot it.

If you have G Gundam, then you have the hanging fruit of the G-Gundam mechs, if you ignore those, Mobile Fighters are still incredibly powerful able to mount weapon systems that far outstrip the RX-78-2. SRW The Origin should have a strength level comparable to SRW OG1. Where the Grungust was this big, hulking, untouchable machine, and the SRX was held together by spit, prayers and duct tape. Like... all things should spawn from Mobile Suits essentially, and that spawning should be taking it in ways that do not invalidate the steps the Gundam took. Early Knightmare Frames are a good example of this, Dragonar works, but the internal consistency of the world in SRW is one of the best things about it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The way I see it, it's not that "Robots more powerful than the Gundam can't exist." You can make a Mazinger, and you can even have the Mazinger Army, but making a horde of mass produced beam rifle shooting robots to say... fight back against Zeon's Zaku II's is NOT an option. Not to mention you get the usual "Don't you know we're in a war?" "Don't you know we're being attacked from Dinosaurs from beneath the magma layer? Also we're not Government funded."

And you get that wonderful crossover stuff, Zeon fighting Doctor Hell in Africa to keep a hold on Odessa which is the location of some Super Robot project. A big old "Earth is really being hosed right now." situation. And that's what makes the Gundam special, or the Dragonar's. It's not that the Federation has a mobile suit to replace the Guntank and Guncannon, it's not even that it necessarily has a battleship class weapon that can operate in any climate. It's the federation rising and growing to the threat that's before it. It's one of those things that, if anything else, demands something like the Titan's emerge "We went through a blood war where Aliens, Zeon, and monsters emerged to kill us all, we were not prepared, that cannot happen again."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

No problem. The only ones that haven't been used are Mazinger Z vs Devilman (and it's the old anime Devilman, so it's only got the amazing theme song to its name) and Infinity, which is new... Unless the final episodes of Mazinger Z and Z vs GGD are drastically different, in which case that might not have been covered. But if Gilgilgan, Pikadron, brainwashed Kouji and Dragonsaurus appear, at least you'll know which ones they come from.

Edit: Also, with regards to OYW, I'm down for some OYW side stories, like Space Beyond the Flash (or Blaze, I've seen both) and Blue Destiny.

I'd love for those side stories to get to show themselves off. I loved that aspect of the Gihren's Greed games, I loved that dumb animated intro Journey to Jaburo had basically the side story characters and Amuro like a more modern Gundam Team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpW6AJTnqT8

Like I'm kinda sad about The Origin because for the longest time all I've really wanted them to do is go back and do this like Megastory for UC, it's like an anime covering the whole OYW and the various teams and protagonists involved and following those dudes through history and really just like... Well to explain I'm a huge fan of Zoids, and the Battle Story for Zoids (Which I so want to see in SRW) is like... really surprisingly good Sci-Fi fiction attached to this toy line with this expanded timeline and all these cool things and I know it probably wouldn't work as an anime. But seeing all these aces and their trials and tribulations and the stories it's all I ever wanted.

So yeah my 3 SRW wants

SRW - The Origin. An SRW where the RX-78-2 is treated as a big loving deal and the only gundam representation is OYW stories and all the mecha are picked in such a way to give me the same feelings I got with OG1 which I love so much.

SRW - The Sports Anime. So it's G Gundam and Zoids: New Century Zero/Fuzors and Basquash and Iron Leaguer and IGPX Immortal Grand Prix
and ya know, any anime about robot tournaments/competitions. Smash em all together, use G-Gundam as the overall basis (Winner rules earth) and you got Team Neo Japan as the protagonists or whatever, and the bad guy is the rich kids team with all the training and facilities or some poo poo I dunno.

SRW - The Zoids one. Just a game that really makes use of Zoids whole "Planet Zi" scenario and... I mean I guess this has been done in both Alpha Gaiden and Z, it's SRW "There's a lot of desert" basically.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 26, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

Okay, if we're going for this, we're REALLY going for this. The Gundam is a dodgy ranged Super, Jaburo is the half way point and when we get more Gundams, with Gelgoogs appearing soon after so it isn't too powerful. All the Gundams we get at Jaburo are superior to the RX-78-2, which is why the FA or Perfect are secrets to make it better. By the end, the worst Gundam unit is the Ground Type used by Karen and Sanders, with Shiro's Ez-8 being a close second, but Shiro has a slight Command Aura so he's still useful to some extent. The RX-78-2 is your powerhouse in the early game, with Mazinger Z joining a bit of a ways in due to a few space levels at first and Getter being too energy heavy. It's only after the half way point that the RX-78-2 isn't as good as it once was, since by that point the Gelgoog is around, but even then the plain Gundam can run circles around the Rick Doms you'd usually see in the Zeon levels. Also, at Jaburo the RX-78-2 is given a free Magnetic Coating.

SRW The Origin Series List
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
0080 War in the Pocket (Introduce Chris early as just a pilot for a bunch of experimental machines that wind up getting switched up when the new Fed prototype comes in, eventually a route split sends her and others to Side 6 for the Alex. So like, starting her in a Guncannon Reinforced Type, she gets the first GM, or a GM Sniper or so on, so forth))
08th MS Team (Have the actual team rotate in cast in and out of the White Base crew until the finally unite properly as the 08th at Odessa.)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Blue Destiny (With Marion Welch secret, don't know how this would relate to the Destiny units themselves or if you'd have to trade them for a pilot)
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes (Would focus on an earth-side route split I'm thinking it's something like "Head to Solomon with the White Base" or "Fight Machineland on Earth" something that reasonably still places some MS units on an earth team.)
MSV and variants just for all that MS goodness
Mazinger Z or Shin Mazinger
Getter Robo (Manga) or New Getter Robo or any other Origin Getter Robo
Dragonar
Layzner (?)
Aura Battler Dunbine (?)
Daitarn 3
Dancouga (Original)
Gad Guard Okay not really first of all because it's apparently post apocalypse and second because it's just a pet of mine.
Macross Zero (Potentially, I don't know if a transforming robot is too much for the series, but I think Valkyrie's having their basis heavily in fighter jets is enough of a give for them existing)
Patlabor (Feels low enough on the power grade to work)

Onmi fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 27, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

You really want that Journey to Jaburo team.

The only change I'd make is adding classic Mobile Suit Gundam to it, since Origin did miss out on some aspects that would be fun to see. Also the OVA has so far just been Casval's origins and not the series as well.

I meant the manga, and I do. I was going to throw in more of the video games, but I was restraining myself

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Stardust Memory takes place post OYW, which would kind of go agains the idea of an SRW with the OG Gundam as a central plot.

Yeah, unless like, there was a bit of like a post-war Epilogue style of end-game. And then what, during the war you get slightly younger Immortal 4th, but that would change the end-game from A Baoa Qu to the Colony drop, it WOULD end on the formation of the Titan's, which sets up for a sequel, But like... I'm not looking from this as "Ooh a trilogy or whatever" just a single game. Like for the same reason there's no Getter G.

EDIT: Like I'd rather have a Cima secret in a game that starts with 0083 as like a prologue Act 1, so that when the Zeta/ZZ stuff kicks in she's already recruited as a secret.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 27, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

I mean, Cima already left Zeon by that point. She left Zeon right at the start of the war IIRC. Plus, what would she even join up in? A Gelgoog? Cool as that is, she wouldn't have much to go with. Also, Shiro would be a better choice than Amuro, since he was there when they gassed the colonies for Operation British.

Cima didn't leave Zeon during the war, she left after, when she tried to take her forces to Axis, and then was denied entry for "War Crimes" that her superiors had placed upon her. Her Gelgoog Jaeger was her suit in the war. But yes, Shrio'd be a far better choice to recruit her, as according to at least one game, she gassed the colony he was in.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

Ah, okay. Well, since we've got 0080 in here, a Jaeger would fit. From what I can see (and by that I mean from what MAHQ says) the Jaeger is quite a bit better than a normal Gelgoog, so she'd join with something better than a Gundam. So at this point, our guys would, along with the Gelgoog Jaeger, have the RX-78-2, the Alex, the Ez-8, Blue Destiny Unit 3 and Master Pierce Rayer's GM Sniper II, as well as whatever MSV secrets we can throw in there, like the G-3, 4th, 5th, Mudrock, FA, Perfect...

Wait, my mistake, her unit is a Marine Commander.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/ms-14fs.htm

Basically a slightly better Gelgoog, so on par with the RX-78-2 Magnetic Coating probably.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Listen, they probably spent many countless nights like "How do we get that rear end in a cut-in."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Now if only Bandai-Namco could get Pizza Hut to sponsor SRW...

New OG protagonist is a pizza delivery boy

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I started up some SRW J to pass the time. Someone finally agrees with the poo poo Natarle says and of course it's that toolbox Akatsuki.

To be fair that scene is completely loving justified for the both of them, and your whiny pilots are frankly assholes for crying about 'Threatening' Lacus. It makes no sense, we didn't put a Gun to Lacus' head, we just brought her to the bridge and said "Hey assholes who just sneak attacked us and have a gun pointed at our heads if you squeeze the trigger, your princess dies."

And then the Zaft idiots are all "TAKING A HOSTAGE IS LOW!" YOU FUCKERS TOOK THE ARCHANGEL HOSTAGE FIRST IT WASN'T EVEN 5 MINUTES AGO!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah I hate it when everyone acts true to their character in morally ambiguous circumstances.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. But the issue isn't "Everyone's true to their characters" It's that... we weren't threatening Lacus, if Natarle put a gun to Lacus' head, then sure, I get it. It works in that case because that's a spite thing "If you refuse to leave I will shoot your princess before you shoot us."

But the 'Hostage Taking' was "Bring Lacus to the bridge so the enemy can see she's on board." Maybe it's different in Seed, I dunno, but in-game the only way you can frame it as "We took a hostage" is... frankly insane. We found Lacus on complete accident and took her in with no ill intent. That's the opposite of taking a hostage, that's a rescue. Zaft using invisibility to stick a gun to our heads and then, when we reveal the shot will kill other people, going "YOU'RE DESPICABLE!" is... am I supposed to take away that they're hypocritical morons?

And what about our guys? They're acting, again, like a gun was placed to Lacus's head. If you took that same scene and put where Natarle says "We cannot guarantee her safety" a gun sound effect, I wouldn't have a problem.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MightyPretenders posted:

Would you say Gundam SEED belongs in a(nother?) SRW game featuring the darkest and most depressing series they can get their hands on?

Seed's problem is sort of the problem that Alpha 3, J and W all had to handle in their own way. Alpha 3 had to explain what the gently caress Plants were, why these Gundams were important at all, and suddenly retcon this OYW level conflict into a game about fighting to the ends of the galaxy. J just plays it straight, which makes no sense. Seeds story kind of hinges on the Archangel being alone and outnumbered in a war, not only does Zaft have the overwhelming advantage, Natural's can't even PILOT Mobile Suits because it's apparently too complex. This falls apart when you have Arm Slaves for example, which can apparently be easily modified to function in space, yet the Federation has seen no need to do so. There's not even a throwaway about how the M6 just can't stand up to a Mobile Suit. Then there's the G Gundam paradox, so... the Gundam Fight is a thing, and Neo X are things, and Mobile Suits simple enough to be piloted by a butler with a steering wheel are things... but not any of the normal mobile suits from G Gundam? What's the Gundam Fight for exactly? Why is Neo Sweden a thing, what IS a Neo Sweden in the J world? Like I'm leaving out Astevalis because you have to get modified to pilot one and Super Robots are all privately owned, so again, not shocking that the government doesn't have them... I mean Boss Borot functions, beyond all reason it functions and was made by a highschooler and his cronies but we're overlooking.

But the core conflict of Seed is "No, really the Federation loving NEEDS the Strike, no seriously if they don't get the Strike they're hosed." and I just don't see that in J. W's answer for it was the best, "Just don't have the Archangel join until that part of the plot ceases mattering." I mean... it doesn't super explain the whole "Mobile Suits already exist" thing but... at least it doesn't try to make the Archangel work.

So to answer your question, sort of like the OYW, it belongs in an SRW that actually makes use of its "No seriously, the Federation needs the Archangel and Strike or it's hosed."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm interested in how IBO would end in an SRW since its ending is... not a happy one.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Yeah to confirm with IBO, I don't doubt they can do "And Tekkaden survives, wins, bloodies Gjallarhorn's nose and all the other things you'd expect." I'm more interested in if they WILL do that, or if the game will end before that stuff happens, or how it will be rewritten.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I think most of the anger is at how rough the silly saber spin looks, when the Alpha 2/3 incarnation of the Sazabi (which acts as an easy point of reference) had the exact same attack motion, but with tighter execution. Personally, I think the main difference between games is that Alpha's version is a quick flourish at the end of the attack that you might not notice, while the Z3/X version has the windmill spin right in your face on full display so you can see the less refined parts of the animation more clearly. Then again, Char flailing around like a dork while trying to act cool fits him like a glove, so having the animation be clunky is perfectly fitting for the pilot inside the robot.

To be honest a lot of the animations in this game feels like they stripped out half the frames and leads to them jerking around. Especially compared to the OG series animations which are very fluid. It's doubly odd because some animations are fluid, but others are just... stiff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I need to make a list of "X was recruitable before Cima Garahau"

• Locked thread