Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tuxedo Gin posted:

isn't a witch naming her cat salem like a jew naming his cat auschwitz?

It was less like a bunch of witches were murdered and more like a bunch of randos were accused of being witches for no plausible reason

so it's like a Jew naming his cat "InfoWars"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

notZaar posted:

Actually it was the hot blonde who played Sabrina.

Whatever happened to Melissa Joan Hart anyway, shouldn't she have graduated to the part of her career where she plays hot moms instead of hot teens

e: holy poo poo, she had an ABC Family sitcom from 2010-2015 that ran for four loving seasons :eyepop:
Going by the Wikipedia summary it looks terrible

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 5, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

The first thing I did when I saw this thread was check to see if she's still cute.

She's actually way younger than I thought she would be (she is exactly 40 this year), probably because she was literally 15 years old when Clarissa Explains It All started and 20 when Sabrina started

Most TV teens are actually like 24 so that surprised me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OP who is "Cheryl Blossom"

I remember seeing in Archie ads in the back pages of my Sonic The Hedgehog comic books that they had Poochied in a sexy redhead to add additional tension to the Betty/Veronica situation for some reason, and thinking "this drawing is attractive to my seven-year-old prepubescent mind, but not attractive enough to make me want to read Archie comics"; is that who it is, and does this mean the character lasted longer in Archie canon than like a year because that would surprise the poo poo out of me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Did Sabrina the Teenage Witch, the live-action TV show starring Melissa Joan Hart, ever have a Sonic The Hedgehog crossover episode, because if not they were leaving money on the table

even just a cameo from a rude crude blue CGI rodent with attitude, voiced by Jaleel White

e: also he is a dude, I forgot to rhyme with "dude"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't understand why someone would get so mad about a thread about 90s sitcoms and Archie Comics that they'd drop a G-bomb on it but ok whatev

PallasAthene posted:

The obvious answer to "What show should Sabrina have had a crossover with?' is The X-Files.

Mulder believes that bitchy brunette cheerleader when she tells him Sabrina is using occult powers to kill people in town.

Scully says there has to be a scientific explanation.

The two old aunts capture Mulder, plan to sacrifice him to Hecate, but Scully gets there at the last minute and shoots them both, Sabrina is exonerated.

But then Mulder and Scully talk to her one last time right after the aunts' funeral and then go to leave town. Sabrina stands by the graves as they get into their car, but the engine won't start. Mulder tries it two or three times, looks back at Sabrina, then tries it again, and this time it starts and they drive away as the scene ends on Sabrina standing there smiling.

Was there ever an X-Files / Buffy crossover with roughly this plot because that would make a lot more sense to me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

Does this mean The Wire take place in the same universe as Sabrina?

Getta loada this maroon, never heard of the Tommy Westphall Universe :rolleye:

quote:

Westphall, who is autistic, took on major significance in St. Elsewhere's final episode, "The Last One", where the common interpretation of that finale is that the entire St. Elsewhere storyline exists only within Westphall's imagination.[1] As characters from St. Elsewhere have appeared on other television shows and those shows' characters appeared on more shows, and so on, a "Tommy Westphall Universe" hypothesis was postulated by Dwayne McDuffie where a significant amount of fictional episodic television exists within Tommy Westphall's imagined fictional universe.

https://thetommywestphall.wordpress.com/the-master-list/

Also in this same universe: Ally McBeal; American Horror Story: Murder House; Battlestar Galactica; Community; Family Matters; Everybody Loves Raymond; Heroes; It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia; both versions of The Office; Seinfeld; Star Trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lodin posted:

Fun Fact: Giz who normally draws Menage a 3 has ended up drawing a bunch of actual Archie comics. Kinda ironic since Goons called the strip Archime since it was drawn in that style but was a typical Japanese harem comic.

Also, Gary has scored multiple times since the early days:

I'm gonna guess that he has also been pressured into gay sex or humiliating sex of some type, because that is funny and not the author's fetish at all

• Locked thread