Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I am all on board for the fanfiction where Kai Shiden becomes a super newtype, that's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

I don't think that's what "hot blood" means in English outside weebland. Although if I had my way, it'd have been Fury and 直撃 would have been something more appropriate, like Target or Critical.

I tend to go with "Pierce" for 直撃. One word, to the point.

Regarding patch stuff - J and AG try to stick with Atlus terms, though AG did accidentally use Hope twice.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I know it's a bit :filez:, but would anyone happen to know if any kind of raw scans exist for the Record of ATX manga?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

I mean, I've read translated scans, so I assume so. Lemme know if you find OG Chronicle.

Finally, the manga we've all been waiting for about an antagonist in V Gundam!

(kidding)

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Here's a translation of the preorder bonuses:

Bonus 1: Get a gift scenario that lets you get useful parts and money at the start of the game
Bonus 2: SRWV original theme
Bonus 3: Use SRW 25th anniversary special addition robots Grungust and Huckebein right from the beginning of the game

My general impressions of the trainer:

I liked Athrun's Char Kick? F91 is good. Puru had good animations. And maybe this time we won't have any reason to do a bunch of griping about the female lead being relegated to support pilot. :v:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
The way they specify "right from the beginning of the game" makes me believe that the Grungust and Huckebein will be unlocked in the mid-to-late game normally, but you get them right from the word go if you preorder. Like letting you have the Gunbuster right at the beginning of Alpha 1 or something.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Raxivace posted:

Omfg the second to last stage of SRW3 is such bullshit.

I have no advice to give, but for your effort at trying to beat SRW3, I salute you.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Okay, I give up. How in the hell do you get Alpha Gaiden to run on ePSXe without crashing immediately?

You know, I recently posted my AG build for someone else, so I'll just link you to that instead of going through and exhaustively reviewing your version and settings. The only other tip I can give you if this fails is to try 1.5.0 instead of 1.6.0. I did all of my testing on 1.5.0. No bios in this zip either.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ZuljinRaynor posted:

So... how do I get the SR point on Scenario 3 (Space Route) in Moon Dwellers? I am completely stumped on how I am supposed to kill 4 enemies in 2 turns right out of the gate.

You want to team up Ing and Rai. Rai can use Accelerate for the first turn. Ing can use his twin spirit for the second turn, which will grant both Accelerate and Assail, enabling your units to attack an enemy normally outside of its range. Then you can finish the enemy off with a counter during enemy phase. I found it worked well for me with the enemies closest on the far right.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'd kind of like to see them treat the third movie as a thing in a future SRW game, where people treat Shinji the same way they did in the movie, for the same reasons. IE, this guy triggered Third Impact and now he's awake again, holy poo poo guys we really can't afford to trigger this kid by telling him what he did, but we also can't do anything to stimulate him otherwise. Conclusion: Nobody talk to the kid and shun him at every turn, until somebody like Shinn speaks up and goes "But that's stupid!" But I guess for that, the fourth movie would have to exist first, so that the third move can have a real endgame to speak of.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

GilliamYaeger posted:

Idea: Getter Armageddon and Eva 2.0 have their conclusions at the same time (instead of Zeruel its Shin Getter?). Come the interrogation scene in 3.0, Shinji's about to mentally tell Rei where he is when KNOCK KNOCK ITS GETTER, and Ryouma's here to bust Shinji out since the last time he saw the kid, he was doing something awesome and his current treatment is bullshit.

Your idea is better, sign me up.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I am going to stream some early SRW Z1 shortly. Come by if you feel like hanging out.

Edit: Stream over, but the legend of Kodama "Nekku" Moon???? will live on

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 2, 2016

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I have a question for peeps who bought Moon Dwellers in English - Can you recommend a reliable store that sells codes for Singapore PSN cards?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

drrockso20 posted:

Play-Asia is pretty reliable

I didn't realize they did cards in that region. Thanks!

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ohmygod, Minifée. I remember that from Quebec tv during my childhood.

Also featured in Giant Robo: The Animation :v:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Either that, or send up the Ideon and let it handle the stage.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Man I was ready to come to the rescue using that idea.

Alas:

I'm stumped on this name.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Brunom1 posted:

Blah, I give up - checked dozens of pages already and found zip about it.

If its not important enough to warrant folks figuring out how it's spelled fourteen years after the series ended, then I needn't care that much! :v:

I know you've dropped this by now, but I asked around and just got confirmation from an actual Indonesian that the katakana looks nothing remotely Indonesian to her. You know, just to make you feel better. :v:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I wish there was a game where the pull of the Earth's gravity well had a measurable effect on people's souls and Newtype powers.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

I just want beautiful HD GaoGaiGar sprites and animations and if V ain't gonna give me that it can gently caress itself.

I recently watched all of Tekkaman Blade, and I would pay an inordinate amount of money for that show to be given the full console SRW treatment.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

The bigger question is, how much of that money would go to microphone/audio equipment insurance?

I just want to hear Takehito Koyasu totally hamming it up, the screaming from Morikawa is an added bonus.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

GilliamYaeger posted:

Well its got a translation up to stage 20-something so you may as well give it a shot.

How is the translation? I hear /m/ put forth a pretty concerted effort on it. Any good screencaps or anything?

Edit: Also today I learned Yoshitaka Amano has a book of GoShogun art???

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 22, 2016

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Discussing Gaogaigar in SRW brings me right back around to Tekkaman Blade again, because of how it was handled in W. I feel like those two series didn't belong together, even with their superficial similarities like civilian contractor outer space development companies getting access to superheroes outside the world's military hierarchy. After watching Blade, I feel like for that series to really work and keep its level of grittiness intact, it needs to be dark. You can't have an uplifting plot on the scale of Gaogaigar without sacrificing the gritty and dark tone that drove Tekkaman Blade.

It's a show where the whole world is all but overrun by alien life that's even altering their ecosystem and rendering huge swathes of land unlivable. Nobody can stand up to the aliens except Tekkaman Blade and the couple of Sol Tekkamen still left, and even then, Blade has a hard 30 minute limit and cannot fight indefinitely like he does in SRW. In the latter parts of the show, Blade's transformations start to take a heavy mental toll on him, and the Space Knights are driven to question if they should be sending him out at all, given what it's doing to him. In a setting where Mazinger and Grendizer are right around the corner, there's no reason for this dilemma to exist - Blade can feasibly just sit back and let the rest of the super robot army do their thing, meaning a lot of that plot drive and tension is just lost.

Basically, I think if Tekkaman Blade did get a prime-time slot again, they shouldn't use GGG or other really positive shows. They should use similarly toned series like original Dancougar and Shin Getter Robo Armageddon, maybe one of the grittier Mazinger incarnations like Mazinkaiser vs. the Great General of Darkness (this is an excuse for me to get The Gate of the Hell as BGM).

I'm sorry to anyone who read all the way to the end of my long fanfiction opinions

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 22, 2016

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Schwarzwald posted:

Now I want a SRW but exclusively about heroes with time limits.

This is a wonderful idea

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I know this is kind of nitpicky, but I've been looking at the text of earlier games like Alpha 2 lately and noticing a whole lot of white text over white or mustard yellow background.

They haven't gotten much better in that regard.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

GimmickMan posted:

The Invincible/Grit spell wasn't in the GBA versions of OG1 and OG2.

It was in OG2! I think.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Prism posted:

Alpha Gaiden maybe?

Grit didn't exist until Alpha 2.

I also just double-checked, totally ready to prove GimmickMan wrong in court, but nope he was right, no Grit in OG2. Anyway Grit's a good word and I like to keep it for that term.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

How did they switch those?

My guess is that one was in the "first name" slot and one was in the "last name" slot, and they did some kind of blanket reverse for them with non-Gundam names, since non-Gundam names tend to be lastname-firstname. It's an easy thing to miss.

Either that or they might have assumed Xing was the last name and Ke was the first name??

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

name stuff

Now I'm more confused than when I started. :psyduck:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

This is about the 'average' level basically. At worst you get bizarre incoherence.

what a drat itty operator

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
We don't know how bad V's translation will be, but here's one that I can tell you guys will probably be good!

I finally got permission from my collaborators to show off screens from this very much nonofficial translation effort.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Stop it you're making me want to actually watch the show

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm glad I can randomly go thane thane thane thane thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaneeeeeeeeeeee in this thread too now.

Fine I guess I have to post it. This is from when there were a few, uh, compression issues.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

I'm satisfied that I know everything I need to know about the series now, thank you. This was magical.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Race Realists posted:

woah WOAH what the gently caress why didn't anyone tell me there was an alpha 2 translation project going on? who's all involved?

Godspeed :stare:

It's me and a couple of other guys who have worked on other projects and prefer to let me post instead. It's only been active for around a month now, and this is the first time I've mentioned anything in public. It probably won't be ready for prime time for a long while yet. The first 20 stages alone are 80 out of the game's 150 stages.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 5, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Son Ryo posted:

Could you use any extra translation help, on battle dialogue or so on? I go by 'Greenrose' over on Romhacking.net, and I was working on an SRW MX patch before the programmer on that up and disappeared.

Thanks for the offer! I'll hit you up if we need it, but right now the battle dialogue's spoken for (no pun intended). Orenronen also helped me vet a bunch of Hebrew names, he's awesome. People will probably look at it weird when they see a character named Illui, though.

Also, my condolences on the MX project, I hope it eventually works out for you.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 5, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Ryoga posted:

It is literal and to the point. It is an orthodox translation.

I really wish SA had some sort of upvoting mechanic so that I could give this post a little up arrow

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Honestly the most stable and competent cyber newtype is probably Gyunei Guss. The only thing he had issues with was an inferiority complex against Char.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

CaptainRat posted:

Casts Accelerate.

This is the best answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've been re-reading the Record of ATX manga and I still feel Bian was wasted by dying so early. I really wish they'd bring him back somehow (and give him a team-attack with Lune).

I think removing him early was very much intentional, in order to have a character who set the tone for the rest of the series and then left the stage before he overstayed his welcome.

Really, it's a thing more characters in the OG series should learn from.

• Locked thread