Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

So this is a thing that just happened in my playthrough of J.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

You givin' me sass, boy!?

NO ONE GIVES THE KAISER SASS

(no valor applied)

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Gai's Aestivalis is a Super now. Just like he always dreamed it would be.

(poor money handling + a spare super alloy z alpha = fun times)

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

So, I just finished my first SRW last night (It was J, pretend to be surprised). What should I dive into next?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Schwarzwald posted:

Borotkaiser is an extremely muscular and spiky redesign.

There are no stat changes compared to Boss Borot.

Nah, nah, not no stat changes.

He has 10 extra HP and 100 extra armor.

In exchange, the ludicrously impractical armor (actually just stuck on top of the normal Borot) does the same horrible things to mobility and movement range that FA variants do to reals, but without the mobility and move to spare that reals have.

If we're feeling generous, have the Borotkaiser suit serve as ablative armor.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

EthanSteele posted:

It also doubles his repair cost as befitting such a mighty and high tier unit.

Oh no, 20 credits at the end of every stage gone instead of 10!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Raxivace posted:

J sounds bizarre.

Is there like a ballpark amount of accuracy I should be looking toward getting to?

No accuracy upgrades except when fully upgrading weaponry.

In unrelated news,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W1zXHacwDE
I think Siiva's a bit confused on whose theme this is.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Okay, I give up. How in the hell do you get Alpha Gaiden to run on ePSXe without crashing immediately?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

The local Sofmap made a good choice for a video demo for their monitors.

Setsuna would just crash if he saw this, wouldn't he?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, that's what I thought. In a practical sense I wondered if they had figured out a way to detonate the nuke in the barrel and have the explosion all forced out one end and in a way that didn't destroy the GP02 and was like holy poo poo Federation technology is amazing, with inertial dampeners and stuff.

Would you believe me if I said that the U.S. military considered doing exactly this at one point? It's called the Casaba-Howitzer, if you want to look the thing up.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

EthanSteele posted:

Doesn't Getter Emperor Ryouma have a cloning facility that constantly pumps out new Musashis as the old ones die? I guess he eventually comes around to Gendo's idea.

I like to think that Getter Emperor mass-produces one-seat Getter-1s and Musashis for the express purpose of having a Musashi Gatling Gun.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgjhYxh7I64

Kouji looks wrong with no sideburns.

The music's good, at least.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Inferno-sama posted:

I think that Mika or the Barbatos would get a stat boost every time he does that, with the Graze Ein fight unlocking a sword attack. Also, since he can apparently pilot anything with the AV connector in it, the IBO cast can switch units around until the Graze Ein fight, then he's permanently locked into Barbatos for the rest of the game. Also they'd have the AV system as a pilot skill that requires Barbatos and the like to use, which functions like the Newtype skill, with Mika already having level 3 since he has 3 of the thing in him.

I was sorta thinking along the same lines. One idea I had is that during the Graze Ein fight, Ein has Lv9 in AV, and although you'd never be able to see the difference in actual gameplay, I think it'd be kinda cool if Lv9 AV actually gave Ein all of his stats, and his actual stats during that fight are at the bare minimum of 50, to represent that Ein literally cannot function outside of the Graze Ein.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Inferno-sama posted:

That's a great idea but that would mean that Lv9 AV would have to give insane stats in order to account for it. His stats would be much lower than they should be, but at 50 even Lv9 AV wouldn't make up for it. He'd go from being a boss to a weak grunt with abnormally high HP.

Edit: Lv9 AV would just cover for the penalty to his stats for being permanently fused to the Graze Ein, but his stats would also be designed around Graze Ein. With Lv9 AV he'd have high melee, range, hit and evasion with decent defence and skill.

I've just sort of been operating on the idea that A.V. as a skill never actually levels up, and it's just based on how many connections you have, i.e. most people who have A.V. have Lv1 AV and that's it, except Mika, who has Lv3 because, y'know, three Whiskers. Assuming nobody else shows up in the show who gets permanently fused to their mech like Eins, he'll be the only guy who has Lv9 AV, and thus we can, in fact, have Lv9 AV give outrageous stats because only Eins will get it (this will of course come back to bite us when somebody glitches the game so that you can level up AV, and IBO becomes disgustingly dominating because everyone with AV can glitch to Lv9 and get +180 or so to everything).

Wow, this really is a lot of effort for a doofy easter egg that nobody will see without hacking the game to see what exactly skills do, huh?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Raxivace posted:

Ah okay, I'm still in the early 20's so I guess I just haven't gotten to the harder ones yet.

Have you noticed that resupplying lowers a unit's Will by 10?

It does, and it's something that Puzzle Robo makes you use.

I won't even go into detail on the poo poo you have to pull with Zeal and Aid.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

NutritiousSnack posted:

I'm having fun with this, but you think there is going to be a sequel or future games in English?

I'd imagine that they'll keep making English translations as long as people keep buying them.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

I'd take JoJo.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

KoB posted:

Does Harmony Gold hold the license everyone but Japan?

To grossly oversimplify: They don't, but they think they do, and they fight so hard about it that nobody particularly wants to wrangle the rights back from them.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

MonsieurChoc posted:

Put all of your money into Cybuster as soon as you get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqdmU-nvsrY

...And to try and prove your point, you use footage from a game where Cybuster (and all the originals really (except Thrundgelmir)) sucks?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

That's adorable, you think they'll use original series Gundam again.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Oh for- F90-era Job John? AI Zakrello!? Godless heathens, the lot of you!

The Death Army pilots are collectively the most husbando material characters in the entire franchise!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

poo poo, I suppose the Valzacard doesn't actually have any fancy power source, just bullshit deep-future tech (or would it be bullshit ancient tech on technicality?) and two other robots duct-taped to an already combining battleship.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Ethiser posted:

It's pilot locked to Katz.

What is this, day care!? This is CCA, we're locking that motherfucker to Hathaway!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

If I were to make some kinda Gundam fangame with 0079 mechs in it (but not necessarily the story), I'd probably make some kinda scenario mimicking the action-y bit of that pilot, just so that people would realize what I was referencing and have a conniption.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Hokuto posted:

What you do is, at the very end of the stage, somebody says "Boy that fight was a real doozy!" "HAHAHAHAHA" and end the stage while the player's doing a double-take.

Naah, that's too obvious. Honestly, the pink GM you'd get just in time for that scenario would probably be too telling.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

One of these days we'll get Megas XLR, goddamnit!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Nobody liking Delta and everybody being so loving done with Frontier probably helps with that.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

So, where's our good friend Mr. Negotiator in all of this?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Caphi posted:

Bring back the thing from Alpha where every attack was a single weapon action and every weapon was in the attack list, so Combattler V had two pages of close-range free attacks for every bizarre thing it did in one episode that literally nobody ever used because they were all strictly worse than the sword.

Hey, that's not true! I distinctly recall making it a personal challenge of mine to actually kill at least one thing with that range 1, no post movement attack Voltes V had! And I did!

(I also used Great Mazinger's Backspin Kick more times than was likely advisable out of sheer style.)

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Oh god, now they both look wrong!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Hellioning posted:

As Alpha is still at 65%, I'll have to disagree with you.

I thought the Alpha patch was just dead. Again.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

I've always been of an understanding that a bug is not why Supers in D can't take damage for poo poo. A bug would be easy; you can just release a patch for a bug and then everything's roses!

No, as I understand it, supers in D fell victim to a balancing problem wherein armor values across the board are lower, and damage values are higher. Reals don't care, because they aren't supposed to get hit anyways, but Supers are left unable to effectively do half of their job description. A balance problem is an issue that is simultaneously much easier and infinitely harder to fix (as can be seen by J over-correcting way too hard and making supers overwhelmingly dominant).

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

2) all series selected have to be available on a US accessible streaming service(like Crunchyroll, Funimation, or Hi-Dive to give some examples) for rights purposes

Question: Does iTunes count as a streaming service for the purposes of this rule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Welp, there goes my dream of putting in Megas XLR.

• Locked thread