Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Watching Eva 1.11 again for the purpose of comparison with Shin Evangelion, I am wondering, outside of Eva and SRWZ2's dimension beasts, are there any other media were rainbows are menacing?

I think the Care Bear Stare done by several Care Bears as a combination attack killed a villain maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Schwarzwald posted:

I'd love a modern SRW with only shows from the 70's, but I didn't need to read that interview (again, props Hokuto!) to know that'd never happen.

At this point I'll take almost any 70s representation beyond just Zambot 3 and Daitarn 3. Based on that interview, I'd be surprised if those two stay around much longer.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Whenever they get around to debuting Mazinger Z Infinity do you think they'll evergreen that ala Amuro/Nu Gundam or do you think they'll use it maybe once or twice before going back to the weird Shin Mazinger anime-manga-originals mash-up thing they're doing currently?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I was starting to lose interest in the series after the previous game but now I'm hyped again despite the lack of 70s super robot shows still. Kinda weird they went with Endless Orbit SSX for the Captain Harlock stuff instead of a more recent iteration.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Daitarn 3 getting replaced with Trider G7 seemed kind of odd at first but after seeing this I'm on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

Trider G7 stuff

This is why I like Trider G7 in SRW. It can be slotted in as a filler super robot entry without having to really work in its "plot." As much as I liked having 70s super robot shows in SRW games, a lot of the time they're "post-plot" and they just kinda elude to "yeah they're famous and did the thing they're famous for" and that's about it. Trider G7 can just exist in the universe without having to shoe-horn in an explanation (unless having a somewhat goofy slice-of-life-ish monster of the week show in the same universe as "hard sci-fi series" and "magic robot series" and "space opera" is too jarring I guess).

• Locked thread